• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mexican Riviera - best month to travel

mama_pookie

Earning My Ears
Hello, just wondering where I can find information on the best months to take the Mexican Riviera cruise in terms of weather, etc.

Thank you.

That will depend - if you are planning water activities August/September are the best.

If you are hoping for cooler weather for land activities May or June would be your best bet - although it will still be warm, but not as hot as the later months.

We love doing the snorkeling activities through Puerto Vallarta adventures --- they are the best!!!!

We have used them twice so far and always got more then we bargained for!!!

good luck and have fun!

Also depends on your definition of "good" weather. Being from AZ, anything below 75 is starting to get cold, so when we went in June, our DD froze almost the entire time. Some of our Michigan family, thinks this is just perfect weather. They went in February and loved the weather. :confused3 We thought they were nuts.

Just realized you were asking where to find INFORMATION about the weather. Sorry about that. We liked to use the NOAA website, it showed averages and even water temp if you search a bit.

We were on a Mexican Riviera cruise the last week of April. The ports were plenty hot, and I wouldn't have wanted to cruise any later. However, the 2 sea days back to LA were very windy and chilly.

We went to Disneyland for 2 days post-cruise (May 2 and 3), and the weather couldn't have been better with highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s.

I have checked this before. I think I remember April being the nicest in terms of temperature and low rainfall. Definitely check the rainfall as I remember some months to be quite dreary (I just google "ensenada average temperatures," etc).

Jodie

Autodoc,
I googled and can't find a tour company called "puerto vallarta adventures" but did find one named "vallarta-adventures.com" Is that the same one you were pleased with?
The DCL excursions are pricey and I'd like to check into arranging a port excursion on my own. Thanks.

I have checked this before. I think I remember April being the nicest in terms of temperature and low rainfall. Definitely check the rainfall as I remember some months to be quite dreary (I just google "ensenada average temperatures," etc).

Jodie

I agree April is the nicest, conveniently corresponding to our children's Spring Break. :)

Summer is HOT and HUMID and has a chance of hurricanes and lots of rain. I would avoid that time (June through October in general is very HOT). As a matter of fact it was so hot in the summer that my friend's 5 year old passed out from the heat on an excursion last summer! EEEK

Katherine

February was perfect weather and so was November when we went. June was overcast and humid. Wunderground.com is where I go to check the weather for the port. Leaving Los Angeles is usually cool unless you go in the summertime, but then Mexico is having humid, rainy weather. We left LA on our Feb. 2006 cruise and we were having a heat wave here (high 80's) and when we came back after 7 days, it was freezing and hailing as we pulled into San Pedro, so you never know here!

From what I've been told, January through March/beginning of April. Having said that, I've never been, but my in-laws have a time share in Puerto Vallarta and have been many times.

I'm not sure if you wanting to be on the Wonder, but I believe she is going to be heading up to AK in May through Sept. So you would need to be looking at MR Jan - May, Sept - Dec.

Enjoy

I've been to Puerto Vallarta in late June, and it was beyond Humid and Hot! We tried going into the ocean to cool off but the water was not any cooler. We spent most of the trip in the hotel with the A/C on.

But I am from Sarcamento where it is not humid, but if you are used to humidity it might be ok. We are booked to go late February, and I hear it will be beautiful.

We'll be bring the Wonder to California so I'm sure hoping for nice weather next month, then our extended family and friends want to do an early March cruise in 2012.

We are going in late November. The weather is about low to mid 80's in P.v. Not sure about the other stops. My daughter just spent 10 days there with her grandparents and was in the ocean or pool every day, and loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter