Metro New Orleans DISers - check in!!! - 09/2009

Mornin' y'all!

I just went out to feed the cat, and guess what? IT'S STILL COLD!!! Ughh!!!! Just waiting for that warm weather to arrive....:rolleyes1

Erik has a ped checkup this morning, so hopefully that will go well. I'm bringing Sienna with us to "help out", so hopefully that goes well too! I just hope she gets that we are there for Erik, not her, and doesn't start to freak out when she sees the dr office.

Well we are SUPER bad, because we added one more day onto our trip. :rolleyes1 We are now leaving one day early and staying that night at ASMovies. We both felt bad about switching to CBR because that was for the grownups, lets admit it, and Sienna won't get to see the Toy Story theme at ASMovies that she loves so much. So we added our arrival night to be at ASMovies, then switch to CBR the next day. Eases our guilt, and that's one more day at Disney for me! :cool1: And I got the room at 25% off, even better! (y'all know how much I love a bargain!)

Lori- They lost your dvds too?!! Oh no, there would be hell to pay- don't mess with my dvds (especially the Disney ones!). Since the items lost are so random, it does sound like a pallet was misplaced. I hope they find it! (or that least you get well compensated!!) And all of this bug killing talk would kill poor Todd! :laughing:

Good morning. I started a reply last night but lost it and I didn't rewrite it. Now I forget what I was planning to say. I wanted to comment to everyone.

Lori, I can't believe you're missing that much stuff. I hope it is resolved soon.

Serena, no I haven't even started yet.

Have a good day!

Lori, I'm sorry your stuff is missing also. I know moving is stressful. Praying for strength for you to get through all of this:hug:

Kat, how are you feeling today?

Cara, shows you how quick things can happen. I hope he is feeling better today.

Serena, its getting close!! I'm excited for you to be working closer to home!!

Lorie, Sienna is so funny!! I'm happy for ya'll to have an extra day on your trip. The kids are going to love it. Even though Erik is little, I know something will catch his eye there and he will be so excited!!

I visited my in laws yesterday. Father in law is home now and I brought them some homemade soup and salad for their dinner yesterday. He looked good, but I know he was tired and in some pain. Thanks again for the prayers.

Hey y'all,

Okay, so here's a Sienna haha to lighten the mood....I was doing laundry earlier and had hung up one of my bras to dry. Sienna picked it up and said "good Lord, what is THIS?!" with a totally incredulous yet slightly disgusted look on her face. :rotfl: I hear the unedited verbiage only gets better at the age of four....:lmao:

Oh my goodness! :lmao::rotfl2: I love the "good Lord" part! She is hilarious!
Yes Lorie, four is going to be really interesting in your house!

Mary, Thanks for the hug! :hug: I'm glad that your FIL is home!

Cara, Thank goodness it was only a bad knock in the head. My SonIL Josh broke his arm, falling out of the top bunk. He & his brother were rough-housing & it got out of hand.

Kathy, Glad you're no longer wired!

I've got to go find some kind of outfit for A, we need to make the child look like Nancy Reagan for a school project tomorrow. Of course she'll need something red & this year her Christmas Dress was black & white. Arrgh.:mad:

Lorie - Congrats on adding another day to your trip! I hope Sienna and Erik make out well today.

Mary - I'm feeling OK. Glad to hear FIL is doing well.

I forgot:

Lori, I'm really sorry about your lost stuff! What are they saying about finding it?

Lorie, I love that you are compromising for Sienna's sake! ;):thumbsup2

The dr visit went well! Erik is still a big guy, 23 lbs, 28.5 in, but is starting to thin out a little bit. Sienna at his age was 23lbs 9oz and 28 in long, so a little rounder than he is. :) Sienna was helpful, but insisted that the dr do everything to her that she was doing to Erik (checking heart, ears, etc) because "it was fair" and showed her several phantom boo boos. Thank goodness we have a patient dr ;). The dr saw fluid in Erik's ear, but it is not infected :confused:, so we have to keep an eye on that. Since it is not infected, she gave no antibiotics. I'm afraid that in a couple of days that it will be infected and we'll have to head back over there. I wish she would've given him a prescription, just in case.

Kathy, glad you're feeling better.

Mary- I'm glad your FIL is home.

Sheryl- Nancy Reagan? That seems kinda weird....I can't imagine what costume you would do for that? :laughing:

What we have to go through for our kids, huh? ;):rotfl:

Us Moms will do anything! ;)

That's a PITA that the dr didn't give you a prescription! If he has fluid, it's likely it will become infected. :mad: That's funny that Sienna wanted to be checked out! If she needed too, she would have had a fit. :confused3

This whole President project that A has to do is ridiculous! She has to write a report including dates & 3 accomplishments of the President. Also do a poster & dress like either the President or his First Lady. Not only does she have to write it, but be able to get in front of the class & read the report! This is 1st grade!!! :upsidedow Chris is having a time, trying to figure out, how to have her write this, understand it & be able to read it. How does a 1st grade explain Reaganomics & the fall of Communism. Then get this part of the grade will be on "Eye Contact"! WTH! :upsidedow

I have the outfit. We're borrowing a slim red & white dress from her cousin. I have some pearls (Pearls say First Lady right?) & a couple of hats we'll try out. I'm thinking she is going to struggle with the report, but dressing up part counts for 15 points, so we'll do our best.

Sheryl- I'm speechless that she has to do a report of that magnitude in first grade! :eek: I think they expect way too much from kids much too young now. I'm glad you found an outfit!

The dr saw fluid in Erik's ear, but it is not infected :confused:, so we have to keep an eye on that. Since it is not infected, she gave no antibiotics. I'm afraid that in a couple of days that it will be infected and we'll have to head back over there. I wish she would've given him a prescription, just in case.
Maybe she could phone in the prescription to the drug store since she had just seen him so recently? That would be a big help to you.

Hi Y'all. I wanted to say thanks so much for the birthday wishes!!! We were at the camp and it takes 30 minutes to load 1 page-UGH, so I only check my emails in case there's a letter from Rie and I happened to see the Facebook birthday wishes. Tim and I are home for the weekend and going back to the camp on Sunday. It's been great for my peace of mind as a get away.
Rie has sent emails and she has a very positive attitude. It seems like forever until I'll see her again. Hopefully, she'll finish before our scheduled Disney trip. If not, then maybe I can get either Tim or my SIL to come with me, then Rie and I can plan another trip after the Harry Potter opening at Uni.

Hi gang.

Julie I'm glad you're enjoying your camp.

I spent most of today resting at home...I was really tired.

It was a beautiful day. I hope it continues so I can enjoy the weekend.

Wow Lorie...no meds when fluid is present; how does he expect the fluid to drain???

Mary I'm glad your FIL is on the mend.

Kristina hope you get better soon.

Lori how are you enjoying your new black appliances?

Lauri it was good to see you today.

Bethany get to packing my friend. ;)

Lorie, I know you know, but keep an eye on that ear. I am sure Erik will let you know when and if he is uncomfortable but a prescription would have been good. You don't just get fluid in the ear. Grrrrrr

Lori, sorry for not giving you the heads up earlier. But I will go on the record in saying the roaches in Florida are much worse in Louisiana in the crafty department. I don't like them either. I have plenty of funny stories but I'll keep them to myself for fear of freaking you out.

Mary, trust me how I know things can change in a moment. If it can happen, my kids find a way to do it. Fletcher was hit by a car, Logan was attacked by a neighbors pit bull, Spencer falling 5 feet straight on his head... there are more but those are the biggies. Luckily, none of those incident caused serious harm but they were all OMG moments in my life.

Julie, glad you had a happy birthday. I hope Rie can make your trip

Yay to you Lorie on the extra night in Orlando. Smart move!

Bethany, hope you are packed and ready to go.

Sheryl, that is just crazy for first grade. It is good for parents bragging material (you know the kind of parent.. My kid did....) but not much more. Hope she does well and makes all kind of "eye contact" :rolleyes:

Kat, glad you are not all wired up now. Hope it all goes well when you get the report.

Hello again - I've been MIA.

Feb. was not a good month for me. (big understatement)

I fell in the bathroom (slipped on some paper on the tile floor). I didn't break anything but got pretty banged up and almost bit through my upper lip which was very painful.

Just as that was healing (about a week later) I got bit on my upper lip by my dog. He's not an aggressive dog at all. I can take food out of his mouth. But I startled him when he was asleep in my bed which frightened him, and he snapped as he woke up.

Wrong place, wrong time. My upper lip was almost shredded. It has been SO painful. I went to the ER plus I saw a plastic surgeon. It has to heal completely before they can go back and fix it. It looks much better now - really just one place that was ripped all the way through.

This has been really traumatic. Because it was so raw and swollen I couldn't really tell how bad it was going to look. I had visions of my upper lip being horribly deformed. The pain was really bad. It hurt to talk, breathe, eat, etc. I was on vicodin until this past week when I decided that I should not take anymore. I was in AGONY the past few days. It felt like a bad burn with salt poured on it. (better today)

Plus the keyboard went out on my laptop so I've had to use this old keyboard. Not that I felt much like being on the computer - but it was really hard to use the keyboard and then have to move it so I could use the touch pad on the laptop (mouse stopped working too).

I got out today for the first time in ages. I bought a cable to transfer my stuff to another computer and got a new mouse. I don't even try to post when using my iphone.

Hope all are well. Tomorrow I will try to catch up on my reading the past 10 pages of this thread.

I really wish I could have been in New Orleans for Mardi Gras. This is the first one I've missed since Katrina.

My new condo has this really old carpet. I planned to replace it eventually, but now it has blood stains all over it too!

Lorie, I know you know, but keep an eye on that ear. I am sure Erik will let you know when and if he is uncomfortable but a prescription would have been good. You don't just get fluid in the ear. Grrrrrr

Lori, sorry for not giving you the heads up earlier. But I will go on the record in saying the roaches in Florida are much worse in Louisiana in the crafty department. I don't like them either. I have plenty of funny stories but I'll keep them to myself for fear of freaking you out.

\

wait. they are worse in Fl or La???
I got a bugman. He works for Disney. I am hoping he is a bugman for Disney cuz then I KNOW he'll do a good job of keeping them under control.
No, I do NOT want to know any stories about roaches. My head is full of nightmares about them anyway and I get frantic looking all around me for them. I wish God would just take them away for ME:laughing: and all the others with phobias about them.
I think it all started for me when I was about 12 and taking a bubble bath-running up and out of the tub naked down the hallway- remember I am the oldest of 4 with 2 brothers right below me in age. I am sure they remember it too.:rolleyes1
When I used to babysit and saw one, I would call my dad to come over and kill it for me. I think that happened 2-3 times. It especially freaks me out when they are on the ceiling.:eek: ewww getting the willies..........

Hello again - I've been MIA.

Feb. was not a good month for me. (big understatement)

I fell in the bathroom (slipped on some paper on the tile floor). I didn't break anything but got pretty banged up and almost bit through my upper lip which was very painful.

Just as that was healing (about a week later) I got bit on my upper lip by my dog. He's not an aggressive dog at all. I can take food out of his mouth. But I startled him when he was asleep in my bed which frightened him, and he snapped as he woke up.

Wrong place, wrong time. My upper lip was almost shredded. It has been SO painful. I went to the ER plus I saw a plastic surgeon. It has to heal completely before they can go back and fix it. It looks much better now - really just one place that was ripped all the way through.

This has been really traumatic. Because it was so raw and swollen I couldn't really tell how bad it was going to look. I had visions of my upper lip being horribly deformed. The pain was really bad. It hurt to talk, breathe, eat, etc. I was on vicodin until this past week when I decided that I should not take anymore. I was in AGONY the past few days. It felt like a bad burn with salt poured on it. (better today)

Plus the keyboard went out on my laptop so I've had to use this old keyboard. Not that I felt much like being on the computer - but it was really hard to use the keyboard and then have to move it so I could use the touch pad on the laptop (mouse stopped working too).

I got out today for the first time in ages. I bought a cable to transfer my stuff to another computer and got a new mouse. I don't even try to post when using my iphone.

Hope all are well. Tomorrow I will try to catch up on my reading the past 10 pages of this thread.

I really wish I could have been in New Orleans for Mardi Gras. This is the first one I've missed since Katrina.

My new condo has this really old carpet. I planned to replace it eventually, but now it has blood stains all over it too!
:scared1:

Wow!!! I am so sorry about your Feb. Goodness I cannot complain.:hug:

I hope you are feeling better very soon:hug:

We are probably gonna have to start completely over in the gardening dept. The banana trees are pushing into the screen over the pool and the pool guy and the handy man say they are not good for being around pools b/c they get so big and give off too much shade and cause the pool to get greener faster, plus the fronds will cut the screen.
AND now that I know we have roaches here, I want it all AWAY fom touching the house.

Lori

Good morning!

I just checked in to my flight for tomorrow morning to DISNEY WORLD!!! :dance3::dance3: I got "A" boarding group for Southwest. :woohoo: I've never flown them before but knew about the check in 24 hours ahead thing for "A" boarding from the DIS. On Sunday I'm going to do the Princess Half Marathon! :scared1: I've never done something like this before so I'm a bit nervous but I'm sure I'll do fine because I did 10 miles last Sunday in 2 hours, 20 minutes, (14 min/mile pace) and this Sunday I'll have 3 hours, 30 minutes to do 13.1 miles (you have to maintain a 16 mile pace). Plus, it's the Flower & Garden Festival at Epcot! :cheer2:

Okay...gotta go to work! Have a great day everybody!

Tricia - I'm so sorry to hear about your horrible February. I'm keeping you in my prayers that your lip heals quickly.:hug:

Bethany - Good luck and have a safe trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter