Mfi!

Hilary

There's always something new to learn!
We're having a spot of bother with MFI's non-existent customer service at the moment, and we're not happy bunnies. In a nutshell, we're missing half our delivery but they say it's our fault we didn't check it all off with the driver before he left, and they can't accept our claim for shortages because they have a signature agreeing it was all delivered ok.

As a result of having a 'granny annexe' built last year, we needed two new lots of bedroom furniture. All ordered with MFI after Christmas, delivery last Saturday, guy booked to fit everything last Monday. So far, so good...

Delivery arrived on Saturday, as promised, but at 7:15 a.m. :eek: We were still in bed! DH showed driver where to deposit all the bits (over 100 boxes, bags and packages) for the two bedrooms. Driver asked DH to sign 'here, here and here' and left. There was no way he was going to hang around while we counted boxes!

On Monday, our fitter arrived and started on bedroom 1 - we had two drawer bits missing and an installation manual missing, so I rang MFI who agreed to send the missing bits (haven't arrived yet, but I'm, still hopeful :rolleyes: ). They emailed the missing manual through and the first bedroom was finished :)

Then the fitter started on the other bedroom and dicovered 6 major bits missing so I rang MFI again - they said they'd have to check and get back to me. No-one did, so I rang again this evening. Their 'customer service' (and I use the term loosely :( ) would not accept our word that the items are missing and just kept saying they had DH's signature agreeing the delivery was complete.

At this point DH lost his rag and a manager is supposed to be ringing back over the weekend.

Meanwhile we have a half-built wardrobe and a lot of negative feedback for MFI to spread if they don't get back to us ...

That is ridiculous. Hope you get it sorted soon

Customer Service is not existent these days, and when you try and ring them up you get the recorded message, press option 1 or 2 etc - very annoying. :(

Hilary, I do hope they sort it out for you, keep us posted please, this is not the first time I have heard negitive things about MFI customer service. :headache:

OMG Hils, this so sadly echoes my recent experience with MFI too.

We ordered a sofa set (ie two sofas, plus a matching footstooll).

First, they kept changing the delivery dates and then delivered just one of the two sofas (which was also damaged). Sofa Workshop blamed MFI, MFI blamed Sofa Workshop. Basically I really don't care whose fault it is (they are the same company after all) I just wanted my other sofa.

I was promised it faithfully by a certain date, which came and went. I rang and rang and was never rung back, asked for a manager and was told none were available for a week :confused3 but they would ring me in due course. Of course that never happened. On each occasion I very specifically gave them my work numbers (mobile and landline) as DH works nights and I prefer to not have phone calls made to the house in the mornings as it wakes him up. On each occasion despite explaining this they called the house at 9.01am.

I have lost count of the number of phone calls I have had to make and broken promises of delivery dates and returned calls.

We waited and waited and waited and still no second sofa. It did eventually arrive about 5 months after our original order! But we are still waiting for a replacement for the three seater which we reported damaged months ago.

Oh and the footstool - that came damaged also and when we had a replacement that was also damaged. Still waiting for the third one ;) and they have never collected the first two back despite me asking many times.

Never again, in all honesty.

I hope you get it sorted soon. I am still waiting.....

Don't even speak to me about MFI customer service. We ordered a dining table, chairs and dresser from them over a year ago (in October). We were given a delivery date of November. The stuff turned up in November minus the table legs. When we phoned MFI and asked when we would receive the legs, we were told they were out of stock (What on earth, how can they have table tops but no legs :confused3). Not only that but the expected delivery date was 24th April (over 5 months later). In the end, because we had people coming for Christmas and because the table top was damaged, we asked them to come and collect the table top and deliver again with the legs in the April. When the driver turned up to collect the table top, he said there should be 2 boxes (1 for the top and 1 for the legs). I explained that we hadn't received the legs in the first place and even showed him the delivery note but he insisted we'd had them and wouldn't even leave until he got them. Eventually, I managed to get through to MFI, who told the driver we hadn't got the legs and he left.

April came and went and no table so we phoned and were told another 6 to 8 weeks. We told them we didn't want to wait any longer without a dining table so said we wanted to cancel the whole thing and told them to come and collect the dresser as it was no good without the matching table. They wouldn't because we had already assembled it!!!!

Complete madness - I would never, ever buy from them again :(

Hope you manage to get it all sorted Hilary - perseverance is the key :thumbsup2

I explained that we hadn't received the legs in the first place and even showed him the delivery note but he insisted we'd had them and wouldn't even leave until he got them. Eventually, I managed to get through to MFI, who told the driver we hadn't got the legs and he left.
:rotfl:
Sorry, I shouldn't laugh, but ...

Oh miffy and wilma-bride - I suppose there's comfort in knowing we're not alone in this, but I somehow can't see my wardrobe ever being finished. Half DH's and my clothes have been packed away in suitcases for five months already!

DH (a lawyer, so that helps ;) ) has said that if (if?!) we don't get any response from their customer service people, we'll buy replacement bits to get the wardrobe finished and then sue MFI in the small claims court for the amount lost.

I just want to be able to hang up my clothes again :guilty:

The signing for goods on delivery is a complete farce these days! Couriers and delivery drivers are on such tight schedules that they will not hang around while you count or inspect goods. :(

Well I am "supposed" to be getting a new kitchen delievered from them in March and if the driver has to stand there for 2 hours whilst I check everything he will. If they are going to be evil to customers I can be evil back at them... so how slowly do you want me to check it all just for revenge? ;)

Ji||s said:
... so how slowly do you want me to check it all just for revenge? ;)
Tempting, very tempting ;)

Given the way MFI are behaving at the moment, I don't know why I feel I should mention this, but we did have a kitchen from them a couple of months ago and had no problems whatsoever. :confused3

oh dear hilary ! not good customer service at all.i always write not inspected next to my sig in these situations and then if im pulled up on it by the delivery guy he has to wait while i ckeck it :rotfl2:

natalielongstaff said:
i always write not inspected next to my sig in these situations
Me too - I'm secretly just pleased it was DH who 'signed' this lot in, and not me!

It has occured to me though that, even if we had counted all the boxes and packages as we were supposed to, how would we know that's the number of boxes we needed to contain all the parts. They don't require you to check off the actual items at the door (you get 7? days for this), just count boxes :confused3

A manager did ring DH this morning (so full marks to MFI on that score, at least) - but he didn't get to his mobile in time to answer :rolleyes: . I guess the upside of that was that the inevitable slanging match was avoided! ;)

She left a message basically repeating what he'd been told yesterday; that they would not be sending any replacement items because he signed the delivery sheet to say we received everything.

Undaunted, we're now going to buy replacement parts so that we can get the job finished and then hound MFI for reimbursement :mad:

That is terrible - would you be better writing to the head office? I know a trading standards officer who says we should pay for everything with a credit card - so if anything goes wrong and the retailer won`t help the CC company should - just a thought.

Oh dear not good :( I always sign and write beside anything 'unchecked' these days so that at least I can confirm a delivery but that I ahve not checked it.
MFI took ages 7 years ago to deliver a hifi unit which was part of the lounge set we ordered and then when they did a vital aprt was broken so they had to resend it!
Hope you get it sorted.

Claire ;)

Might be worth contacting bbc's watchdog as well, they are well used to MFI and their poor service !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter