Mexican Rivera fears

Luliemouse

Avengers Assemble!
Hello!

I'm going with family on the Mexican Rivera cruise... I need help with calming fears about Mexico. :(

I need people to share their personal stories of getting off the boat...

We have three little ones, girl 5 and boy and girl 4

I need the good and the bad.... Just something to show them and calm their fears.

Thinking Cabo would be the most "Americanized" option. :headache:

HELP ME show these sissy's that there is nothing to be scared of!

Thanks in advance!
:thanks:

We went with my cousin and his wife in late Jan/early Feb. We stopped in Puerto Vallarta and twice in Cabo. We did not feel unsafe in the least. We arranged private tours after we got to the ports each time. We had a great time and wouldn't hesitate to go back.

Disney is not going to put it's passengers at risk. If a port is questionable, they will not be going there. That is why Mazatlan was removed from the itinerary. Though it most likely would have been just fine, there was a chance that a passenger could go somewhere tourists should not be and get in some trouble. So, the port was canceled.

BTW, we were traveling with 4 kids ages 2, 3, 4, & 5. We also would not have put our children at risk by going somewhere that was unsafe. We had a great time in both ports!

Hello!

I'm going with family on the Mexican Rivera cruise... I need help with calming fears about Mexico. :(

I need people to share their personal stories of getting off the boat...

We have three little ones, girl 5 and boy and girl 4

I need the good and the bad.... Just something to show them and calm their fears.

Thinking Cabo would be the most "Americanized" option. :headache:

HELP ME show these sissy's that there is nothing to be scared of!

Thanks in advance!
:thanks:

We visited the Mexican Riviera at the end of March. We have a 8 yr old boy and an 11 yr old girl. We all had a great time :yay:and never felt in danger while in MX:thumbsup2. Spent one day in Puerto Vallarta and two days in Los Cabos. Fun and safe!:)

If you stay in the tourist areas (near the port), you'll feel fine. If you venture off the beaten path, no guarantees

Honestly, there are much worse areas in Los Angeles.

We were on the 10 day MR cruise with our two kids and felt perfectly safe in all ports. I was concerned before we left but then once we were there we felt fine. There were lots of tourists everywhere and several ships in each port. Excited to go back next year!

Single Mum with a 12 and 13 year old. Did not feel unsafe at all. Got off at every port, and did a whale watching trip that wasn't a disney excursion, was just one I arranged at the port (and it was fab).

On our second stop at Cabo I got off myself and left the kids asleep on the boat! I just wandered around and didn't feel unsafe at all.

As others have said (and I've said myself on other threads like these) Disney are not going to put you in any obvious danger, and would not stop at these ports if there was an suggestion of them being unsafe, hence why they cancelled Mazatlan.

We took our 2 girls (6 and 10) in early February. We did the beach day in PV- and it felt very safe... every guest we talked to was American or Canadian! Didn't see any thing that made me feel uneasy. We absolutely fell in love with Cabo- one day we walked from the beach to the mall to the tender pier and never once felt uncomfortable. The vendors were slightly annoying- but we just kept moving and in a minute they were already on to the next folks. The ports are busy with cruisers- which made us feel better. EVERYONE basically was a tourist, so we didn't specifically stand out!

We were there in April. We did not have an excursion in PV (we've) been there before. We got off the ship walked around, took a taxi downtown, walked around some more on our own and the finally after walking halfway back to the ship took a cab back.

If you booked an excursion, I really don't think there's anything to worry about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter