• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mexican Rivera 4/15 1st time cruisers Any and all help wanted!

sjlnv

Mouseketeer
It is booked! We are going on a Disney Cruise to the Mexican Rivera. All recommendations and advice is welcome! We will be cruising as a party of 4, with 2 staterooms. We have a 9yr old Boy, 16yr old girl, Grandma, and Me, the mother! Grandma & 16yr old will be in their own room hoping to have a little more privacy.

I do have a few questions.
* I don't see anywhere on the site where it informs me of the day plans. How do I know if there is something go on on the ship when I want to be on a port adventure?
* How do I know if we have a pirate party? So I can bring costumes.
* What can't we miss? I just have a feeling that we will be pulled in so many ways, but I don't want to miss something awesome.
* Last, How many bathing suits does each person need?
Any other pointers are very welcome!

Thanks!
Sandi

* I don't see anywhere on the site where it informs me of the day plans. How do I know if there is something go on on the ship when I want to be on a port adventure?
* What can't we miss? I just have a feeling that we will be pulled in so many ways, but I don't want to miss something awesome.

Thanks!
Sandi

We just got back last Sunday from the Wonder--it was our first cruise and we had a great time!
*It seems that the days in port are very light activity-wise because they know most people will be on a port adventure, so I wouldn't worry about missing anything. When we stayed on the ship during the port-day we just hung out at the pool

*There will be a pirate party--I think ours was the first day in Cabo. Some people went ALL out--it was amazing. We didn't so much! But it was fun to see all the costumes.

*Don't miss the shows--I really enjoyed them. The performers do a great job. We enjoyed our scheduled dinners in the dining rooms--try to make them if you can.

*Palo brunch was very special--if you can make a reservation, do it!

*We only brought one set of suits, but I wish I had brought two since they didn't dry that fast.

I would recommend you reading over the trip reports section for the Mexican Riviera--I learned a lot by reading them and looking at the pictures. And I searched this board a LOT and copied posts onto a word document that I printed out and brought on the trip. It was very helpful.

Have fun planning!

It is booked! We are going on a Disney Cruise to the Mexican Rivera. All recommendations and advice is welcome! We will be cruising as a party of 4, with 2 staterooms. We have a 9yr old Boy, 16yr old girl, Grandma, and Me, the mother! Grandma & 16yr old will be in their own room hoping to have a little more privacy.

Thanks!
Sandi

PP has covered all your questions quite well.

I will add, one big thing to remember, don't try to do it all. It can't be done. We've done 5 DCL cruises (including a 24-night B2B) and there are still things we haven't been able to get to. That's one reason we keep coming back :laughing:

Each night, with your nightly turndown service, you will receive the Navigator (daily paper). In there they will list all the things that are available to do each day. Bring along highlighters for the people in your party to mark what things they would like to do. But don't set it in concrete. Be flexible. Sometimes it's nice just to sit and watch the sea roll by.

:cutie:

I agree with Merryweather. They don't schedule many exciting/ not to miss activities during port times. They know people want to go ashore. So, go ahead and choose whichever excursions you want and don't worry about missing anything.
Which dining time do you have? If you have late dining, be careful about booking an early morning excursion. You may not feel like getting up for it.

Yes, there will definitely be Pirate night so go ahead and bring your costumes if you want to wear them.

We were ok with one swim suit each. In general we were either dressed for dinner or in our swim suit cover up, shorts, T shirts. I brought too many dressy casual 'for inside activities' outfits.

Also, have you checked over on the Cruise Meets board for your sailing? It's fun to make contact with people ahead of time that you will be cruising with.

:cutie:

Thanks!
Sandi

There are copies of Navigators out there. Just search for them and you will find ones to print out and SEE what goes on each day. Very helpful to get an idea of what to do and what not to miss. Again, there isnt a ton to do while people are off on excursions but plenty of EMPTY ship time to swim and enjoy quiet time. Movies, swim, nap etc. Dont over do it... I know it sounds hard, especially your first cruise. We tend to want to see it all, but there is a lot to be seen. So just take your time. I would suggest to not miss anything to, in the morning first thing, you will be given a new navigator for the day with the activities available. Bring a highlighter and mark what you would LIKE to do. And go with the day, you may miss some activities. Its over load to squeeze too much in.

There is a pirate party, but to MAKE SURE, check the navigator the week prior to your cruise. It will show if they had one or not. Just plan on it. Remember, the costumes do take room. We tend to go ALL out for pirate night. Really fun to be mistaken for Cast Members! ;)

What not to miss.... Definately the Adult comedy. They are pretty funny. ESPECIALLY the one on the LAST night!!!!! Not to be missed. The Cast Members act out a really funny skit. And I wouldnt miss trying out the spa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter