Mexican restaurants?

Simbee3

DIS Veteran
Hubby is a really big mexican food fan, and I would like to make sure that he can get to one while we are in Orlando. Any suggestions for anything in or near the Disney area?

Although it's not "real" Mexican, CHevy's (Tex-Mex) is good- hey anyplace with good tamales is good with me- it is on 192 in Kissimmee. It is a chain but food is always good- fresh tortillas too. San Angel Inn in Epcot is pretty good- the mole poblano is the best and great margaritas too.

There's also a small chain down there called Amigo's. I ate at the one on I-Drive in May 2007 and it was closed when I went in January 2008. I thought it was good and I'm a Mexican food fan. There are other locations around the area, but I'm not sure if those are still open. Maybe some locals can tell us if it is or not.

Oh I forgot, there is another Chevy's at Lake Buena Vista, near Downtown Disney.

It isn't in or very near property but the best Mexican in Orlando is P.R's Taco Palace in Winter Park. We think it's well worth the drive.

John

Which one of the mentioned Chevy's is closer for Windsor Hills residents? The one on 192 or the one in the Crossroads shopping centre?

Another vote for Vallarta Mexican Restaurant.

Another vote for Vallarta. We went there during this vacation (just got back today).

Excellent food and service--plus the 2 for 1 margaritas aren't a bad thing either.

There is also a restaurant called 'Salsa' at the Florida mall that has pretty good Mexican food. Also Tijuana Flats is really good (not a sit down restaurant, you order at the counter and they bring the food out to you). They also have a hot sauce bar there. The closest location to WDW would probably be the Hunter's Creek location on John Young Parkway.

And, the Chevy's on 192 is closed. It's been closed for a few months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter