MHP, how many during a trip?

neonderlyn

Mouseketeer
I like to plan my trips well in advance so i have a budget and idea of what to expect and look forward to so im trying to figure out whats best for out 2016 halloween trip.

It will be our first item visiitng the parks for Halloween time and we have two toddler who will be 4 and 5. My question is how many MHP would you do during a 4 day trip? Would more then 1 be ideal? Maybe 2?

Also is it better to do MHP on a park day or on a day that your not using as a park day, such as arrival day?

I think just 1 per trip is sufficient. Last year we had a 5 day PH and did MHP on a non park day so we could go for a total of 6 days. It was nice to have a relaxed morning and take a nap since we were in the park until midnight. I would do MHP and save your 3 day PH for the following days. Since you can get in 3 hours prior to the start of the party it gives you 8 hours in DL which you'll be able to do quite a bit in that timeframe (although it will be super busy until the party starts).

As many as you can! ;)

We did as many as 3 in one trip because they are so much fun! It's hard to see/do everything in just one party, so if you have the opportunity to do more than one, go for it!

Plus, if you don't want to do trick-or-treating, you can ride rides and see the parades and fireworks. That way you don't have to leave at 6 p.m. or 7 p.m. when the parties officially start.

I would do two if it's in your budget, but it depends a lot on what you want to do during MHP. I would choose to do one party to focus on characters and the second party to focus on the entertainment. Otherwise, you'll have to be a bit more selective about what you choose to do during the party. Trick-or-treating could easily be done at both/either party, especially if wait until the later portion of the party when the lines tend to thin out. Now, it's worth noting that this is based on the past and with the changes coming to DL in 2016, it's not clear how MHP will be impacted.

In terms of the timing...I would only do MHP on your arrival date if you know there is no chance that you'll be late/delayed. Otherwise, I would look to do the parties early in your trip when everyone has the most energy.

I think one is sufficient. You get sooo much candy at one party that it would be way too much if you went twice. Plus I think it's a special thing to go to & if we go once a year it won't ruin the special part about it. Its kind of like having two Easters or two Christmases you know? Well that's how it is for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter