Mexican Riviera July 20, 08...Hola Amigos

Here is the final "FE" list, and everyones info and the days you will give out your gifts. I will have handouts at the meet. If your stateroom changes PLEASE! let us know. Check this information and let me know of any corrections.

Monday 21

pumpkinbaby 8030 mom, dad, son (11), daughter (7)
Kveens 1045/1047 mom, dad, twins - son, daughter (9.5)
Dancing Mickey's 6319/6321 mom, dad, son (14), son (7), daughter (18 months) Wedding Anniversary on the 26th

Tuesday 22

Bess92 8018 mom, dad, daughter (7)
squirrelgirl 2622 mom, dad, daughter (11) B-day on the 20th, son (8)
Mickeys#1Fan4ever 2012 mom, dad, son (16), son (13)

Wednesday 23

eeyorelvr10 2075/2077 mom, dad, son (23),daughter (21) B-day on the 20th, daughter (17)
BrandyC 2584 mom, Fiancée, daughter (16)
LVDisneyFan(atic) 6092 mom, dad B-day on the 25th, daughter (13)

Thursday 24

vrntnns 5140 wife, husband 25th Wedding Anniversary on the 23rd
Frye7127 2504 mom, dad, daughter (17), son (8) B-day on 25th
Kathyinca 7124 mom, dad, son (3)

Friday 25

Dlandfan 7563 mom, son (8)
Dustbunny 7566 mom, dad, daughter (9)
Eeyoreso 5006/5007 mom, dad, son (5), friend, 2 grandmothers
AttiliaTheHun 7567 mom, son (11), friend

The words in red belong to the scree names.

Just had to say Happy Anniversary....and My husband and I are celebrating our anniversary (14 years and 4 children later-)on the same day on the same cruise as you!! -- We have 2 girls & 2 boys, I believe that you do, too...but our girls are the older ones)....

ps. We were also on the 2005 Mexican cruise.

Congratulations again on 25 years!!
WELCOME to our little group of Disney Nuts:rotfl2:

Thank you, and Congrats too ya'll also for 14 years

Hey Guys and :welcome: Dianne !

Just a few more days to go till we Sail Away :cool1:
I finally have my cruise documents. I did the Online Check in today (it must be completed by Friday and don't forget to print it out) I have some stuff packed but it still looks like a clothes bomb went off in my bedroom. I have the FE gifts ready to go but I need to get movin' on the door magnets. I'm already on vacation mode at work as all I can think about is our vacation and I'm not even going to stress if my relief screws up any of my accounts. I'll deal with all that when I get back. I just took a Bonine tablet and it kind of tastes like Tums to me. I'm one of those people that is allergic to aspirin and certain medication so I figured I would try one and hope that nothing bad happens to me. I'm knocking on wood as I will look like the elephant man if I get facial swelling :eek: . Darn allergic reactions :mad:

I know that alot of us here are from California but on a few threads I've read that the vibe on these Mexican Riviera cruises are quite different from the cruises out of Florida due to the fact that there are many Californians on board. Are we being called unsocial :snooty: snobs :rolleyes: ? I hope not. :sad1:

Bye for now.

Here is the final "FE" list, and everyones info and the days you will give out your gifts. I will have handouts at the meet. If your stateroom changes PLEASE! let us know. Check this information and let me know of any corrections.

Monday 21

pumpkinbaby 8030 mom, dad, son (11), daughter (7)
Kveens 1045/1047 mom, dad, twins - son, daughter (9.5)
Dancing Mickey's 6319/6321 mom, dad, son (14), son (7), daughter (18 months) Wedding Anniversary on the 26th

Tuesday 22

Bess92 8018 mom, dad, daughter (7)
squirrelgirl 2622 mom, dad, daughter (11) B-day on the 20th, son (8)
Mickeys#1Fan4ever 2012 mom, dad, son (16), son (13)

Wednesday 23

eeyorelvr10 2075/2077 mom, dad, son (23),daughter (21) B-day on the 20th, daughter (17)
BrandyC 2584 mom, Fiancée, daughter (16)
LVDisneyFan(atic) 6092 mom, dad B-day on the 25th, daughter (13)

Thursday 24

vrntnns 5140 wife, husband 25th Wedding Anniversary on the 23rd
Frye7127 2504 mom, dad, daughter (17), son (8) B-day on 25th
Kathyinca 7124 mom, dad, son (3)

Friday 25

Dlandfan 7563 mom, son (8)
Dustbunny 7566 mom, dad, daughter (9)
Eeyoreso 5006/5007 mom, dad, son (5), friend, 2 grandmothers
AttiliaTheHun 7567 mom, son (11), friend

The words in red belong to the scree names.
Vern thanks for the list I just printed it out.

Any word on Laura ? I miss her super fun filled posts.
Lauraaaaaaaaa where are you ?

I know that alot of us here are from California but on a few threads I've read that the vibe on these Mexican Riviera cruises are quite different from the cruises out of Florida due to the fact that there are many Californians on board. Are we being called unsocial :snooty: snobs :rolleyes: ? I hope not. :sad1:

Bye for now.

I read that too! But all you fun Californians on this thread are going prove them wrong, right? :cheer2: party:

Any word on Laura ? I miss her super fun filled posts.
Lauraaaaaaaaa where are you ?

Ditto!

Rooms and # of people by Decks
Deck 1 1045(2), 1047(2)
Deck 2 2012(4), 2075(3), 2077(3), 2504(4), 2584(3), 2622(4)
Deck 5 5006(3), 5007(3), 5140(2)
Deck 6 6092(3), 6319(3), 6321(2)
Deck 7 7124(3), 7563(2), 7566(3), 7567(3)
Deck 8 8018(3), 8030(4)

Okay, I stared sewing the FE and it looks so small. Can someone tell me how wide theirs is? How big are your pockets? I am just wondering if the sizes I got from the link are wrong :confused3 or are my gifts too big?:hug:.

UGHHH...at least the suitcases are getting packed--12 loads of laundry, 11 more gift a making, 10 errans for Monday, 9 meals I making, 8 hours of sleeping, 7 days on the Magic, 6 floor were staying, FIVE CRUISIN" CHRISTENSENS--4 more days to pack, 3 days at sea, 2 staterooms, and 1 dog left at home with grandma!

I am so tired so I will sign off now.:faint: Thanks for all your help!

:rolleyes1 VERY CLEVER:rolleyes1 Karma, I wished I'd of thought of it.... of course I don't do laundry:lmao:

Thanks, Vern and Karen, for organizing the FE exchange. :cheer2: This is one of the elements of the trip I am looking forward to the most! Spreading pixie dust to my fellow DISers will be so much fun!:wizard:

We are leaving Friday morning to drive down to San Pedro from Portland. Attila, we will be joining you at the Holiday Inn Saturday night. Maybe we will shuttle to the port together? We will be the crazy family :eek: in matching dark blue Disney tropical outfits on Sunday. The Disney Store had an offer I couldn't refuse! I promised the family if they wore the outfits for our boarding photo, they could put their swim suits on immediately after, as they are a bit embarrassed that Mom is going to make them wear matching outfits.

Wishing you all Safe Tavels to the Port, whether you are coming from near or far. See all my new DIS friends on Sunday!:hug:

Kerri

"as they are a bit embarrassed that Mom is going to make them wear matching outfits."

Kerri ~

I am glad to know that I don't have the only children that is giving mom "lip" about dressing alike to board! Our first cruise they were young enough and went with my dressing them alike.....every dinner and matchinng 4th of July Bathing suits....our 2nd cruise they began to voice their opinion, but agreed to some of the dinners......now, 3 years later and being 16 and 13.....well, you get the picture!!! I promised boarding is the only time....I have a feeling I'll win out.....dad tries explaining that "if momma ain't happy....nobody will be happy!":lmao:

We will be leaving the Sacramento area early Saturday to drive down. We are staying in the Doubletree...I think I am getting in the "I'm too excited to Sleep" mode!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

Excited to meet everyone......

Hi everyone...wanted to wish you a fun trip and dont forget some dramamine...weather is showing some ran and scattered Thunderstorms. Not that you will get any but Best to be prepared. Plastic rain coats from WalMart work great and they are like $3.00 each...they are like the Mickey ones at Disney...you know the Pancho ones.

Don't worry about the Californians....we are nice I promise. I am from NJ originally and when living in L.A found that there were many there that were not so nice but they were from elsewhere and not your original Ca.

Remember that like 89% of the cruisers on the DC are repeat cruisers so you will have the same cruisers as usual. You may notice more Ca. because the ship is here but many Ca. have been to Mexico so many times that they dont want the Mexican cruise or did it in 2005.....I love love love Mexico and Mexican food and did not do it in 2005....did the PC instead.

I will be leaving for DL on Sunday Morning as you are getting ready to board...I will be thinking of you all and cant wait to here your trip report:dance3: DCL ROCKS!!!!!!!!

Ok, This is it. The bage are 90 percent packed. Will run out for a couple last minute items, Hope to be all packed so I can sneak out to hopefully see
Mama Mia at the movies to finish off the day. I will be the one humming ABBA songs while waiting at the port Sunday.:rotfl:

See you all soon!

Nora, Laurine & Attila:banana:

Late notice but does anyone know if there is a corkage fee for wine brought into the restaruants, thanks and have a great time!!

Hope your Cruise Rocked!!!!! Welcome home :thumbsup2

I am typing this at 12 pm Sat. on the 19th. As you are all sleeping or trying to before setting sail in the morning. We will be heading out in the morning for DL than as you are getting off the ship I will be getting on.

I will check back in on sunday the 27th to see how your trip was and to give you am update on mine. so till than :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Good Morning, Not sure if any one has access to a computer?
But, once again, or meet is on deck 10 above the Goofy pool right after the life vest drill. Karen & I well be wearing NEON Green shirts so that you can find us. At boarding we will be wearing dark blue tropical Mickey shirts over our T-shirts. If you see us come over and introduce your selfs. C'ya real soon!:dance3: :banana: :banana: :banana: Vern

[quote="Got Disney";26354438]Hope your Cruise Rocked!!!!! Welcome home :thumbsup2

I am typing this at 12 pm Sat. on the 19th. As you are all sleeping or trying to before setting sail in the morning. We will be heading out in the morning for DL than as you are getting off the ship I will be getting on.

I will check back in on sunday the 27th to see how your trip was and to give you am update on mine. so till than :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:[/quote]

I wanted to bump this and hope your cruise ROCKED!...but not by waves....

I am on my way by the time you all read this. I am typing this from Concierge at the GCH at DL where we have been for the week. I am all checked in and ready to Rock and Roll. We have #2 boarding. Even though we are not taking the Disney bus and are driving our car we were able to do all of our check in stuff here so all we have to do is walk on:thumbsup2

DL was great this week and the lines were not to bad and the weather was perfect. I cant wait to read your trip reports. Hope you have lots of pictures to post so I can see who you all are since I could not be on there with you like originally planned,

Have a great day and check back next week when we get back.

Just a quick message to say Welcome Home! It was an absolute pleasure meeting you all! Vern & Karen - Thank you so much for all of your time and all the wonderful things you planned for us! Karen - My dd was so sad when she lost her nametag - that you made her a new one AND sent her a birthday sticker made her so happy!!! Thank you for such kindness and generosity!

Three things stand out the most for us 1 - Meeting such wonderful people! It was so nice to meet and then run into friendly faces on the ship. If it was a quick smile or a nice conversation while standing in line, it all just made for such a warm and extra special trip. 2 - Having our dd chat with the wonderful dd's of other DIS members here. My dd had the best time (at least she joined us for dinner :laughing: ), and the families we met through this exchange were wonderful!!!:lovestruc Again, thank you for Kveens, Barefoot Cali Girl and LVDISfan(atic)...thank you for sharing your time with us. You made this trip extra special! and also 3- The F.E. group - WOW! I needed a whole new bag to bring home our treasures! And we do treasure everything -we loved how each family brought something that either made the cruise extra special or something unique to their hometown...so much fun!

We just feel so lucky to have met such wonderful people and I wanted to let you all know. I got home a little after 9AM today, being an hour away from port. Today has been filled with laundry, grocery shopping, catching up on stuff, dealing with a small ant invasion in my kitchen while we were gone, etc. And while talking with family they ask all the typical questions - how was it, did you have fun, on and on. One person asked me about the weather...and I completely forgot that it was perfect! But when they asked me about the people on board and did we meet nice families - that I could go on & on discussing (more so than the weather!) Again, thank you all - this was a most memorable trip and more so because of you all!

squirrelgirl :hug:

Just a quick message to say Welcome Home! It was an absolute pleasure meeting you all! Vern & Karen - Thank you so much for all of your time and all the wonderful things you planned for us! Karen - My dd was so sad when she lost her nametag - that you made her a new one AND sent her a birthday sticker made her so happy!!! Thank you for such kindness and generosity!

Three things stand out the most for us 1 - Meeting such wonderful people! It was so nice to meet and then run into friendly faces on the ship. If it was a quick smile or a nice conversation while standing in line, it all just made for such a warm and extra special trip. 2 - Having our dd chat with the wonderful dd's of other DIS members here. My dd had the best time (at least she joined us for dinner :laughing: ), and the families we met through this exchange were wonderful!!!:lovestruc Again, thank you for Kveens, Barefoot Cali Girl and LVDISfan(atic)...thank you for sharing your time with us. You made this trip extra special! and also 3- The F.E. group - WOW! I needed a whole new bag to bring home our treasures! And we do treasure everything -we loved how each family brought something that either made the cruise extra special or something unique to their hometown...so much fun!

We just feel so lucky to have met such wonderful people and I wanted to let you all know. I got home a little after 9AM today, being an hour away from port. Today has been filled with laundry, grocery shopping, catching up on stuff, dealing with a small ant invasion in my kitchen while we were gone, etc. And while talking with family they ask all the typical questions - how was it, did you have fun, on and on. One person asked me about the weather...and I completely forgot that it was perfect! But when they asked me about the people on board and did we meet nice families - that I could go on & on discussing (more so than the weather!) Again, thank you all - this was a most memorable trip and more so because of you all!

squirrelgirl :hug:

Can I just ditto this? Vern, Karen and I ended up getting off the ship about 10:30. We got home about 11:20. We ended up vegging out and not doing much. I am going to take total advantage as we could not pick up our fur kids which is actually really nice. I hope that doesn't sound mean but the first couple hours they ignore me and when I finally sit down to relax, boom - they are on me like peanut butter and jelly.

Hello everyone......just wanted to say thanks to all of you. It was really nice to feel like we knew some folks on the ship when we arrived there...and fun to talk with several of you during the week.

Vern and Karen, I'm still astounded by how much work you both did to make this so special for everyone. Thanks for all of your organization and everything you did. I think the best thing about traveling with DCL for us was the people we encountered.....you made our cruise such a nice time.

We are at Disneyland for the next few days and then fly back to Tokyo. It is going to be culture shock all over again when we arrive in Japan I think. It feels like we've been gone for an eternity. We're all a little bit under the weather right now. My husband caught a cold during the cruise......and now my son and I have the same thing going on. Oh well....it is vacation and a being a little run down at Disneyland is still better than being at work, right? Hopefully none of you came down with the same thing. One of our servers in the dining room was sick for a little bit while we were on board with what seems to be the same thing.

We were in the California Adventure park today. I'm not sure where everyone else was......but it seemed empty to me (it was my first visit.....so i don't know what it is usually like). The weather was great as well. Let's hope we can say the same about Disneyland tomorrow.

We have bags of FE gifts.....here I thought that after we left ours that we'd have all this extra room in our bags. Well, that did not happen! I'm still using several of the little gifts here in our hotel room this week. So, thanks everyone! My son is having a great time with the little glow lights and the tatoos......not to mention all that candy.

Hope everyone got home safely. Keep in touch!

Kathy

I also want to just say how much we loved meeting everyone and how fun it was opening our door everyday to see our fish extender gifts. Thank you to everyone!!! And Vern and Karen......thank you just doesn't seem enough to say. You went above and beyond in making this a very special and fun cruise. I love the picture and will cherish it forever!!!

Kathyinca....I too left with that yucky little cold!!! Our drive home was about 6 hours and the closer we got to home the worse I started feeling.

Now back to the real world today....work, the never ending laundry....and this morning while making my bed I thought I should have packed Derrick in my suitcase. I already miss the pampering!!

As Mickey so nicely puts it....."Til we Meet again!!"
Patsy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter