Mgm Day Or Universal

CAJUNBLAZE

Mouseketeer
I dont want this to be a bash Disney for rehabbing RNR, they have their reasons even if its only 30 days away, but I have a dd4 and ds9. We could do what he wants to day in MGM in a half a day. I planned a whole day for MGM. Should we go to Universal for a that day and hit MGM for the half day on or departure day?(would have enough time we actually have a day extra)

TIA

Are you sure you can do MGM in a half a day with summer crowds? If money is no object, then do both. Take the day and do Universal and do MGM on your half a day, the day of departure, but remember there are crowds and the lines might make your time at MGM longer than you planned.

If money is not an object go for it. I don't think both the Universal parks can be done in one day.

Universal could be a trip in itself, though. Especially if combined with Sea World and maybe their new waterpark if you are thinking of another reason to visit Orlando.

I wouldn't try to do both Universal parks in one day, but if you don't do all the rides and have an express pass it's possible. I like the rides and shows better at MGM, but I love the atmosphere at Universal Studios. Not so much at IOA though their Dr. Seuss area is really fun. Are Universal's hours similar to WDW in Sept. That might make a difference.

If your son is the adventurous type, then I vote for Universals Islands of Adventures. I think he would love it. Plus there is plenty for your younger one to do, between Suess Landing and Toon Lagoon. I say go for it.:thumbsup2

This is exactly what we will be doing. We will take the day that we were planning to go to MGM and go to IOA instead. I need my roller coaster fix! We will take a 1/2 day to do the other couple of things we want to do at MGM. I'm actually getting pretty excited about it now! It has been at least 4 years since we've been to IOA. I can't wait to ride Hulk and Dueling Dragons! Yippee!!!!

I like MGM and always allow a full day. We didn't even get to go on RNR last year because we ran out of time. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter