Mexican Riviera - Convince me !!!

narsibvl

DIS Veteran
As you can see from my ticker below, we are booked for MR in Jan. Now I am having second thoughts. We did the bahamas in 2010 on the wonder. Going by the price I rooted for the MR, but now I am wondering whether it would be a dampener. Convince me it ain't going to be bad.

Looked at the fantasy sailings, atleast it would be a new ship and the carribean and CC beckons. Hardly any cabins left for this 2012 summer. The best I can do is Dec and that is long way out.

Looked at Alaska sailings, prices are comparable to cruise tours for long period in other cruise lines like princess and royal carribean so don't feel justified.

HELP !!! I am going crazy here.

What are you worried is going to be bad? If we had some specifics, it would help to be able to address your concerns.

We went in March, we had fun and are going back next March. What else would like to know?

What are you worried is going to be bad? If we had some specifics, it would help to be able to address your concerns.

Most importantly, would it be worth the money and time, without CC, being on the same ship and the mexican ports compared to say the carribean. In short would it be as memorable a trip as we had last winter.

I too have booked a MR cruise for next year and am struggling a bit with the same thoughts. For me, however, it comes down to the fact that I cruise Disney primarily for the ships - for the delicious food (served by fabulous wait staff), interesting activities, world-class entertainment, and heavenly relaxation options on board. The ports are just something to do during the day, an interesting trip to a foreign city or island for a few hours between breakfast and the evening meal/ entertainment.

Still, missing CC makes the MR cruise worth a little less in my eyes...but that's OK since the cruise costs $200-$300 per person less (and since I'm a westerner, I'll save on travel too).

I think the trip already has the potential to be more memorable than your Bahamas cruise, just in the fact that it is a 7 night cruise vs the 3 or 4 you spent on the Wonder before. There is something about boarding the ship knowing that you have a whole week to enjoy yourself.

Just go, relax, enjoy what the MR has to offer, and apply what you are saving on this cruise toward your on board booking for the Fantasy the following year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter