• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mexican restaurants

ShesALovebug

Just trying to soak up all the knowledge here to p
Can anyone recommend a good, family friendly Mexican restaurant? We'll be there end of April, beginning of May during my daughter's birthday. She'll be turning 8. Not looking to go to City Walk or Epcot. Just something local.

Thanks.:sunny:

That is one restaurant that is lacking around here:(
Our favorite is San Jose's Mexican Restaurant in Clermont. It is up HWY27. About 20 minutes from Disney. It is great! They also have kids eat free on Sundays if you go then.
The other one we go to sometimes is El Tenampa, it is about 10 minutes down 192 from Disney.
There is also one called Rio on 192 that is about 5 minutes away, but we have not tried it yet.
If you are looking more for tex mex...Chuys is new and on 192 closer to HWY 429.
I hope this helps:)

That is one restaurant that is lacking around here:(
Our favorite is San Jose's Mexican Restaurant in Clermont. It is up HWY27. About 20 minutes from Disney. It is great! They also have kids eat free on Sundays if you go then.
The other one we go to sometimes is El Tenampa, it is about 10 minutes down 192 from Disney.
There is also one called Rio on 192 that is about 5 minutes away, but we have not tried it yet.
If you are looking more for tex mex...Chuys is new and on 192 closer to HWY 429.
I hope this helps:)

We are definitely going Sunday since that's her birthday. I'll check them out thanks :)

I've heard there's a good one in the Hunter's Creek called Habaneros. Another option is Chuy's (one on 192 and one on I-Drive close to Sand Lake) that has a free nacho bar between 4-7pm M-F. Never been to Habaneros, but Chuy's is decent for a chain.

I'm a local; there's a hole-in-the-wall restaurant called Border Grill near Universal that is fantastic. You can look at reviews on Yelp. It's nothing fancy but the food is wonderful.

Sister family is hardcore Mexican restaurant patrons and when at Disney they go to El Tenampa down 192 from Disney.

Can anyone recommend a good, family friendly Mexican restaurant? We'll be there end of April, beginning of May during my daughter's birthday. She'll be turning 8. Not looking to go to City Walk or Epcot. Just something local.

Thanks.:sunny:
We ate at don paublo's on I- drive and it was good

We like El Patron which is just a few minutes from DTD by Steak and Shake and Giordano's pizza. They have a great happy hour and grooupon or Living Social may still have a deal. We used one a few months ago and discovered that they also have a great happy hour.

I'm voting a third for Rocco's Tacos!
We went when dd and I were in Orlando a few weeks ago. We sat at a waterside table in the evening. The atmosphere is pretty cool. They have tableside guac guys who make it exactly to your liking, served with either plain or flavored chips. I ordered 2 spicy beef tacos (you can order as many or as few as you like, quite a few varieties).

Another option is Chuy's (one on 192 and one on I-Drive close to Sand Lake) that has a free nacho bar between 4-7pm M-F. Never been to Habaneros, but Chuy's is decent for a chain.

We went to Chuy's out by Four Corners, and loved it. Very tasty, lots of variety, and a great place for our kids.

I'm a local; there's a hole-in-the-wall restaurant called Border Grill near Universal that is fantastic. You can look at reviews on Yelp. It's nothing fancy but the food is wonderful.
Hmm. Making mental note. We'll be staying onsite at Universal for four nights. THanks. :)

Just down the road past Downtown Disney there are a lot of restaurants and one of them is a Mexican place called Chevy's. We went on our last trip, and I enjoyed it. It looked to be a fun place and we had a great server that night. Without traffic, it's a 5 minute drive from WBC... though we learned quickly to avoid the Downtown Disney area and all the hotels there by heading straight onto the I4 and getting off at the next exit. There's also a place called Sweet Tomatoes in the same area that we didn't get to check out that we will for sure be heading to this trip. My husband's favourite - Joe's Crab Shack is also down that road a bit. I used Google Maps to locate all these places on our trip a couple years ago, as I was curious to see what was around that area, and was pleasantly surprised to find a lot of good restaurants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter