• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mexico! Is anyone as stoked as I am?

Just put the 10/18 sailing on hold for us! Just waiting on clearance to book from my other half. Only 515 days to go! Lol :)

I totally was going to book and have the 10/4 and 10/18 on hold BUT I think I may have convinced DH to do the EBPC!

Booked! 10/4/15 five night. Cat 7A. Thank you Tanya from small world vacations!!!! The price seems the same as yesterday, btw. $1653 with OBB/no transfers or insurance for 2 people.

I did not book the 2 night. Seems like an outrageous price for a fully booked and crowded ship. Also you sail away at 4, have one full day, and then get off the next morning. With my So Cal Select AP and DVC points I could just go to DL for 2 nights for way less and probably will. The 5 might is an awesome deal though.

Changed our OBB to the 10/4/15 five night Baja! I don't know what makes me happier....that I was able to make the change online without any glitches (while on hold on the phone, just in case), or that I got connecting Secret Porthole rooms! I'm still sort of in shock that I was able to log into my previous reservation on the first try, lol!

Now the scary wait begins for the school calendar to be released. :hourglass This school year was the first of a 2 year trial on a new sort of year round calendar in our district. I booked this cruise based on the assumption that we will have a Fall break the same week as in 2013 and 2014.

Pricing for two Cat 10A rooms with OBB discount $684 (x4 adult priced fares) + $342 for kidlet #3.

I have connecting secret portholes on the 10/18, and if I don't use them, I can release them to someone :) We can PM and coordinate (does the DCL system work like that?)

Booked the October 4, 5 Night and the October 1, 3 Night :cool1:

Will be doing the 5 Night for sure, may or may not keep the 3 Night.

Can wait to go back to Cabo!

Just finished booking for our group of 7. Cat. 9B rm 2568 we could not be more excited! October 4th, 2015 is 500 days away.

We're booked on both the Oct 4 and Oct 11. We will be canceling one as soon as our school district release the schedule. Kind of made a bigger dent in the pocketbook paying for 2 deposits than I like, but I didn't want to wait. Not sure if I'm happy with the room we have, but I can deal with that later. This morning was too crazy and hectic to think straight while booking and I just wanted to get it done. I haven't seen many prices move up in category so far, so that may be a good thing for us.

It's a Disney Day, y'all!!! We're on the 10/4! I don't like the cabin Disney gave me.. 8084. I couldn't get through on Costco and never heard back from my emails to Tanya, so I booked on Disney and will change it over to either Costco or Tanya at Small World later and hopefully change to a forward room.
Beth

I'm thinking about adding on the 10/1 three night if they give them the Friday before the break off.

^^^ Not positive about whale watching but I think so. I've been to Cabo a bunch so I doubt we'll do an excursion, just navigate on our own. I haven't been to Ensenada in over 20 years. I'm surprised they can handle a cruise ship. From what I recall, it's a smaller town. Great fun!

For those of you who have been to Cabo previously... what are some good family excursions with small children? Our Dd will be 2 and Ds 5 when we sail. We had another cruise booked (it was canceled so we didn't end up going) that stopped in Ensenada, I didn't see any excursions there that looked interesting. I'm hoping since it's Disney, there will be something fun for families in both ports! Just thinking of a beach break, simple and easy with little kids!
Beth

^^^ Not positive about whale watching but I think so. I've been to Cabo a bunch so I doubt we'll do an excursion, just navigate on our own. I haven't been to Ensenada in over 20 years. I'm surprised they can handle a cruise ship. From what I recall, it's a smaller town. Great fun!

I've been to Ensenada twice, will be a ship day for us lol
Never been to Cabo. Hoping for whale watching, but open to options.

we are on the Oct 4th one as well :cool1:

and just like Ariel we are banking on our school district to keep the fall break trend the way it has been for 2013 and 2014 and not do anything weird!! They wont even vote on the 2015 calendar until some time this summer.:rolleyes1

Is 500 days out too soon for there to be a cruise meet thread?? LOL

I've been to Ensenada twice, it will be a ship day for us lol Never been to Cabo, so whale watching would be nice, but open to options.

ETA: no idea why this posted twice lol

We went to Medano beach when we went to Cabo on the 2012 Mexican Riviera. The kids loved playing on the beach and you can see the ship from the beach as well so we got some cute beach pictures with the ship in the background. I'm hopeful Disney will have an excursion to Medano beach again. Otherwise, you can just take a water taxi (there are a lot of them right on the pier) and have them drop you off at a nice spot on the beach. The beach is right there so it would be a super short boat ride.

I've been to Ensenada twice, it will be a ship day for us lol Never been to Cabo, so whale watching would be nice, but open to options.

ETA: no idea why this posted twice lol

All I remember about Ensenada is Papas and Beer. party: :blush:

In Cabo, I think we'll go to Medano Beach. It's swimmable, the Pacific side is not. It's very rough. Also there's this great, or was a few years ago, restaurant called Desperados, that made the best guacamole table side I've ever had. Rainbow Bar in front of Cabo Wabo is a blast but we'll have our kids too.

Water taxi to Lover's Beach is always popular.

San Jose del Cabo has a wonderful local market area with places to eat. Heaven. :lovestruc

There's a fun America's Cup sailboat race we did a few years ago.

Cabo is really a great town. We stay away from the pier for purchases and food; it's SO $$ and you can find much better food and deals just a few blocks in town.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter