MGM -leaving for lunch

danielle_lynn

Earning My Ears
We are planning on only a half day at MGM. I was wondering if we could catch a resort boat from MGM to a near-by resort & have lunch.

I would really like your opinions on which restaurants to choose!

Thanks,
Danielle::MinnieMo

i would recommend either beaches and cream at the beach club or big river grill and brewry on the boardwalk. it is an easy walk from MGM or of course there is the boat. happy eating!:tongue:

By and large we aren't impressed with any of the MGM restaurant choices, so I think you have a great idea:earsboy:

Were you thinking of a sit down lunch or something more casual?

Any thought of hopping to Epcot to one of the World Showcase countries for lunch then back to MGM?

thanks
jaysue

we would be happy with either sit down or casual.

We will be at epcot for two days, so we will have plenty of time to check out the showcase restaurants (I am looking forward to that!)

Wow! I had no idea you could walk to those places!(can ya tell I'm a newbie:tongue: )

keep those ideas a-comin'!!

thanks!
Danielle

we had a great meal at Brown Derby,,a little pricey ( we had a voucher) but the food was excellent, the service fantastic and very elegant and relaxing.

Beaches was pretty good and not far, but epcot
probably has your best selection of meal places , many more than you could do in 2 days unless you only like american food. if you really want to leave mgm, I would definitly consider it.

boardwalk has some little food stands also for I think burgers, crepes, wine ect. but I am not sure what is open for lunch as we only were around there in the evening.

I considered Brown Derby... but I don't think DD or DH would enjoy it. I really wanted a Cobb Salad!!:)

Thanks for the great ideas.

I am not opposed to eating at MGM, but I have read so many awful reviews of the restaurants there, I am a bit leary of eating onsite. Plus, I thought a afternoon boat ride would be nice:)

Danielle

You can get a boat (or walk) to the Epcot Resort area and enjoy:

Beaches and Cream -- BC
Big River Grille & Brewing Works (one of our favorites) -- BW
ESPN Club -- BW
Spoodles Pizza Window -- BW
Fresh - Dolphin
Dolphin Fountain -- Dolphin
Tubbi's Buffeteria - Dolphin
Splash Grille and Deli - Swan
Garden Grove Cafe - Swan

HAVE FUN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter