Mexican Riviera 2/27 - 3/6 - DisneyZell TR new 3/31: FINISHED!!!

*stands and claps*

excellent job!

I loved every minute except where they made you leave the ship... I leave tomorrow, cruise Sunday, and I'm already dreading debarkation day!!!!!!!!! I know all good things must come to an end, but one day I'm going to take like 17 B2Bs (back to back) so I'll be ready to go home! (probably not even then, but I would have to stop somewhere so we could fit on the airplane on the way home)

I'm taking a notebook - hopefully I can do my own TR when we get back!

Great report! I was throughly entertained.

I have a question about giving your servers the alcohol. I'm assuming they only would want unopened bottles/cans, correct? And do you give them your unused booze out of the kindness of your heart, or is it because you can't bring it off the ship?

TIA :hippie: We leave in a week and a half, soooooo excited! :yay:

you can do any number of things. If you charge it to your room they will give it to everyone after the cruise. We like to give it them personally, especially if they have done well.

BRAVO for finishing such an entertaining TR! I also appreciate your tips and answers provided on my questions. Regarding tipping again, I do want to personally hand them the envelope on the last night however I want to charge the tips on a credit card as I don't like to carry a lot of cash when travelling. Does Disney still give it to everyone after the cruise? or will Disney provide some sort of payment receipt for us to put in the envelope so that our servers know we did tip them but not in cash? Some many things to think about! Again, many thanks! Happy cruising to you all.

:thumbsup2 Great trip!! Makes me all the more excited for our cruise in less than two months:)

I would like to point out, however, that the breakfast table shots were made complete, with the bottle of wine in them! I'm shocked that throughout your entire TR you kept insisting you weren't a "big drinker", yet on the last day's pictures, you let it slip! :rotfl: Oh ya, right.....it was there for your servers.....;)

I would also like to :cheer2: because you did finish the TR and you did finish it before I signed off for our trip! There were so many tips and other information that you so kindly shared with us, from deep within, and it's much appreciated. :goodvibes

In addition to being extremely excited in seeing how you plan on decorating our door throughout the cruise, I'm just as excited to read the TR that you write for us AFTER our trip ends!

.for all of you headed out on a cruise in the next few weeks let me leave you with this sentiment:

I HATE YOU

:)

Just kidding. :thumbsup2 Now that was vicious! enjoy your trips!

DZ

Awwww, you know you are gonna miss me.....you won't know what to do with yourself for the 12 days I'm gone. Your life will be so dull and just remember one important thing throughout that entire time period.

WE ARE THERE, HA HA, YOU AREN'T!!!!:woohoo::dance3:

:rotfl2:

BRAVO for finishing such an entertaining TR! I also appreciate your tips and answers provided on my questions. Regarding tipping again, I do want to personally hand them the envelope on the last night however I want to charge the tips on a credit card as I don't like to carry a lot of cash when travelling. Does Disney still give it to everyone after the cruise? or will Disney provide some sort of payment receipt for us to put in the envelope so that our servers know we did tip them but not in cash? Some many things to think about! Again, many thanks! Happy cruising to you all.

We pre-pay our tips for our cruise. It is easier to budget and then they are already covered BEFORE you go! You will have vouchers and envelopes in your cabin that you give out accordingly. We loved our restaurant servers so much on our last cruise, we added in a little "cash" as well. :)
Hope this helps and have a great trip!
Michelle

EXCELLENTE!

I thoroughly enjoyed your trippie! I wish I could write.

We're off to DL in 9 days! What was I thinking going during spring break?! :scared1:

Thanks again,
Meredith in Utah

Get out! you are so lucky. As DW pointed out...we have a noreaster coming our way. They say we are going to get dumped on...but they have been wrong before and I'm hoping they are wrong again! Thanks for the kind words and enjoy Disneyland!

*stands and claps*

excellent job!

I loved every minute except where they made you leave the ship... I leave tomorrow, cruise Sunday, and I'm already dreading debarkation day!!!!!!!!! I know all good things must come to an end, but one day I'm going to take like 17 B2Bs (back to back) so I'll be ready to go home! (probably not even then, but I would have to stop somewhere so we could fit on the airplane on the way home)

I'm taking a notebook - hopefully I can do my own TR when we get back!
I know! can you believe they make us get off at the end. sheesh. They clearly didn't know that I can bring in more traffic through TR's...and imagine if I just lived there and my job was to do a new trip report each week. I like it! Have a great trip...as you know I'm jealous. And I look forward to your TR! :)

Great report! I was throughly entertained.

I have a question about giving your servers the alcohol. I'm assuming they only would want unopened bottles/cans, correct? And do you give them your unused booze out of the kindness of your heart, or is it because you can't bring it off the ship?

TIA :hippie: We leave in a week and a half, soooooo excited! :yay:
As mentioned earlier, I hate you because your going on the cruise. But I'll put that aside.

I honestly don't know if you can take open alcohol off the ship. I didn't see anything that said I couldn't do that. But I don't feel it's worth it to haul that home unless you are driving to/from the port. to haul that much beer would have cost alot...and although Southwest loves my bags...they might not like the mess. No, I didn't fly Southwest...but I thought that would be funny. Apparently not.

At some point during the cruise (toward the end) Guest Services will have a form you can complete to tell them how much you want to give each person. They will then charge it to your room and provide you with receipts. You put the receipts in these little envelopes that they provide and you are all set. I liked handing it to them personally...that's the best part.

We did ask our servers if they would rather have cash than us paying through the ship...they said it did not make any difference at all. So at least we know that. Have a great cruise!

:thumbsup2 Great trip!! Makes me all the more excited for our cruise in less than two months:)
Two months? OK, I hate you less because that will only be a short time until my next cruise. so you get a pass. Thank you very much! :)

DZ

I would like to point out, however, that the breakfast table shots were made complete, with the bottle of wine in them! I'm shocked that throughout your entire TR you kept insisting you weren't a "big drinker", yet on the last day's pictures, you let it slip! :rotfl: Oh ya, right.....it was there for your servers.....;)
It was! Really! It...er...well..ok...maybe....I admit I had a few drinks most every night. :) The funny thing is the wine is something our neighbors brought. Not sure why they never drank it. So that's their fault. I'm more of a beer guy (better check to see if I have a red neck (get it???). So that's their's! Really! Now...the next cruise as I mentioned, I fully anticipate some drunken evenings. Need to build up my tollerance.

I would also like to :cheer2: because you did finish the TR and you did finish it before I signed off for our trip! There were so many tips and other information that you so kindly shared with us, from deep within, and it's much appreciated. :goodvibes

In addition to being extremely excited in seeing how you plan on decorating our door throughout the cruise, I'm just as excited to read the TR that you write for us AFTER our trip ends!
You are most welcome. Apparently, though, according to you, I'll be in a drunken stupor most of the trip....so please ignore the fact that all the magnets on your door are cockeyed!

Awwww, you know you are gonna miss me.....you won't know what to do with yourself for the 12 days I'm gone. Your life will be so dull and just remember one important thing throughout that entire time period.

WE ARE THERE, HA HA, YOU AREN'T!!!!:woohoo::dance3:

:rotfl2:
Seriously. Prior to that last sentance I liked you and I was going to wish you a happy cruise. But now your just bein' mean. Ask DW, I'm very, very sensitive! :)

J/k. Have a great cruise...we look forward to, at the very least, pictures!

DZ

Seriously. Prior to that last sentance I liked you and I was going to wish you a happy cruise. But now your just bein' mean. Ask DW, I'm very, very sensitive! :)

DZ

Oh, who are you kidding! You aren't going to know what to do with yourself while I'm off lounging by the pool, soaking in the sun, eating crispy pizza, filling my "big gulp" at the soda machine, having large cups of ice cream, participating in all the games on board and dining in Palo. Oh wait, I forgot, we are dragging you onboard with us and you will be mirroring every step we take, taking copius notes in anticipation of the TR you will be preparing upon our return. Just make sure you get those door decorations changed daily!

Remember....... princess:

We pre-pay our tips for our cruise. It is easier to budget and then they are already covered BEFORE you go! You will have vouchers and envelopes in your cabin that you give out accordingly. We loved our restaurant servers so much on our last cruise, we added in a little "cash" as well. :)
Hope this helps and have a great trip!
Michelle

ooooh prepay! I like that even better! :thumbsup2

DZ - last few questions, I promise!! What time is the absolute latest you have to have your luggage out on the last night? If you leave your carryons in your room on the morning of debarkation to eat breakfast, do you know what the latest time you have to go back to your room to collect your luggage? Are the cabin areas banned after a certain time so that they can clean for the next batch of travellers? Aren't you going to miss all my questions? I'll be thinking of you and remembering your tips when we're on the Wonder next month. Thanks very much.

Thank you so much for your TR, I waited with baited breath for all of your installments and they were all great. It really make me look forward to my April 17th cruise. Thanks again.

:cool1::cool1::cool1:
Great trip report! Can't wait to go on our cruise in just over a week. Thank you for answering the questions and making us feel like we were there with you!

You have a really great family too!

:cheer2::cheer2:

DZ - last few questions, I promise!! What time is the absolute latest you have to have your luggage out on the last night? If you leave your carryons in your room on the morning of debarkation to eat breakfast, do you know what the latest time you have to go back to your room to collect your luggage? Are the cabin areas banned after a certain time so that they can clean for the next batch of travellers? Aren't you going to miss all my questions? I'll be thinking of you and remembering your tips when we're on the Wonder next month. Thanks very much.
I can't remember exactly, but believe it was 8:30, and then like when you board you are no longer allowed in those areas. You can hang out on Deck 9 (and get breakfast) or in any of the lounges on deck 3.

Of course I'll miss all your questions...and will think mean thoughts as you head out on your Wonderful cruise :) Just kidding, hope you have a great time, and hope my tips helped!

DZ

Thank you so much for your TR, I waited with baited breath for all of your installments and they were all great. It really make me look forward to my April 17th cruise. Thanks again.
That being the case, I'm glad you never passed out while waiting. I'm always concerned about my audience. As with above, I'll be thinking daggers toward you as you head out too! Just kidding! have a great cruise. :thumbsup2

:cool1::cool1::cool1:
Great trip report! Can't wait to go on our cruise in just over a week. Thank you for answering the questions and making us feel like we were there with you!

You have a really great family too!

:cheer2::cheer2:
Thank you, I enjoyed doing it. come back in July for my next installment! As the ship will be new to me...I'm sure I'll have more pictures and more to bore you....er..write to you about. :)

DZ

As mentioned earlier, I hate you because your going on the cruise. But I'll put that aside.

I honestly don't know if you can take open alcohol off the ship. I didn't see anything that said I couldn't do that. But I don't feel it's worth it to haul that home unless you are driving to/from the port. to haul that much beer would have cost alot...and although Southwest loves my bags...they might not like the mess. No, I didn't fly Southwest...but I thought that would be funny. Apparently not.

DZ

Yes, I am driving from the port and to be honest I forgot that some people have to board a plane after their cruise (spoiled, much?). I would hate to get to customs and have them tell me they have to throw my precious booze away when I could have given it to some CMs.

Yes, I am driving from the port and to be honest I forgot that some people have to board a plane after their cruise (spoiled, much?). I would hate to get to customs and have them tell me they have to throw my precious booze away when I could have given it to some CMs.

They don't look in your carry-ons as you are going off the ship, the only question they even asked us is whether we brought back any fruit or vegetables. I think you'll be fine carrying any alcohol off you want--whether open or not. We didn't even get charged for our excess purchased alcohol, even though I wrote it all on the customs form. Maybe our agent was bored and didn't care? Who knows. In retrospect, I wish I had bought more when we were at Wal-Mart. Paid $40 on my Visa (with a $6 foreign transaction fee, so $46) for 2 huge bottles of Kahlua, 1 large bottle of tequila, and 2 giant bottles of vanilla.

This has been a thoroughly entertaining TR. Thanks for taking the time to write it!

There were some earlier things I'd wanted to comment on, but I'll have to do that later, when I can go back and reread. Just sharing some information for you all:

1. Chip does not like to eat chocolate chip cookies, his name is easier to remember because his nose is the same color as a chocolate chip (whereas Dale's nose is tan). You can go by the teeth, but it's easier to remember by the nose color and chocolate CHIP :) Hope that clears THAT up for ya!

2. Wendy hasn't visited the Wonder in several years (or Alice, for that matter), so there hasn't been an Alice (or Wendy) tea party in several years on the Wonder! But since the Tea Party came back in December, it's been a “Disney Friends Tea Party”. So no one missed Alice or Wendy :)

3. Pictures with your own camera: as far as I'm aware, you can always take a picture with your own camera, as long as someone is there to take it. The photographers are really nice if you ask.

really enjoyed your TR! we were on the same cruise and our table was close to yours. we weren't overly joyed with our servers, but did see you all were having a great time! :thumbsup2 maggie took our group photo the last night in AP! i've been looking to see if our table would show up in any of your pics...it did...the last morning at breakfast...and, of course, we weren't there! we went to BBB. so funny, we told our servers we wouldn't be there for breakfast, yet i see they have our kids drinks on the table!! go figure.

thanks again for a great TR!

They don't look in your carry-ons as you are going off the ship, the only question they even asked us is whether we brought back any fruit or vegetables. I think you'll be fine carrying any alcohol off you want--whether open or not. We didn't even get charged for our excess purchased alcohol, even though I wrote it all on the customs form. Maybe our agent was bored and didn't care? Who knows. In retrospect, I wish I had bought more when we were at Wal-Mart. Paid $40 on my Visa (with a $6 foreign transaction fee, so $46) for 2 huge bottles of Kahlua, 1 large bottle of tequila, and 2 giant bottles of vanilla.

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup2

Sounds like you got your answer here...so your call on giving away the booze. My understanding is that the alcohol that the servers buy on the ship is cheap too...so I don't think it's a *huge* benefit to them to get alcohol...but a nice touch I think.

This has been a thoroughly entertaining TR. Thanks for taking the time to write it!

There were some earlier things I'd wanted to comment on, but I'll have to do that later, when I can go back and reread. Just sharing some information for you all:

1. Chip does not like to eat chocolate chip cookies, his name is easier to remember because his nose is the same color as a chocolate chip (whereas Dale's nose is tan). You can go by the teeth, but it's easier to remember by the nose color and chocolate CHIP :) Hope that clears THAT up for ya!

2. Wendy hasn't visited the Wonder in several years (or Alice, for that matter), so there hasn't been an Alice (or Wendy) tea party in several years on the Wonder! But since the Tea Party came back in December, it's been a “Disney Friends Tea Party”. So no one missed Alice or Wendy :)

3. Pictures with your own camera: as far as I'm aware, you can always take a picture with your own camera, as long as someone is there to take it. The photographers are really nice if you ask.

Good to know on Chip. Misinformation!

On the pictures...we didn't ask, but did see the group in front of us ask and they were very clearly told no. Now I'm not sure if that was because the camera person was grumpy or what. In past cruises (on the Magic), we have always used our own camera without issue. So I'm guessing this might be the change in vendors.

really enjoyed your TR! we were on the same cruise and our table was close to yours. we weren't overly joyed with our servers, but did see you all were having a great time! :thumbsup2 maggie took our group photo the last night in AP! i've been looking to see if our table would show up in any of your pics...it did...the last morning at breakfast...and, of course, we weren't there! we went to BBB. so funny, we told our servers we wouldn't be there for breakfast, yet i see they have our kids drinks on the table!! go figure.

thanks again for a great TR!
I'm so sorry! I know the feeling of the not so great servers. Were they just boring? or not great? Pretty funny about breakfast...I think they just get in a rut. And how having read Cruise Confidential...I think they all go on such a lack of sleep it is hard to keep things straight!

Thanks for the comments! :)

DZ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter