MGM on a Saturday?? Need itinerary input, please!

NJDisneymom

DIS Veteran
Trying to figure out which day to do what is tough!! I have MGM slotted for Saturday because we have no PS's that day. We are arriving late Thurs. night and will do MK on Friday. Is MGM a good park for a Saturday? I figure the crowds will be in MK, right?

Where in MGM do you eat? How early should we get there (of course May hours aren't out yet)? Are there any tips on any must do/see's for MGM? We were there once and ate at a rather icky counter service place. I don't remember the name but from what I read I believe it was the Backlot Express. It was just the first place we came across (we were alittle lost in that area of the park).

Thoughts on doing MGM our 2nd day?? Sunday is Mother's Day and we have PS's for breakfast and dinner so our other option is to move it later in the week.

if you are looking for counter service in MGM, we like the ABC Commissary, lots of spread out room (but we eat early lunches so it may have felt like that due to the early time) & tv's everywhere playing ABC tv show clips. we got the fish & chips, it was alot & could easily be shared.

the sit down restaurants seem quite pricey, Mama Melroses, Sci Fi, & 50's Prime Time Cafe seem to be the popular ones. may need PS's for those tho.

check out the menus of restaurants (including prices) on All ears net, some of the menu's were recently updated this month!

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm#mgm

Brown Derby is the best food, but is expensive. Can't afford it? Try Sci-Fi or ABC Commissary.

Get there about 30-45 minutes before opening.

Must sees include: Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Lights, Motors, Action Stunt Show (Opening May 2005), Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, Voyage of the Little Mermaid and many, many more.

Saturday everywhere will be packed, but if I remember my UG reading correctly, AK is usually best park to see on Saturday. Best days in my experience for MGM are Wed-Fri.

thanks for the input. We have so many PS's planned already that I would think we'd want counter service for MGM, unless there is a great meal not to be missed!!

Also, how many hours would you spend in MGM?? Forgot to mention we have a 5 year old and 2 year old with us.

I have two little kids as well. . .and don't miss Playhouse Disney and the Bug's LIfe playground. Honestly, though - this isn't the favorite park of most kids. . .so maybe plan to hop back to EPCOT for dinner and fireworks!

I am in the same state of bliss/confusion about what day to what! :rotfl: :cool1: :Pinkbounc :confused3 :earsgirl:

I was told to avoid AK on Saturday. We are think MK on Saturday or Thursday.

Thrusday maybe DS/MGM or MK. I am so confused! What a delight! :flower:

NJDisneymom said:
Also, how many hours would you spend in MGM?? Forgot to mention we have a 5 year old and 2 year old with us.
I could spend days but for you, I'd say one day, or somewhere in the ballpark of 7 or 8 hours.

My kids always enjoy eating at Toy Story Pizza Planet. They only serve pizza and salads, but the food is good and one individual pizza would be plenty for two children to share.
Beauty and the Beast is a favorite of ours. There is a Hollywood Produce stand across from B and the B that sells fresh fruit. For some reason, the red grapes are so sweet and refreshing that my children always request the grapes in spite of ice cream stands nearby.

Personally, I would never, ever, ever set foot in the Magic Kingdom on a Saturday. Reason being, all the locals are also there on Saturdays. Complete mayhem and madness!! :crazy:

JMO, of course. :earboy2:

we're planning MGM on a Sat morn - get there at opening, ride RnR/etc, lunch at Sci Fi
will be back again Mon & Wed late afternoon/nights when we're staying at BCV
This is more time than we usually spend at MGM but we have more time on this vacation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter