• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mexican Riviera Cruise!!! Best trip ever :)

lulubella1609

Mouseketeer
We just returned back from our cruise and it was amazing! This was my second Disney cruise and the first as a mommy. My Daughter who is three made friends with one of the cruise staff on pirate night. He was so very kind to her. She is still talking about him and asking when she will see her best friend again. Disney sure knows how to do it right! My husband who was not a huge Disney fan even after spending 10 days at DW, is now a fan and we have booked our next cruise on the same boat in about 7 months!

We just returned back from our cruise and it was amazing! This was my second Disney cruise and the first as a mommy. My Daughter who is three made friends with one of the cruise staff on pirate night. He was so very kind to her. She is still talking about him and asking when she will see her best friend again. Disney sure knows how to do it right! My husband who was not a huge Disney fan even after spending 10 days at DW, is now a fan and we have booked our next cruise on the same boat in about 7 months!

We must've been on the same cruise! I have to agree, we had the most fantastic vacation EVER and it completely sold my hubby on another, LOL. What did you rebook? We rebooked 7 months out as well, the 9/16 Pacific Coast.

We were on the same cruise and I was really happy with the ports. For those who may be hesitant about booking an MR cruise (not that I guess there are many left) we felt totally safe.

We did the ziplining in PV with Canopy Adventures. It was my first time ziplining and it was so much fun. The staff here are really great!

Cabo feels so secluded and much like any island in the Caribbean. We didn't get to swim because of the temperature but I bet it is really great on a warm day.

Sounds exciting!!:goodvibes

This makes me even MORE excited about our cruise on Sunday!!

Are there any activities or excursions that you recommend or anything that we shouldn't miss out on??

Thanks for the added excitement!! :)

Awesome to here! I'm glad you had great trips. We can't wait to board the Wonder 5 days!

My Mom did the Whale Watching excursion in Cabo and she said it was the best tour she has ever taken. Totally made her trip!

We followed the advice on the boards and negotiated a tour of the Arches with a glass bottom boat company waiting at the pier ($20 for 3 of us for the tour, drop-off to whatever beach, and pick-up at designated time). Very cool! The driver dropped bread in the water and we got to see fish.

Are there any activities or excursions that you recommend or anything that we shouldn't miss out on??

My son did Dolphin Kids in Cabo and it was fantastic! The staff are wonderful, they provide wetsuits, are very attentive to the kids and the dolphins really seem happy and are so gentle with the kiddos. I would recommend it 110%

Hub and my son did the 4x4 mini jeep adventure and had an amazing time. They said the tour operators were extremely professional and helpful and the adventure was one of the highlights of their trip. They came back dusty and dirty and super excited about what a great time they had, LOL.

If you drink, be sure to catch the pre-dinner 2 for 1 specials in Diversions. On some days it was even the drink of the day which made it like 2 drinks for $5! We had to try the daily drink each day of course, so this was a regular stop.

Pub skit on the last night was hilarious, but a little adult (just a warning in case you offend easily), so stinking funny, I wouldn't miss it.

I just got off this cruise on 2/12.It was amazing! When we were in Cabo, it was 80 degrees plus.My kids swam in the ocean.

Rent a boat driver and have them take you to lovers beach.Our driver pulled right up to sea lions resting on the rocks.So awesome!!!

Also when you get off in Puerto Vallarta there are some good animal photo ops.Macaws and a sea lion!!! Have some cash for that.

Our servers were Chakkapong and Bastein and they were the greatest!!!!!!!

Loved this cruise.I am watching for kids sail free to rebook any cruise.

It was awesome. We did not get off th ship in Cabo but did the paradise resort in Purto Vallarta it was a lot of fun! My daughter is still a little sad and missing her friend :(

We must've been on the same cruise! I have to agree, we had the most fantastic vacation EVER and it completely sold my hubby on another, LOL. What did you rebook? We rebooked 7 months out as well, the 9/16 Pacific Coast.

We are doing Alaska on August 27! we were going to go on the magic to Canada but fell in love with this crew.

Glad to hear you guys had a great time! The Mexican Rivera was also our first Disney cruise. We sailed 2/27/11 and re-booked on board too. Having sailed Celebrity in the past, my husband didn't think he would like Disney as much and by the end of the first night he was hooked. Now I don't think I can get him to go on another cruise line. We are sailing again in April for the Hawaii cruise. I really hope Disney decides to stay in LA and continue Mexican Rivera cruises in the future. I would love to go again in 2013 or 2014.

This is exactly why we keep going back to DCL. They have never disappointed us. We have done a three, four, seven: eastern, and 15 night Wonder PC cruise. We signed up for a seven night western cruise while on the PC cruise.

Glad to hear you had a "Wonder"ful cruise. And as another poster wrote, we also never felt unsafe while walking the streets of the ports in Mexico.

Hi Kencad MOM... I took the same MR cruise in Jan.. We had a BLAST!!! In PV we did a whole city tour.. We did not book thru Disney bc it was WAAAY to EXPENSIVE.. When you get off the ship there is a little shopping area and a TON of tour guides out trying to get your business. There were 11 of us and we did a van tour which took us around the city, dropped us off and waited while we did shopping in town, took us up into the rain forest where the ziplines are located, took us to the Tequila brewery to take that tour, took us to the beach and waited for us while kids played in the water and we sat on the beach and had food and drinks.. The best part of the tour was the Tequila brewery! You CAN'T miss out on that! Awesome Tequila and absolutely fun!! For all 11 of us we only paid $100 for the whole tour... Can't beat that price..

In Cabo we did the same thing... Got off the ship and grabbed a tour guide out there and worked out our own deal. Got the glass bottom boat tour, which took us to see the fish, seals, rock formations, took us to Lovers beach were we chilled for about 2 hours, picked us up and took us & dropped us where we could do some shopping then picked us up and dropd us off on the main beach with all the cantinas.. For our group that cost $70.. While on the main beach we rented a jet ski for 1 hour for $60..
My suggestion is, if you feel comfortable, don't book your basic excusions thru Disney. I absolutely LOVE Disney but they are just TOO EXPENSIVE when it comes to that.. Get off the ship and do what we did... DON'T be afraid to negotiate... They will offer you a high price but you can DEFINITELY bring that price down.. Stick to the tourist areas.. And take a LOT of $1 bills... EVERYONE wants a tip so be careful.. If you can carry your own bags then carry them, bc if you hand your bag (or your child lol) to anyone while your getting off a tour boat or van they WILL want a tip! Hope these tips help...
I hope you and your family have a GREAT time!!! :)

My son did Dolphin Kids in Cabo and it was fantastic! The staff are wonderful, they provide wetsuits, are very attentive to the kids and the dolphins really seem happy and are so gentle with the kiddos. I would recommend it 110%

I have Dolphin Kids booked my my 3 as well. How old are your kids? I'm a little worried about dd who is 4. I'm hoping she doesn't get spooked, especially since I won't be sitting right next to her. Will she be able to see me from where she sits? Were you able to take pics?

Hi Kencad MOM... I took the same MR cruise in Jan.. We had a BLAST!!! In PV we did a whole city tour.. We did not book thru Disney bc it was WAAAY to EXPENSIVE.. When you get off the ship there is a little shopping area and a TON of tour guides out trying to get your business. There were 11 of us and we did a van tour which took us around the city, dropped us off and waited while we did shopping in town, took us up into the rain forest where the ziplines are located, took us to the Tequila brewery to take that tour, took us to the beach and waited for us while kids played in the water and we sat on the beach and had food and drinks.. The best part of the tour was the Tequila brewery! You CAN'T miss out on that! Awesome Tequila and absolutely fun!! For all 11 of us we only paid $100 for the whole tour... Can't beat that price..

In Cabo we did the same thing... Got off the ship and grabbed a tour guide out there and worked out our own deal. Got the glass bottom boat tour, which took us to see the fish, seals, rock formations, took us to Lovers beach were we chilled for about 2 hours, picked us up and took us & dropped us where we could do some shopping then picked us up and dropd us off on the main beach with all the cantinas.. For our group that cost $70.. While on the main beach we rented a jet ski for 1 hour for $60..
My suggestion is, if you feel comfortable, don't book your basic excusions thru Disney. I absolutely LOVE Disney but they are just TOO EXPENSIVE when it comes to that.. Get off the ship and do what we did... DON'T be afraid to negotiate... They will offer you a high price but you can DEFINITELY bring that price down.. Stick to the tourist areas.. And take a LOT of $1 bills... EVERYONE wants a tip so be careful.. If you can carry your own bags then carry them, bc if you hand your bag (or your child lol) to anyone while your getting off a tour boat or van they WILL want a tip! Hope these tips help...
I hope you and your family have a GREAT time!!! :)

That seems like a great tour in PV. How long did it last? They dont mind waiting for you when your gone for awhile?

I have to agree with everyone. The Mexican Riviera was my second most favorite cruise (first was Eastern Caribbean you can't go wrong with Trunk Bay AND CC!) I'm very sorry to see it disappear from the DCL itineraries because I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Yeay! For you having a good time!!
Would love to know your thoughts on how you think your experience was effected by their Norovirus policies?
I've been reading other's posts on how they avoided the buffets and drink stations, which sounds like a big bummer!

Also, how were the kids clubs, if you used them at all, of course.

Thanks!!

Yeay! For you having a good time!!
Would love to know your thoughts on how you think your experience was effected by their Norovirus policies?
I've been reading other's posts on how they avoided the buffets and drink stations, which sounds like a big bummer!

Also, how were the kids clubs, if you used them at all, of course.

Thanks!!

I was surprised by the policies. I had been on 5 cruises before and never seen them instituted before. We really had pretty much a normal experience. Since the Crew was serving at the buffets I had no problem with them whatsoever. But it did make for some crazy long lines. The servers slowed things down something awful.

The biggest impact to my cruising experience was the Drink station. I drink far more Diet Coke than I ought. And as a result, I've always been a frequent visitor to the Drink Station. But with the server there, the line was crazy long even with more than one server. It cut down on my consumption which in turn increased my headaches. (Of course a few Excederin usually clears that up)

Other than that I lived it up and had a grand time.

The kids clubs seemed to be relatively unaffected by anything. My kids were in them constantly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter