Mexican or Coral Reef?

Alfiegeorgina

Earning My Ears
Looking for somewhere in the Epcot/Boardwalk area to precede the dessert party at Illuminations and have sort of narrowed it down to these two.

Any thoughts? With a 3yo and 8yo (we will have already done every single character dining experience on offer so definitely a regular restaurant).

And also the sit down or CS Mexican, which is better? The CS menu appeals more to me, but we usually go for TS...

I've posted my opinion of Coral Reef enough times. :sad2:

I really don't like the limited offerings at the CS Cantina. Plus, it can be difficult to get a table if you are eating any time in the evening. People will hog the tables and chairs for ages, wanting a seat for Illuminations.

Which TS restaurant are you looking at? San Angel Inn is the one inside the pyramid. Go there if you are more interested in the scenery. La Hacienda is the one on the water. We like the food better there.

I've posted my opinion of Coral Reef enough times. :sad2:
Same here - I'm starting to feel like a broken record.

I would eat light counter service before the dessert party. You're paying a lot for the party; do you really want to show up too stuffed for dessert?

Reactions: Kae
I haven't seen anything about Coral reef or I wouldn't have asked. Sorry.

I was looking at the Hacienda one.

Honestly, re dessert party we are paying for somewhere out of the crowds to watch Illuminations, so whilst we will have an early dinner and not order dessert, equally we are not bothered about getting value for money in the amount of desserts we manage to eat, it is more to save our 3yo from crowds and waiting around in them.

I'd stick with Mexican. Coral Reef wasn't absolutely terrible when we went; however for the price it definitely wasn't worth it.

We've not eaten at any of the Mexican restaurants in Epcot (it's on the plan for our next trip) but I can tell you Coral Reef is our very least favorite restaurant in WDW......our experience was awful and the food wasn't any better!

Thank you, I really appreciate your feedback and will go with it and stick to Mexican!

Re the 2 Mexican restaurants, I can only find one TS - am I being a bit dim?

I would try Sunshine Seasons or Eating around the world Showcase.

Kae

Yep 3 restaurants in all
1. Cantina de San Angel. - CS
2. San Angel Inn. - TS
3. La Hacienda de San Angel. - TS

from
...we are paying for somewhere out of the crowds to watch Illuminations, so whilst we will have an early dinner and not order dessert, equally we are not bothered about getting value for money in the amount of desserts we manage to eat, it is more to save our 3yo from crowds and waiting around in them.
OK. I can relate to this as Disney event crowds are rather rude when it comes to families with very young children. Been there and done it. We use to hang out in many of the areas that are now dessert party areas. Sort of shame on you Disney as they made revenue streams where families took refuge from your rude Disney crowds. We would say do the Mexican as over the years we did not find the seafood to be as fresh as your would expect from a Florida location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter