Mexican Riviera Cruise 03/27/2011

Hi everyone, I started following another thread announcing DCL's decision to cancel Mazatlan. Today, I noticed the itinerary for our sailing has changed as follows:

Day 1 - Los Angeles
Day 2 - at sea
Day 3 - at sea
Day 4 - Puerto Vallarta
Day 5 - Cabo
Day 6 - Cabo
Day 7 - at sea
Day 8 - disembark Los Angeles

If you had any shore excursions planned, I don't know how things will get adjusted, but want you to know so you can start planning now!

Lori

Hello MamaB1992!
Glad to see another fellow cruiser on here! I'm Becky, sailing in our group is myself, my DH, and 3 of our children, DS16, DD13, and DGS6. Happy you've joined the FE list! DisneyHonu is keeping our list, as so you can see how many kids/adults we have so far. We'll look forward to meeting you! :woohoo:

Hi everyone, just got off the phone with DCL and received confirmation of port arrival/departure times, as well as theme nights:

Day 1 - Los Angeles - leave at 5:00pm
Day 2 - at sea
Day 3 - at sea - Formal Night
Day 4 - Puerto Vallarta ship is in port from 7:00am - 7:00pm (Pirate Night)
Day 5 - Cabo ship is in port from 11:15am - 7:00pm (you have to be back on the ship - it is scheduled to leave the port then go back)
Day 6 - Cabo ship is in port from 7:00am - 1:30pm (Semi-Formal Night)
Day 7 - at sea
Day 8 - disembark Los Angeles

Hi Everyone,

We have few families interested in the exchange, so here are the totals so far based on ages (hoping it makes gift shopping/creations a little easier)

- seven families
- fifteen adults
- one 4 year old girl
- one 5 year old girl
- one 6 year old girl
- two 8 year old girls
- two 12 year old girls
- one 13 year old girl
- one 2 year old boy
- two 6 year old boys
- one 8 year old boy
- one 10 year old boy
- one 11 year old boy
- one 16 year old boy

If anyone is interested in more details, click here for the list.

Want to be added?? Please let us know! Thanks! :flower1:

Just saw on the thread about Mazatlan being cancelled. From the other sites it appears that the port was cancelled due to the violence in or near the city. :scared1: A friend of mine advised that Cabo is a very nice and safe port.

I also wanted to update the age of DD Rebecca. :tinker: She is now 9 but was eight when I had orignally set up the thread.

Only 62 days until we sail.party:

Anyone from Phoenix AZ on the ship?

Fun little thing...

If any of you have an iPhone, I found a fun "cruise" App... :woohoo:
It is called WDW countdown, and it is a time ticker that has the Disney cruise ship in the background! I was jazzed to find it, so I get to countdown not only on here with you guys, but now I see it on my phone!! :cool1:

Just got the countdown and even posted to facebook! Thanks for finding and sharing this!

Aloha, Glenna!

I placed you on the list but did not check you on the FE. Please let me know if I need to correct anything.
http://sites.google.com/site/disneymexicanrivieracruise/dis-board-list

I also made other updates including the menu page.
http://sites.google.com/site/disneymexicanrivieracruise/file-cabinet
If anybody can get pemission to use any other food photos, please send them my way.

Mahalo, DisneyHonu! BTW -- the site is great!!!

Is anyone else not thrilled with the new itinerary? I'm all for Disney keeping guests safe, but I would have loved to visit a different port. Oh well, maybe we'll have the ship to ourselves during one of the Cabo days ... :laughing:

Interesting that the schedule has changed and Disney has not notified us! I checked my reservation and it would seem that in the itinerary it still says Mazatlan, but in the booked activities, it says Cabo... very strange, and leaving Cabo at 1:30? Seriously? It is like we are losing a port day!

On another note, has anyone recieved any upgrade phonecalls for our cruise yet?

Hi ManitobaMickey!

I heard that the double Cabo day may be a "quick fix" for now, but they may be trying for a different port. I'm hoping for that. Otherwise, we are just going to Cabo, then that night, going out for a circle on the ocean & coming back to Cabo for a short 1/2 day! :confused3 :sad2:
We haven't gotten any upgrade calls.. :(

Just saw on the thread about Mazatlan being cancelled. From the other sites it appears that the port was cancelled due to the violence in or near the city. :scared1: A friend of mine advised that Cabo is a very nice and safe port.

I also wanted to update the age of DD Rebecca. :tinker: She is now 9 but was eight when I had orignally set up the thread.

Only 62 days until we sail.party:

Anyone from Phoenix AZ on the ship?

We're from Phoenix!

Hi ManitobaMickey!

I heard that the double Cabo day may be a "quick fix" for now, but they may be trying for a different port. I'm hoping for that. Otherwise, we are just going to Cabo, then that night, going out for a circle on the ocean & coming back to Cabo for a short 1/2 day! :confused3 :sad2:
We haven't gotten any upgrade calls.. :(

At least we will be in Mexico where the air will be a lot warmer than here! :banana: AND, if the water is not too choppy should be good for a nice pleasant sleep after a day of fun.

I was wondering about the "quick fix" as there doesn't seem to be any excursions listed for that day. Really throws a wrench into a planner like me! lol

We're from Southern California, so it's been pretty warm here, but I've lived in northern North Dakota before, so I have much empathy for those in the frozen tundra right now! :rotfl:
DCL said with their decision to pull out of Mazatlan, they didn't have enough time to make a permanent portchange right away, but were considering and trying to secure another port instead of 2 Cabos. But they were unsure if & by when. I told them we were on the Wonder the end of March, and they still couldn't confirm if they would be doing it by then. But I'm hoping!!! :love:

Oh well, maybe we'll have the ship to ourselves during one of the Cabo days ... :laughing:

We're scheduled for the spa at 2p on the second day we're in Cabo, so it's worked out fine for us. We'll probably venture out the first day, but stay on the second..... hoping, just like you, that the ship is quiet!

And to manitobamickey, I agree, it seems like we're losing a port day. Hmmmm.... no upgrade calls for us.

We're from Southern California, so it's been pretty warm here, but I've lived in northern North Dakota before, so I have much empathy for those in the frozen tundra right now! :rotfl:
DCL said with their decision to pull out of Mazatlan, they didn't have enough time to make a permanent portchange right away, but were considering and trying to secure another port instead of 2 Cabos. But they were unsure if & by when. I told them we were on the Wonder the end of March, and they still couldn't confirm if they would be doing it by then. But I'm hoping!!! :love:

LOl I am glad you can empathize with us, we are only about 2 hours north of Grand Forks. Last week it was -40 but this week it is a balmy -5 celcius and maybe even 0 (which is melting):cool1:

I think i am over the shock now. Have even accepted it. It will be great. We had booked our daughter in for surfing and she was upset that she wouldn't get to see Cabo. I guess that she will be happy now!

I have also heard that there are warnings about PV as well, but haven't seen anything offical on that front. Keep your fingers crossed!

ManitobaMickey,
Ah! Grand Forks is where I lived! Beautiful in late spring, harsher than harsh in the winter.... Once it gets below 0, it kinda all felt the same I remember. ;)
Who is traveling with you? I saw you mentioned your daughter doing the teen surf, how old is she? We are traveling with our 16yr old son, & 13yr old daughter (& 6 yr old boy!!) I know, we're kinda the same way. If we get another port, great. If not, we'll be happy with another day in Cabo, either on the boat, or some other excursion. :)

CalDisFans,
There are four of us travelling. We have a 16 year old daughter and then a 6 year old daughter, and then of course my husband and myself.

Calling all boys and girls going on the mexican rivara on march 27.Hi, i am Emma and i am looking for a buddy on the cruise. If anybody is eight it is your lucky day!I had a friend on my second disney cruise.My sister is 6 and i think that she would like a buddy,too.It would make me really :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter