metrolite

Pinkgirly

Mouseketeer
Has anyone used a graco metrolite in the parks? I found one for a good price and was thinking of getting it to use on vacay. DD will be 10 months when we go and we will be using buses.

It's been almost 6 years, but I used one in the parks when DD was 14 months. It was bulkier than an umbrella stroller, but not too terrible to get on and off the buses with. If you think you could get away with a decent umbrella stroller, I'd go that route rather than the metrolite.

I think it's a great choice for a 10 month old. Full recline for naps, room underneath, plau a larger shade canopy than most umbrella strollers.

We exclusively used our Graco Metrolite stroller for every Disney trip from the time our first son was born, five years ago. It's been on trips with us every single year, and is a wonderful stroller. A bit heavier than an umbrella stroller, but by far the features a previous poster discussed far outweigh any drawback of a bit of extra weight.

I'm not sure if you're looking at a new or used one, but since I've had our second son (four weeks ago), I've been pricing new Metrolites, and I have to tell you, the newer models still have the same great features, but are a bit smaller, less bulky, and lighter in weight. They seem to steer a bit better as well. Amazing how far things come in five years! :thumbsup2

We LOVE our MetroLite, and have used it on numerous Disney trips. It's perfect: good sized basket, reclines for naps, snack tray for the little one, drink holders for the parents, easy to steer, and folds pretty flat, and isn't too hard to lug on and off the busses. I used it for my older son until he didn't need it for naps anymore, and will be using it next month for my just turned one year old. LOVE IT!!

We got a Metrolite when DS3 was born and we used it on a couple of WDW trips (when he was 5 mos and again when he was 9 mos). It was good for napping and had great storage, but it was a bit bulky for me (esp on the buses). I then bought a Peg Aria, which I loved. I thought it was the perfect WDW stroller. We used it from when DS was 18 mos until our last trip at 3.5 yrs old.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter