Mia, Paradise, or S.F. Cozumel Beaches?

DisneyDavid

Earning My Ears
We will be in Cozumel in a few weeks and since Chankanaab may not be open, we are trying to decide which beach to take our 9 and 11 year olds. I don't want to pay the over $200 for the Cozumel Beach Break thru the ship. I have some questions and welcome any suggestions about the 3 main beaches that I see mentioned on these boards: Playa Mia, Paradise and San Francisco.

1) What are the costs to get in, to use the toys, to eat? If they have packages, how much are they?

2) Our kids are moderate swimmers. How deep is the water and how far out are the toys (water trampolines, icebergs)?

3) How are the crowds?

4) Any recent reports on the condition of the beaches?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Disney David!!

We will be on the ship this coming week ( :banana: :banana: :banana: ) and are planning to go to Paradise Beach in Cozumel. There is no charge to get on the beach and there is an $8 charge per person to use the floats and iceberg area. I'll post a report when I come back as to the condition of the beach post-Wilma and some other details. :sail:

We went to Paradise Beach on our April cruise. There is no admission charge. They do expect you to spend at least $8 per person on food/drinks (since there is no admission charge). The taxi was $13 for 4 of us each way. Wristbands are $8 each and offer use of life vests, snorkle gear, floats, ocean kayaks, iceberg, and water trampoline. My DD(8) used a life vest and could do everything. The water would have been too deep for her at the iceberg and water tramp otherwise. The water was up to the shoulders of my DS(11). Food is about $4/5 for each item. We got some chips and salsa which were excellent and some sandwiches. My DS said it was the best hamburger he's ever had! Drinks were on the high side $2.25 for bottled water. Some have complained about rocks in the water but we did not experience that problem. We entered the water near the iceberg. We had a great day there! Have fun!
UMTerp

We've been trying to decide this as well and while we like hte idea of a freshwater pool at Mia or SF, there are just SO many great reports on Paradise that we are going to go there. I understand you can walk to all of them..so we will check them out for next time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter