Metro New Orleans DISers - check in!!! - 09/2009

Nope, doesn't seem that way. There were two gray Camrys, one a total and one not, and they confused the two. :mad: I am just royally ticked after having gone through all of this. He was hemming and hawing a lot on the phone- he knew they screwed up! He still has to give me the repair totals, which doesn't really matter since I just have to pay the deductible. This also stinks because I have been without a car for two weeks now, and will have to be without a car for at least another two weeks while they fix DH's car. At least it's cold outside so I would be going stir crazy anyway from being a house hermit.

We added car rental to the insurance, after doing without a car after an accident. I hope the car comes out good & you get it back quickly!

We added car rental to the insurance, after doing without a car after an accident. I hope the car comes out good & you get it back quickly!
That's another thing- I could have SWORN that I had rental insurance. I added it years ago! But after looking at the policy, nope, its not there! I have no idea what happened there...:confused3

Lori- I'm sorry you still can't get into your house! I know about those FHA rules- our original loan for this house was FHA and it took forever to close! But once it finally happened, it was all worth it to get the house. Sounds like y'all are keeping yourselves entertained though!

oh and I have a question for you contact lense wearers.

I have been wearing them for just over a year now and it's been a great experience. My eyes started getting red right before the move and I put it off to lots of crying a rubbing my eyes and so I threw those out (it was time anyway)and wore my glasses till after the move. So about 5 days ago I put new ones in and my eyes turned beet red again within hours- so I took them out and waited for my eyes to get better. After about 3 days of white eyes, I put a new set in- and by the end of the day they were beet red. I am washing my hands beforehand and keeping as sterile as possible, but I look VERY scary right now. I am really upset b/c I really like contacts and hate my glasses but spent my insurance allowance for the YEAR(2010) on contacts (you can get a new pair of glasses a year or buy contacts with the money~ and my glasses are 3 or 4 years old), but I have thrown out a pair and kept a pair I should throw out- that's 2-3 months worth!! I have been wearing them for 4-6 weeks max this past year with NO problems!

Thank you ahead of time if you have any answers for me.

My next thing is to hit up DD's pediatrician from home(whom I had grown close to and have her cell, but am prudent about it, I've only called her once) and beg her to send me a scrip, IF she can since it is across state lines.

Lori

Lorie-I am so sorry!! What a PITA!! I would be disappointed also, esp if you "saw" what you'de be getting and how it would work for your family.

Sheryl- I am praying for some warm sun to shine strong- it IS cold today. I guess though, like Disney can say in summer, so many of the attractions and things to do are INside and you can be cool or warm, depending on time of year.

We were in Downtown Disney last night with DH's boss and co worker who was here for the dance competitions. We had dinner at Cap'n Jacks and that made my kids happy! Of course, I booked and planned it b/c they all know me as a Disney freak;):rotfl:

DH is working fm home today and to 'get out of his hair' we are going to a movie in DD. One thing that a fellow homeschooler mentioned about living down here and homeschooling is that the police are never gonna question why your kids aren't in school- that is a definite plus! Not that has ever happened to us.

As much as we missed watching the parade last night and FB and the NOLA Dis was soo abandoned b/c of the parade- we had a fun time last night. We are gonna look for the parade on WWL, but we saw a few personal pics on FB.

I have been on so much b/c other than our outing last week, we've been really cooped up. DH finally got his car so I am free to go if I need too. He's been having the car.

We have to find a Petsmart and post office today also.

My mom's birthday is Friday and I have YET to send her gift!

See ya-Lori

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers- we are very frustrated about not being able to close on the house this week. I cannot tell you how much we all want our own beds now. Week 1 was like a vacation and now we just wanna go home- at least have our own beds! We are going to sneak a look at the house again- we are very eager to get in there.
FHA has tons of new rules coming out all the time and each time it changes a rule we need to sign something saying we know about it and then we gotta wait 48 hours after they get the paperwork back- and before they add some new rule. Our financing has been done and complete and ready to go for 2 weeks now! Congress is still in session and we are praying they make NO more changes! I wish they'd all take a vacation for a week till we close!

Oh dear!!! I'm sorry I know how much you want to get in there! FHA does always slow things down. I'll pray for patience!

Glad you have 2 cars now!

If you're in a planning mood, you can help me think of things to do in Disney when it's freezing outside!

That's another thing- I could have SWORN that I had rental insurance. I added it years ago! But after looking at the policy, nope, its not there! I have no idea what happened there...:confused3

Lori- I'm sorry you still can't get into your house! I know about those FHA rules- our original loan for this house was FHA and it took forever to close! But once it finally happened, it was all worth it to get the house. Sounds like y'all are keeping yourselves entertained though!

We've had them take off rental also! Probably because it's cheap & benefits us more than the ins. co. ! GRRRRRRrrrr!

Lori, Are the contacts exactly the same as the ones you had been wearing. Brands made a big difference to me. I couldn't wear anything but B&L. I'd get "pink eye" so bad I'd need the rx drops for it.

We got back from Miami yesterday afternoon just in time for the parade. But we were so tired, we bailed after the first 4 or 5 floats. We should have stayed because the city was in gridlock and we didn't get home for hours anyway.

The trip was worth every penny we paid and much, much more! What an experience! We arrived in Miami early Saturday afternoon and after checking into our hotel we headed to South Beach to meet up with my cousin and her husband (who also were lucky enough to be able to purchase tickets to the game per the ticket lottery). Stupid me forgot the camera back at the hotel so no pictures, darn it. One thing that really surprised me was the overwhelming presence of Black and Gold everywhere you looked. My cousin's husband Harold estimated about 30 to 1 of Saints to Colts fans. There was a club called Fat Tues Day that had a big Who Dat sign and was blasting out Saints songs. We had a ball! Another place had a huge WHO DAT NATION sign all across the front of the building. I hated to leave.

We left extremely early for the game, about 11:30 in the morning. Mike was worried about traffic and parking and navigating our way in a strange city. But he insists we leave 3 hours before games at home and we live 20 minutes away from the Dome.....hehe. Parking was $60! Yikes! And the parking lot was about a mile and a half from the stadium. There were little bicycle rickshaw thingies that seated two passengers and the driver would ferry you to the stadium for $30 a person. We said no thanks, we would walk. :-)

There were fan experience areas set up to while away the time before the gates opened. Unlike South Beach the day before, there was a lot more blue showing up. I was really getting nervous about the game and couldn't wait for it to start. One thing I was worried about was whether we would be seated near other Saints fans or would we be right in the middle of Colts fans in enemy territory. I needn't have worried. Our section of the stadium was predominantly Who dat fans! Whew! A few Colts fans scattered here and there but there were so many Saints fans around us it almost seemed like a home game at the Dome. Lots of high-fiving, lots of cheering, hugging and crying. Lots of Crunk!!!!

I was also SO happy to find that they were playing our music just like at home. After we scored, they would play When the Saints Go Marching In. After the point after, they would play Second Line. And while we were getting ready to kick off, Stand Up and Get Crunk! Even after the music stopped at kick off, the Who Dat Nation continued to sing. It was amazing.

After the presentaion of the trophy, they started playing some New Orleans music. Iko Iko and Professor Longhair. What a night! Mike said, "I'm not leaving! They'll have to kick me out of this place." :-) I'll remember this for the rest of my life and be so thankful that we were there! But I must say, I was a little disappointed that I couldn't be home in New Orleans also. I wish there was a way I could have been in both places at the same time. :-)

Jan, That sounds fabulous!! I'm so happy you were able to experience it!!! :banana::goodvibes

They are estimating the crowds yesterday at more than 800,000!

Another couple of stats to add to the Destiny of the number 44:

Benson graduated in 1944
When the Saints took over on downs there were 44 seconds left in the game

Spooky!

Hubby and I are so excited and proud of our team that we got Fleur De Lis tattoos this week:thumbsup2

Just wanted to pop in and say.........

GEAUX SAINTS!!!!!
SaintsFlag.gif

saints.jpg

Where did you go for the tattoo? I told my husband a long time ago that if the Saints ever won the Super Bowl, I was getting a fleur de lis tattoo. He hates tattoos and figured he was pretty safe.....hehe. I turned to him at the game and told him, I'm getting my tattoo!!!" :-)

How big is the one you got?

Lorie – I am so sorry you’re dealing with the insurance nonsense. Prayers coming your way that it is all sorted out very soon.:hug:

Lori – Hoping you get into your house soon, nothing like getting into your own bed at night.

Jan – Sounds like y’all had an awesome time! Those memories you will cherish forever.:goodvibes

If anyone didn't see the Saints parade on TV last night, Fox 8 is re-airing it following the 9:00 news tonight.

Jan - sounds like you all had a great time!!

Lori - :hug: I understand wanting your own bed. I hope it happens soon!

Lorie - Geez, I'd be pretty p.o.ed with the insurance company right now. I'm sorry about all that. I hope Sienna is feeling better.

Kat and Sheryl - I hope the weather warms up a bit for ya'll next week. I know I'm pretty sick of the cold weather right now.

Mary - glad you're feeling better.

Julie - anything from Rie lately? I'm keeping you all in my prayers that this all works out for her.

So yesterday around 3:20, the office building I work in activates the emergency alarm. My first thought is that no way am I walking down stairs at this point - then music starts playing - Halftime Stand up and get Krunk to be exact. Over the building emergency alarm system. Gotta love the Saints spirit!!

Where did you go for the tattoo? I told my husband a long time ago that if the Saints ever won the Super Bowl, I was getting a fleur de lis tattoo. He hates tattoos and figured he was pretty safe.....hehe. I turned to him at the game and told him, I'm getting my tattoo!!!" :-)

How big is the one you got?

We are in Picayune and I got my tattoo at a local shop here in town. I'm sorry I don't know who to recommend in New Orleans. I've heard that Jack and Dianes in Gulfport, MS is really a good place to go for a tattoo.

My Fleur De Lis is about 2 1/2 inches tall and it is on my right side - I will admit that it HURT on the side. I have a small tat on my ankle that didn't hurt at all but the side was pretty sensitive. Hubby got his on his calf and a friend of mine got one on her back after we got ours - LOL I have a feeling that there are going to be alot of Fleur De Lis tats this year:)

As much as we missed watching the parade last night and FB and the NOLA Dis was soo abandoned b/c of the parade- we had a fun time last night. We are gonna look for the parade on WWL, but we saw a few personal pics on FB.

lori,

Go to fox8live.com. They have their whole parade coverage on video on their website. It's in 5 parts.

They had the best coverage out of all the channels.

Hi gang....I GOT THE JOB!!!!! :yay::yay:

I'm so excited and sad at the same time. I had to tell my team members today and it was not easy....tears were shed. :sad1:I hate to leave them because we worked so well together but this is what's best for me and my family right now.

Lorie I'm sorry about your insurance fiasco. I too would be p'od! Wow I would even file a complaint with someone above this person.

Lori yes there's nothing like your OWN bed...after sleeping in hotels for the past year I can attest to that.

I can't believe we're about to have sleet and snow tomorrow....:confused3

The parade last night was AWESOME but scary. There were people in droves
everywhere. :scared1: Aly and I watched it right in front of my office building
which was at the beginning of the parade. We still didn't get home until 930 or
so. The traffic was at a stand still for at least 1.5 hours so we waited in my
office.

I'm so excited for you guys who are heading to Disney this weekend. I wish I was going as well.

Mary glad to hear you're feeling better.

Lorie how's Sienna?

My shoulders have been hurting off and on since last night. I'm not sure why; nothing seems to help. :( could this be stress related?

Serena - :yay: I'm so happy for you!!!!!!

Michelle - I'll try and not be ugly but that parade was SAD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aafEL1mZxSg&feature=related

The other link didn't work for me. But this one did....what a luxury to have so much personal space. :rolleyes1

and this video had this comment (from 2007):
Its really cool to see Bears fans showing the Colts respect. i must say you folks from Chicago have showning nothing but class. congrats on a good season and best of luck next year.
- Joe
Indianapolis, Indiana

The Indy fans were having fun at their parade though. :thumbsup2 That is actually a fairly typical Championship parade.

Thanks for posting the info for the televised parade tonight. I'm going to watch it. :thumbsup2

I need to read back to comment.

Serena, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:thumbsup2

Lorie, don't you hate it when they put idiots in charge of important stuff?? I'm so sorry that happened to ya'll. :hug:

Jan, I enjoyed reading your post about the game. Very special memories of that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter