Mexican Riviera Cruise April 3, 2011

Welcome! :cheer2:

I hope my boss gives me a Disney Cruise at 25 years!! You are one lucky employee!!

Yeah, my boss is one of the best. He feeds us breakfast every Wednesday, lunch every Friday. takes us to the Del Mar races, Padres games, deep sea fishing trips, and we have even spent the day at Disneyland with a luncheon at the Grand Californian Hotel.
And we are a small company with only 28 employees

Art
I would be happy to include you too in my gifts.... I have started late and a few more is not a problem

debbie

Hello all,
I just started checking out the internet about our cruise since we received our documents. So I have just learned about the FE Exchange. My family would love to participate if possible.

If we can be added here is our info.
Art 38
Juanita 37
Evan 14
Griffin 10

See you there next month!!

Welcome! Hopefully they can add you. I haven't even begun to think about our FE gifts. Guess I should get on that!

Good morning all, I'm new to this thread but just thought I would drop in an d say hello. We just booked this cruise yesterday because of a gift my boss gave me for working 25 years for him.
We have cruised on Dcl. A couple of DVC member cruises, a short cruise and a Transatlantic cruise. We live in San Diego but have never sailed to Mexico, so we are looking forward to this. I know it's a little late, but I just wanted to see how many fellow DIS'ers were going to be on board.

Welcome aboard! Lucky you and awesome boss.:thumbsup2

Welcome!

Funny but I never "officially" annound that we're on this cruise too!

Hey there cruise friend. I believe we sailed together on the PC cruise a few years ago. It'll be nice to see you again.

I suggest we replace the person who hasn't responded to your PMs with her...

Good Idea!

:yay:We are Getting Excited! :banana: Starting to plan what I need to pack. This will be my 7th cruise (4 Regent, 1 Paul Gaugin and 1 Avalon Waterways) and I seem to get better at not overpacking but even with the last cruise I took (Avalon) it seems I still could have shaved off some things that "made the round trip for naught" :cutie: Hubby is better....but this is our first cruise with the girls....yeah, dunno how to best tell them they cannot bring every single stuffed animal they own. Thank goodness we are driving. Too bad DCL has not put a build a bear outlet on the ships, that would be a fer sure money maker for them (with DCL only merch)

I've added you to my FE list Hey Riddle!

So...how will we meet and greet...although about a 4th of us are in the same area :thumbsup2.

By the way...anybody here allergic to food ingredients (e.g. nuts, milk, wheat, et al)? In addition to my semi=homemade FE gifts, I want to bestow each cabin with a treat that is only available once a year (can't say much more than that):wizard: but want to make sure I don't bestow something that will make somebody react to the ingredients:sad2:

Well we gathered the supplies needed to create our first fish extender. We also started making some gifts. This just makes the anticipation for the cruise so much greater! :)

Good morning all, I'm new to this thread but just thought I would drop in an d say hello. We just booked this cruise yesterday because of a gift my boss gave me for working 25 years for him.
We have cruised on Dcl. A couple of DVC member cruises, a short cruise and a Transatlantic cruise. We live in San Diego but have never sailed to Mexico, so we are looking forward to this. I know it's a little late, but I just wanted to see how many fellow DIS'ers were going to be on board.

Hey rbcheek - I have enough materials for my FE "crafts" - can you let us know where your room is and who you are travelling with? (PM me if you want to not officially be on the FE list)

I too am sewing up my fish extender pockets today... when done will post picture. Have been gathering gifts and this is just so much fun.. makes the anticipation better.

On a side note my friend made me gifts for my grandaughter... These FE pockets kind of reminded me. She made me advent pockets ( like christmas) but for halloween, valentines day, easter and Elle's birthday... for small surprises and candy to count down the days. As I see her everyday ( lucky grandma) they are so much fun. and they feed my shopping habit.. sadly these Fe's gifts fit right in... :cheer2:

debbie

Well, since this thread is 21 pages long, and I normally have limited patience, which means I more than likely will not read all 21 pages to find my answer, I thought I would just pose a question.

On the 04/03/11 cruise, is there a general "Dis Meet" scheduled or is it just the FE that this thread is about? Being as how we have no children, the FE is not something that I would participate in, so was wondering if there's a general "meet".

Thanks.

Miss No Patience :rolleyes1

Hey rbcheek - I have enough materials for my FE "crafts" - can you let us know where your room is and who you are travelling with? (PM me if you want to not officially be on the FE list)

We will be in stateroom #2002 It will be just myself and my wife;
Ray & Barbara.

We won't be able to give gifts this time around so we would feel kind of guilty recieving them. (But you can if you want to)
We normaly get involved with the FE, but we made these plans to close to cruising time to allow us to get stuff together.

I do thank you for thinking of us, DIS people are the Best

Well, since this thread is 21 pages long, and I normally have limited patience, which means I more than likely will not read all 21 pages to find my answer, I thought I would just pose a question.

On the 04/03/11 cruise, is there a general "Dis Meet" scheduled or is it just the FE that this thread is about? Being as how we have no children, the FE is not something that I would participate in, so was wondering if there's a general "meet".

Thanks.

Miss No Patience :rolleyes1

Hey there Miss No Patience/Quilt Teddy - we have'nt quite figured it out yet (I just asked about a page ago ;) ) I would drop a PM to zdara1999 she's our official ringmaster. Drop me a PM as well and I can keep you posted once I find out.

We will be in stateroom #2002 It will be just myself and my wife;
Ray & Barbara.

We won't be able to give gifts this time around so we would feel kind of guilty recieving them. (But you can if you want to)
We normaly get involved with the FE, but we made these plans to close to cruising time to allow us to get stuff together.

I do thank you for thinking of us, DIS people are the Best

I'm new to DIS but glad to share the pixie dust :angel:

Hey there Miss No Patience/Quilt Teddy - we have'nt quite figured it out yet (I just asked about a page ago ;) ) I would drop a PM to zdara1999 she's our official ringmaster. Drop me a PM as well and I can keep you posted once I find out.

Done!

BTW, we are in room 7578.

I called DCL for some odds and ends and had them confirm our schedule. So as a DCL n00b I'd like to share that with you:

Sunday, 4/3: Long Beach, Embark (boarding from 1:00 to 3:00) Cruise Casual

Monday 4/4: Day at Sea. Formal

Tuesday, 4/5: Cabo San Lucas Cruise Casual (in port 11:15 to 5 pm)

Wednesday, 4/6: Puerto Valllarta Cruise Casual (in port 7:30 am to 7:00 pm)

Thursday, 4/7: Day at Sea. Pirate Night (was told only 2 weeks in April have this schedule = pirate night is day at sea.)

Friday, 4/8: Cabo San Lucas Semi Formal (in port 7:15 am to 1:30 pm)

Saturday, 4/9: Day at Sea Cruise Casual

Sunday, 4/10: Debark 9:30 to 11:00

Plan accordingly, fellow DIS'ers!! (disclaimer: hoping I took down all the info correctly!

Hey guys, looking forward to our cruise! But, i got some questions maybe you guys can help....
1. ok we booked Palo at 830 PM on the second night of the cruise. I am glad this is not on Pirate night but I also dont want to miss our first night at AP. IT is my understanding the show is different the first time. Is this true? If so i dont wanna know why i just wanna know if that is true. I want to keep the surprise. When i find out what our dining rotation is will i be able to cancel and reschedule?
2. We have the early dining time. I know its an opinionated question but what are the plusses and minuses of this?
3. Even though our kids are 16,12,10 I was wondering what to you do if you are ages 18-20? do they fall through the cracks since the dont fit club age groups? just wonderin....
4. Formal night? What exactly is different about this? is dining changed? Shows changed? What exactly is the deal? Is it just dress code?
Any help/answers/opinions appreciated as we are very much new to cruising
so my queries may seem obvious but they are sincere

Thx
Josh

Hey guys, looking forward to our cruise! But, i got some questions maybe you guys can help....
1. ok we booked Palo at 830 PM on the second night of the cruise. I am glad this is not on Pirate night but I also dont want to miss our first night at AP. IT is my understanding the show is different the first time. Is this true? If so i dont wanna know why i just wanna know if that is true. I want to keep the surprise. When i find out what our dining rotation is will i be able to cancel and reschedule?
2. We have the early dining time. I know its an opinionated question but what are the plusses and minuses of this?
3. Even though our kids are 16,12,10 I was wondering what to you do if you are ages 18-20? do they fall through the cracks since the dont fit club age groups? just wonderin....
4. Formal night? What exactly is different about this? is dining changed? Shows changed? What exactly is the deal? Is it just dress code?

Thx
Josh

Formal Night - It's your call what to do. There will be many people who take it to the hilt and many people who don't.

We've done both.

The only less than dressy clothing we're bringing with us are slacks and shoes for

The tails and tuxes have been fun sometimes and other times I have not been in the mood.

My advice is ... you spent the money on the cruise, it's your dime so do what makes you happy.

Dressing up can be a lot of fun and when we do dress up, we do it with a vengeance and take no prisoners, but personally, I see no reason when you're spending so much bloody money on a vacation that is intended for your enjoyment, to feel pressured into doing something you don't want to do.

For us, we have decided that this cruise is all about no schlepping, no dressing up and no costumes. The tuxes and other formal attire will be left at home. We will only pack dress pants, better shirts and shoes for our brunch, tea, dinner at Palo.

If you do for some reason feel that there's pressure to conform for dress up nights, Beach Blanket, Topsiders or whatever it's called is always an option.

Hello all,
I just started checking out the internet about our cruise since we received our documents. So I have just learned about the FE Exchange. My family would love to participate if possible.

If we can be added here is our info.
Art 38
Juanita 37
Evan 14
Griffin 10

See you there next month!!

Hello Heyriddle I sent you a PM.

Diane

We did! The west bound PC 3 years ago!
I can't believe it was that long ago. That was a fun cruise. So many memories and new friends made!

I called DCL for some odds and ends and had them confirm our schedule. So as a DCL n00b I'd like to share that with you:

Sunday, 3/3: Long Beach, Embark (boarding from 1:00 to 3:00) Cruise Casual

Monday 3/4: Day at Sea. Formal

Tuesday, 3/5: Cabo San Lucas Cruise Casual (in port 11:15 to 5 pm)

Wednesday, 3/6: Puerto Valllarta Cruise Casual (in port 7:30 am to 7:00 pm)

Thursday, 3/7: Day at Sea. Pirate Night (was told only 2 weeks in April have this schedule = pirate night is day at sea.)

Friday, 3/8: Cabo San Lucas Semi Formal (in port 7:15 am to 1:30 pm)

Saturday, 3/9: Day at Sea Cruise Casual

Sunday, 3/10: Debark 9:30 to 11:00

Plan accordingly, fellow DIS'ers!! (disclaimer: hoping I took down all the info correctly!
Thanks for the info! Still bummed about the short port times in cabo :sad1:

Thx
Josh

Not sure about #1

I have always done late dining and I have a 12yo. My DD (when younger) is picky and never really ate dinner with me so I figured might as well enjoy myself, take my time with dinner and go to the early show never having to worry about finding a seat.:thumbsup2 In my previous cruising I have noticed that it's mostly people with small children eating earlier. I do hate being rushed for the next diners. JMHO

#3 On my last disney cruise the 18yo college student son of another disfriend was having the time of his life. I saw him all over that ship at all hours too! :rotfl2:He found a group of college age kids and they had a blast. I'd recommend checking out the college club lunch they will probably do on the
2nd day if they haven't met anyone yet.

#4 I only have 1 opportunity a year to dress up like a girly girl..so I like to wear a nice dress and heels for formal night..but pretty much just for dinner. AND if it's rough on the ship you'll find me in flip flops...lol I agree with Ians response below though..it's your call. If you want a fancy group pic tho nothing beats making them dress up:cool1:

Formal Night - It's your call what to do. There will be many people who take it to the hilt and many people who don't.

We've done both.

The only less than dressy clothing we're bringing with us are slacks and shoes for

The tails and tuxes have been fun sometimes and other times I have not been in the mood.

My advice is ... you spent the money on the cruise, it's your dime so do what makes you happy.

Dressing up can be a lot of fun and when we do dress up, we do it with a vengeance and take no prisoners, but personally, I see no reason when you're spending so much bloody money on a vacation that is intended for your enjoyment, to feel pressured into doing something you don't want to do.

For us, we have decided that this cruise is all about no schlepping, no dressing up and no costumes. The tuxes and other formal attire will be left at home. We will only pack dress pants, better shirts and shoes for our brunch, tea, dinner at Palo.

If you do for some reason feel that there's pressure to conform for dress up nights, Beach Blanket, Topsiders or whatever it's called is always an option.

I believe I saw a kilt on one of you in the past right? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter