Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works! 6/7 PTR Link!

At the time you wrote this I was still trying to wake Fran up and get her out of bed. :lmao: We are finally on the road, and now on I-15.

I wouldn't have sat there either! Did you do any spa treatments? The chocolate one is right up my alley! I can't wait to check out the Navigators from a large screen, too hard to read on my phone.

I love your pictures! You took some that I've never seen before on anyone elses TRs. That DH, I hope you were able to get into the spa for yourself even if he wouldn't 'waste' the time.

Loving your TR!

We actually did do a treatment....TOGETHER! That's in a few days :thumbsup2

Pam - Glad you like the pictures. I took so many of them. We haven't even got to dinner yet on our first day! :rolleyes1

Oh my gosh it looks like you guys are off to such a great start!! I LOVE the shirts you had made :goodvibes

You have me so excited to go on a cruise now :cool1:

Shannon you're going to LOVE cruising. It's so ridiculously addicting...:sad2:

***Just a reminder: for those wanting to skip over the chit-chat in between, I am updating the second post of this TR with the links, so you can get right to the good stuff :thumbsup2***

I left us off at Diversions, making our way to the stateroom..

Our stateroom number was 2598 and it was very difficult remembering the number. I’m a bit dyslexic and I would always say 2958. It just sounded better in my head for some reason and could never get it right the entire trip.

Walking into our room:

DSC00091.jpg

Much different from the Dream. Don't need your KTTW to get the lights on:

DSC00092.jpg

Split bathroom. DH was in the toilet part so didn't get a picture of that.

DSC00093.jpg

The room:

DSC00094.jpg

Living space:

DSC00095.jpg

Still more luggage that needs to get on! Ours is definitely at the bottom since we were there super early.

DSC00096.jpg

DSC00097.jpg

Desk and where I had to do my hair every morning. Which reminds me, if you have thick hair, BRING YOUR OWN HAIRDRYER! Oh my goodness, the dryers stink on the Wonder. It took me a long time to realize where it was, but it's a big box looking thing in the toilet bathroom, and it looks like a vacuum extension. It's horrible. Also, the only things you can plug into the bathrooms are shavers. I had to use my curling iron/flat iron and hairdryer at the desk every time.

DSC00098.jpg

I went in search of a picture to show you what I'm talking about:

disneywonderdryer.jpg

:eek:

Opposite view of stateroom:

DSC00099.jpg

The fridge. It looks small but we were able to stick one bottle of wine, a liter of Ginger ale, a container of Cranberry juice, a water bottle, and a few cans of Dr. Pepper.

DSC00100.jpg

Then it was time for our meet! I met quite a few members and it was great being able to see faces.

DSC00101.jpg

DSC00102.jpg

We stayed for a while before heading back to our stateroom to unpack a bit. The drill took place at 4 and the large letter on your KTTW (ours was M) tells you where you’re meeting. It went by rather quickly and we decided to head up to the top deck.

DSC00103.jpg

DSC00104.jpg

Crystal was doing their drill:

DSC00105.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

DSC00108.jpg

DSC00109.jpg

The basketball court and ping pong tables

DSC00110.jpg

CM pool area:

DSC00111.jpg

DSC00113.jpg

After hanging out for a bit, it started to get really cold, so we headed back inside to see if our luggage was there yet.

It was 4:58 and no luggage yet.

But I had my magnets in my carryon with me, so I put those up to pass the time. And as you can see, I did put some magnets on the inside of the door to begin with. I've read stories about people stealing magnets so I kept some on the magnets on the inside for the first night or two and moved them to the outside. Just in case someone did steal, I would have back ups.

IMG_3522.jpg

IMG_3524.jpg

IMG_3525.jpg

IMG_3526.jpg

Right when I closed the door, there was a knock on the door and all of our luggage had been brought!

And because we had changed rooms, they attached our Castaway Club gift to our luggage.

DSC00114.jpg

Here are some of the papers we had in our room:

The Wonder Map:

WonderMap.jpg

The Movie Guide:

MovieGuide1.jpg

MovieGuide2.jpg

I’m not sure if Dream did this, but there was 4 channels playing Disney movies. One was for classic Disney films (snow white), the second was for newer Disney films (Princess and the Frog), the third was all Pixar films (Walle, Up!) and the 4th was Disney channel movies (don’t know any names sorry). From the Dream, I remember going through a guide and choosing a movie that you wanted to watch. Also, lots of newer movies were being shown on our tv like Captain America and the Green Lantern which we’ve wanted to watch and we finally got to.

Onboard Shopping Guide

Onboardshopping1.jpg

Onboardshopping2.jpg

Voyage Navigator Breakdown

VoyageNav1.jpg

VoyageNav2.jpg

We freshened up a bit before making our way to the Walt Disney Theater to see “All Aboard! Let The Magic Begin!” that started at 6:15. Tonight it featured the comedy and magic of Adam Trent. As we were leaving our stateroom, we ran into our Stateroom Host, Ederson, who was amazing. He asked if there was anything we needed for the room. I asked him, only one time, if he wouldn’t mind getting us some ice. TWICE A DAY, he would bring us fresh ice. He was absolutely amazing. :love:

We made our way to the Walt Disney Theater (have pics later) and stayed for about 20 minutes. It was mostly Christiian, our Activities Director, talking about all that happens on the ship. We saw a bit of Adam Trent’s performance, but I wanted to leave early to unpack a bit more and get ready for dinner, since we weren’t dressed. I’m glad we left early because we would see him later on.

Back to the stateroom we went to get dressed for dinner, which would be at Animator’s Palate tonight. I should probably mention that we had the Second Seating rotation (8:15pm) and the first Show seating (6:15pm).

I'm really enjoying all your photos & descriptions Lesha! It's fun to see what is similar and different to the Dream :cloud9:

Btw - how did you join the Castaway Cay Club.. does Disney send you something when you've paid in full for your second cruise to say you're in the club? :confused3 we should be in the CCC as 2013 will be our second cruise.. I'm a little unsure if it'll work though as my surname has changed since I booked our first one lol :cutie:

Love all your magnets btw! I will definitely do that again, made it much easier to find our stateroom each day.

Emma princess: x

Thanks for giving us so much detail! I really like looking at all the schedules and stuff. I can't wait to go on a trip on a Disney Cruise again! I love it that there are so many movies you can watch, and just stuff to do on the ship itself.

I thought of you guys on the day you left, it was pretty wicked cold for us So Cal wimps and then it rained the next two days, I was envisioning the boat in some pretty rough waters. I hope the next few updates are happy ones!

I have been meaning to reply to your updates. I love the pictures. Brings me back to when I was on the Wonder last summer. I love your magnets. They came out really cute. I was so afraid of people stealing our magnets as well but they didn't.

I'm really enjoying your trip report! The pictures are great and I really love the descriptions and comments with them. Looking forward to reading more!:thumbsup2

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't updated today. I got sick on Tuesday and stayed home from work today to get fully better. I didn't wake up until 10:30am this morning :eek:. But i'm feeling way better now. I've been baking pretty much all day and will continue to do so through tomorrow. I'm hoping either late tonight or tomorrow morning i'll have another update. :)

Hope you are feeling better today. I am totally loving your TR. I can not wait for DH to get up so I can show him the pics of your cabin. I have to say you are doing a super job with this TR, especially for those of us(Me) who have never cruised before

Have a Safe and Very Merry Christmas! :santa:

Oh my gosh I'm loving your report so far. But you are making me want to go on a cruise soooooo badly. I would love to take one out of NJ or NY this summer but they're just so expensive. Oh well... at least I can live through you in the meantime! :goodvibes

I am SO glad you mentioned the hairdryer thing..first off I never would have thought that was a hairdryer :rotfl: second I have thick hair that already takes a while to dry...so I have taken note :thumbsup2

I LOVE those magnets!!! How did you make those? That are too cute!!

Loving the trip report so far!! Great detail!! Great pics! We head out on March 25th and I'm getting so excited! Looking forward to your net update!!
Where did you find the Mickey Sombrero magnet?!!!?? I gotta have one of those!!
Merry Christmas & hope to see another update soon!!
Paige

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Wonder MR Cruise. My family will be on the Jan.2012 MR. Reading your report and looking at your wonderful pictures give valuable information on how I can enjoy and maximize our time when we go onboard. Looking forward on your next update.
Cheers!!!

J

Merry Christmas!!! Hope you are enjoying a wonderful day with your family!

Hi! Merry Christmas, hope you are feeling better! Hope that "sickness" was due to a certain *souvenir* from your cruise! ;)

I finally caught up with all your posts...beautiful pics as always, looks like a great cruise! Can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Sounds like you got the souvenir you were looking for!

:lmao: I wish!

Hope you are feeling better today. I am totally loving your TR. I can not wait for DH to get up so I can show him the pics of your cabin. I have to say you are doing a super job with this TR, especially for those of us(Me) who have never cruised before

Thanks for the kind words! I'm going to bust out another update right now :)

Have a Safe and Very Merry Christmas! :santa:

Thank you!

Oh my gosh I'm loving your report so far. But you are making me want to go on a cruise soooooo badly. I would love to take one out of NJ or NY this summer but they're just so expensive. Oh well... at least I can live through you in the meantime! :goodvibes

Heather you HAVE to take a cruise sometime! You'll love it!

I am SO glad you mentioned the hairdryer thing..first off I never would have thought that was a hairdryer :rotfl: second I have thick hair that already takes a while to dry...so I have taken note :thumbsup2

I LOVE those magnets!!! How did you make those? That are too cute!!

Right before the cruise, I was looking to see if hairdryers were available or if I had brought my own on the Dream. I read that there were hairdryers but they weren't very good, so I decided to bring it last minute. THANK GOODNESS I did! It would have taken me hours to dry!

There is a magnet thread here on the Cruise boards and I went to a lot of DISigners threads to look at what they had to offer. I printed them out on cardstock, then 'laminated' them by using contact paper. I then bought magnet strips and magnet rounds and super glued them to the back. Super easy! There are also magnet papers you can buy on amazon that Gina showed me on here, which would be a lot less work.

Loving the trip report so far!! Great detail!! Great pics! We head out on March 25th and I'm getting so excited! Looking forward to your net update!!
Where did you find the Mickey Sombrero magnet?!!!?? I gotta have one of those!!
Merry Christmas & hope to see another update soon!!
Paige

Awesome! You're going to have an amazing time! I got the Mickey Sombrero on the Cruise boards. I'll go back and find that link for you and post it on my next update :thumbsup2

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Wonder MR Cruise. My family will be on the Jan.2012 MR. Reading your report and looking at your wonderful pictures give valuable information on how I can enjoy and maximize our time when we go onboard. Looking forward on your next update.
Cheers!!!

J

Hi! You're trip is so close! If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask!

Merry Christmas!!! Hope you are enjoying a wonderful day with your family!

Hi Alison! I had a GREAT day with my family, even though I was sick.

Merry Christmas!!! I hope you're feeling better :)

Merry late Christmas Pam!

Hi! Merry Christmas, hope you are feeling better! Hope that "sickness" was due to a certain *souvenir* from your cruise! ;)

I finally caught up with all your posts...beautiful pics as always, looks like a great cruise! Can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Ugh, I wish it was from a souvenir. It's the blasted flu that I can't shake. More updates to come!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter