Mexican Riviera Cruise April 3, 2011

I've been reading some TRs on the boards, and most of them skipped the check in for the kids bands and did it onboard. Onboard, people reported walking up and getting the band in less than 5 mins. Sounds like the way to go to me!

See you all tomorrow!!

Back to packing...

I've been reading some TRs on the boards, and most of them skipped the check in for the kids bands and did it onboard. Onboard, people reported walking up and getting the band in less than 5 mins. Sounds like the way to go to me!

See you all tomorrow!!

Back to packing...

oh thank you so so so so much... i never use the right search terms i guess. so appreciate the info, see you manana!

Welcome back cruisers. So nice to meet some of you.:yay:

A big thank you to all the other FE exchangers. We had a blast and we love what we received :cool1:

I can't believe it over now, but we had a wonderful time. Hope to sail again soon!

:welcome: Welcome home! Hope everyone had a good time. I look forward to hearing about your cruise and reading your trip reports. :surfweb:

Well, we're home and unpacked and still rocking back and forth.
We had a great time thanks to Fred and Kathy. We were very fortunate to be put on the same dining table with you. Thank you again and hopefully we will see you next March on the Dream

DSC04131.jpg

Well, we're home!

I really enjoyed getting to meet some of you!

All in all, it was a most wonderful trip. It's sad to think it's over, but we are already looking forward to our next cruise.

Anyone for Alaska 2012 in August? :)

Has anyone ever had to do a damaged luggage claim? Our duffel bag was ripped open on one side. The took pictures and did a written report.

Should I just wait a few days or do I need to call?

We're home--- exhausted as we're still on California time. But we had a great time. The kids, DH and I loved all the FE gifts... we had a lot of fun with that!! :)

We're home--- exhausted as we're still on California time. But we had a great time. The kids, DH and I loved all the FE gifts... we had a lot of fun with that!! :)

Ditto... You all were CRAZY with the FE gifts. I almost needed another suitcase just for the gifts (good thing I drank what I could :thumbsup2 Thanks sooo much! I hope mine proved useful

Thanks for a great time!

Pat

Thank you to everyone who gave us such thoughtful FE gifts! Thank you all so much! I hope everyone made it home safely and thoroughly enjoyed their trips! We definitely did!!

Thank you, Iwanna. Your thoughtful photo and magnet were so cute. What a surprise when we came back to our room that night. Thank you again. :)

Hope you had as great a trip as we did!

Already booked our next one for 03/22/12 on the Dream!

Thank you, Iwanna. Your thoughtful photo and magnet were so cute. What a surprise when we came back to our room that night. Thank you again. :)

Hope you had as great a trip as we did!

Already booked our next one for 03/22/12 on the Dream!

Glad you liked it! I was also following DisneyZell's trip report, and I contacted him about decorating your door (pretending it was him from his trunk on the secret 7 deck). He said that he had already talked to you about making door magnets, but I thought that I would add some to the door anyway ;)

Does anyone remember this family or possibly know them?

6888656.jpg

I bought the photo CD and all their pictures are on our CD, as well. I would love to mail them a copy of their photos. I posted on the DCL main board, too. I hope they are DISers!

Glad you liked it! I was also following DisneyZell's trip report, and I contacted him about decorating your door (pretending it was him from his trunk on the secret 7 deck). He said that he had already talked to you about making door magnets, but I thought that I would add some to the door anyway ;)

LOL. Yes, we talked by email and he pretty much, to use my highly technical terminology "plopped" the ones I wanted on one page, in addition to the ones you saw in his thread and I was able to print them out last minute onto the magnet paper. It certainly made our door easy to find when we were coming down the long hall. In fact, after we took them off (because some were disappearing), I went to the wrong room once and wondered why my key didn't work and also passed by our room several times. LOL

I noticed your additions immediately upon returning to our room that night. I was glad your put your name on the back, so I could properly say thank you! We left a few magnets here and there in some FE's even though we weren't participating.

I did just put up a post in DZ's TR thread...... :laughing:

Where do you live in Cali?
nor cal

Thanks Thanks Thanks to everyone for the wonderful FE gifts. You are are so thoughtful. I'm so glad I got to meet some of you. I enjoyed hanging out with Stacy, Art, Juanita and Kathi!

Some of my favorite memories are: Seeing the whales in Cabo and how quiet the ship was in Cabo (1st day) and PV. and all of the great FE gifts.

I rebooked for next spring break so if anyone else is planning a redo woo hoo!

Have a great spring!:cool1:

We had a great time aboard our first Disney Cruise! Thank you so much to all our new DISboard friends for all the gifts and goodies (DS birthday was perfect & magical). We hope you all enjoyed your pins... they're so fun to trade!!!

I have photos to share...... coming soon!

*For those of you I never met in person, you may have seen me - I wore my MouseketeerMom ears the entire trip.*

One week later and I finally got a chance to post a thank you.

It has been a little crazy since we got back home...our eldest got sick at the very end (complained of a headache during dinner at Triton's on Friday, and sure enough, she was running a fever - so I kept her ensconced in our cabin Saturday - a brief re-emergence to Animator's for our last dinner because the fever had subsided, but came back with a vengance Sunday...long story short, she's okay - went to the Dr's on Monday to make sure it was only a run of the mill flu and not something else) but ended up getting our youngest sick so both missed most of school last week (not that they were complaining :cutie:).

Thanks all for for your generosity with the FE's...OMG the girls loved that as much as all the fun they had in Oceaneer Lab and with their favorite Disney characters. I hope I got everybody as I worked off an old FE list and slid in a couple more once I realized we had some late signers. I am sorry that I did not get much of a chance to socialize with most of you, compounded by the fact that at the 3pm intro I was in a rush because I had to get two girls out and dressed from post swim baths before the drill.

Overall, the cruise was at our expectation level (hubby and I have a few Regent cruises under our belts, so no way we could compare that experience with DCL) - our girls thoroughly enjoyed themselves and loved the cruise. We loved our little inside sideways cabin, it was perfect for us.- the girls kept calling it the "condo" lol

Has anyone ever had to do a damaged luggage claim? Our duffel bag was ripped open on one side. The took pictures and did a written report.

Should I just wait a few days or do I need to call?

Sorry to hear that! :mad: I would call, if I were you, to follow up. Hope nothing "dropped out"...but bummer that your duffel was ruined.

nor cal

I rebooked for next spring break so if anyone else is planning a redo woo hoo!

I always err on the side of caution - I put down a deposit for the Apr. 1st sailing as that is the week for the girl's spring break. Easter week on the ship! Won't fully commit until January tho so I won't officially say we are on until that happens.

Surprised we could not get our same cabin...for now we are in a 10B. Keep hoping we can get our little "condo" as the girls call it.

Hello Cruisemates! It's almost here!! :cool1: Have not quite packed but I got most of our clothes "scoped" out awaiting placement in suitcases. And the FE's are ready to go!! But I have some questions of you return Disney Cruisers:

1- Are there line dryers in the inside cabins (you know, those you usually find in hotels that you can pull out to hang items to dry)

2- I'm already all checked in online, including the kids club/lab for the girls. I keep reading about the horrible lines at the port to get the bracelets. Do I really need to stand in that line, or just get on the ship and pick up the bracelet at the lab later? I'm not clear why people are standing in that long line for and I don't want to rot in it unecessarily (especially if we get called to board early!!)

3- speaking of being all checked in online (barcode sheet printed out) all the early spots were taken. The earliest is 1:30. Is that time hard and fast or will we move up earlier?

4- Is there a safe in the cabin? Can it fit a regular size laptop or only notebooks/ipads?

5- How big is that steamer trunk in 5013 (inside cabin). Is that the "closet"? Is that the only place where you can hang clothes? HOw much drawer space is there.

6- For an inside cabin, will I really need the over the door shoe organizer? Do you put it on the bathroom door? Does that mean the door won't shut at night? Does that mean we risk "bilge" smell coming into the sleeping area because the bathroom door cannot close once the shoe hanger is over it?

7- Are there plenty of outlets or should we bring a strip?

I'm sure I forgot something but this is the majority of them. thanks friends!!

In the interest of answering my own questions that may help somebody in their future cruise plans:

1- Yes there are, and I used it EVERYDAY!!! I also brought from home 6 suction hooks and boy, did those come in handy as well!!

2 - We refused to stand in that horrible line at the terminal. Sure enough, once we got on board, we went to the lab and had bracelets on in a jiffy without a wait!!

3- We arrived into SAn Pedro from our early crack of down drive at 11:30 - we were in the waiting area by 11:45 - our number was 13 and we were ont he ship by 12:45. Not bad!!!! I see no reason to get there any earlier, IMHO. Girls got into the pool as soon as we got the Lab bracelets on them. Thanks to the DIS'ers for warning me to pack a beach bag with suits!! (in thier case, dive skins...I take no chances, having had 2nd degree sunburns as a 7 year old during my first visit to my homecountry, Guatemala). Having those diveskins also made it easy to spot them in the pool crowd :hippie:

4 - I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the safe. If hubby had decided to bring his mac down it would have fit. My workplace Dell however...that would have been dicey. Who works on vacation anyway (not me!)

5 - Made full use of that steamer trunk..made full use of all and every single storage space in fact.

6 - So glad I heeded DIS advise and brought one...OMG the bathroom was WAY smaller that I expected and having that over the door shoe organizer was a lifesaver!!

7 - OUtlets are an endangered animal in the cabins...however I did not pack a strip and we did not miss it/need it. The only thing I missed was one int he bathroom to use my travel steamer, that was a PIA to steam in the main area. I guess I could have gone up to the laundromat on 7 (which I did do once, on a port day----easy peasy to do laundry with no wait).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter