Mexican Riviera Cruise April 3, 2011

TinyG and family has late seating. I would love to know our dining rotation.

I was advised by Disney Cruise Line that you can merely request early or late seating and you cannot request a certain rotation. They say that until the week before when they actually download and go to print the tickets with the rotations and your actual dining ticket, it's not even determined.

Oh well, I tried. All restaurants are nice, so I guess it's not that important in the scheme of things to know ahead of time. It will be a surprise. :)

We also have the late seating.

Oh, and 26 days.....but who's counting!?!?!?!?!?

I cannot believe we're already in March.... so close, so close! :goodvibes

We've finished our FE gifts(whew!), still don't have a holder and I don't know if I'm crafty enough to sew one. I may have the classiest ducktaped paper pocket FE ever! :rotfl:

Went shopping this weekend with the kids for new summer clothes. So it's seeming more real... can't wait!!!

We did some cruise shopping too...still need a few more things but then all done and ready to go. Well..gotta get started on those FE gifts. :confused3:confused:

I vote for the first day meet 3pm in promonade sounds good. I was planning on taking my time getting on the ship that day. Didn't want to be waiting in lines at the port, I'd rather be waiting in lines at DL :thumbsup2

24 days until our vacation begins!

Hi Everyone!

I did some shopping too this week for the kiddy's. Ok so let's set the meet and greet up for 3:30 on the first day and we will meet at the Promendade lounge:banana:

My family has second dinner rotation as well. I love the kids dine and run (Don't remember the exact title:rotfl2:) It gives me and the hubby conversation time. If anyone is interested in meeting up for a drink......or two let us know. Oh and if I get too number three or four we can meet at Kereoke :lmao:

Alisha

I vote for a 3 pm meeting time, too!

Got a quick question for those who has cruised before: For "Cruise Casual" for kids, does that include jeans? I know there is a "no shorts" rule at dinner, right?

I didn't know that the pirate night changed to day 5. I booked palo dinner for that night. What options do I have??

I noticed that your dates are for March. I assume that is just a typo?

Oy:lmao:

I went back and fixed the post. Thanks for catching that. I think my brain was trying to tell me that I should be on the Wonder right now :banana:

and after the day I had a work today I really wish I was crusin' right now (nothing bad, just super super intense and I'm fried after 12 hours of straight work) :upsidedow

The same thing happened to us. :( I am not sure what to do either.

Call DCL asap - I am sure I took the day down correctly because I clearly asked the agent: wait...Pirate NIght is NOT in PUerto Vallarta? And she said affirmative, it is not...only two dates of the MR this year will have Pirate NIght during day at sea, and our cruise is one of the two.

It sounds like you can still do Palo, enjoy it and then get ready for the yo ho ho mutiny later pirate:

I called DCL today, and you are right about the date. The rep said nothing he could do. He also mentioned that it is sitll subject to change because pirate day is depending on the weather.

I might just have to cancel the Palo dinner when we get on the boat. I don't want to miss the pirate night dinner with the kids. Oh well.

Call DCL asap - I am sure I took the day down correctly because I clearly asked the agent: wait...Pirate NIght is NOT in PUerto Vallarta? And she said affirmative, it is not...only two dates of the MR this year will have Pirate NIght during day at sea, and our cruise is one of the two.

It sounds like you can still do Palo, enjoy it and then get ready for the yo ho ho mutiny later pirate:

I vote for a 3 pm meeting time, too!

Got a quick question for those who has cruised before: For "Cruise Casual" for kids, does that include jeans? I know there is a "no shorts" rule at dinner, right?

I know that as long as the kids dont have on bathing suits or holey clothes, there shouldn't be a problem. I've seen alot of people dressed however they feel and I've never seen anyone turned away. Most of the "suggestions" are asked for the comfort of other guests.
There, is that confusing enough?

As far as meet and greet, don't forget that fire and emergency drill is usually at 4:00 pm, so 3:30 might be too late. Also, since I'm new to this thread, I don't know who is in charge of what, but the "meet and greet is the perfect time to hand out FE stateroom lists.

The last time we cruised with Disney I would wear nice cargo long shorts to dinner and nobody ever turned us away. My son wore the same type of shorts as well.

When I went in yesterday trying to put my information in for the cruise, found out that DCL move my Palo brunch reservation to the same date of my dinner reservation. I am going to cancel one (just can't do 2 Palo on he same date, too much food.....), can't decide which one to cancel. What would you pick? :confused3

Good Morning,

so I am blowing away by a wind storm here in Cali and to top it off we have a fabulous sig alert on the freeway!!! I am soo ready for our cruise:cool2:

Sorry for the typo regarding the meet and greet. I meant to set it up at 3pm.:thumbsup2

Dress attire (PLEASE DO NOT SHOOT ME! I REALLY AM A NICE PERSON:lovestruc) - This is totally in the eye of the person. I have seen people cut throat on other links regarding what you should and should not do. Do you "follow Disney rules" or do you just say beeeeeeep it and wear what you want to wear because you paid for the cruise!! We do the second dining and the kids are only with us for approx 30 to 45 mins. I think it would be just fine for a kid to wear kakis/cargo shorts with a nice shirt.

I called DCL today, and you are right about the date. The rep said nothing he could do. He also mentioned that it is sitll subject to change because pirate day is depending on the weather.

I might just have to cancel the Palo dinner when we get on the boat. I don't want to miss the pirate night dinner with the kids. Oh well.

Does anyone remember what time the Pirate show/fireworks are? If I remember correctly it was approx 9:45. Our Palo ressies are for 8pm. I also dont remember if anything happened during dinner for pirate night. I really do not want to give up Palo. I got sooooo sun burned on our last Disney cruise that we had to cancel. (note to self bring extra sunscreen!!!)

Alisha

I had a HUGE reply - and *poof* it's gone.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh!

Anyway, I'll get back to that.

My question is about the Tea with _________ (sometimes ALice, sometimes Wendy, sometimes "friends")

My BFF just returned from her cruise in the MR on the Wonder. No tea offered and no explanation. They got in line on embarkation day and tried to get on the list, and they were told that it wasn't being offered on this cruise. Anyone know if they are discontinuing it?

I am glad that we decided to book Palo for brunch and not a dinner, now we don't have to worry about missing anything in the evening on any days.

I had a HUGE reply - and *poof* it's gone.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh!

Anyway, I'll get back to that.

My question is about the Tea with _________ (sometimes ALice, sometimes Wendy, sometimes "friends")

My BFF just returned from her cruise in the MR on the Wonder. No tea offered and no explanation. They got in line on embarkation day and tried to get on the list, and they were told that it wasn't being offered on this cruise. Anyone know if they are discontinuing it?

Wendy,

I two was told the same thing from a friend that just got off the Ship.
Do you think the CSR's would have this information?

Alisha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter