Metro New Orleans DISers - check in!!! - 03/2010

Glad to see y'all haven't abandoned this thread completely.

I for one would be sad to miss the updates since I don't see myself joining FB, but understand.

Well now we have no excuse, you cannot be left out!!!!!! I have some sad news....Kyle was pitching in a scrimmage game on Saturday and injured his rotator cuff or so we thought. The UNO docs ordered an ultrasound and a MRI, they now suspect an irritated lymph node. They're expecting him to be out two weeks which pretty much knocks him out of a shot to be in the starting rotation. He's a VERY sad young man.:sad1:

Did I miss a Facebook group??? Know I haven't technically "met" you guys, but I too enjoy the posts and asking for advice!!! :-)

I don't have a clue how the facebook message group stuff works but I will see what I can find out.:goodvibes

Did I miss a Facebook group??? Know I haven't technically "met" you guys, but I too enjoy the posts and asking for advice!!! :-)

You will receive a message from one of the gals here on facebook and that will be the new message thread!:goodvibes

Well, not wanting to be selfish, but I'll take the blame for this not dying!

I completely understand if it takes any of you a while to check in.

Aw, I'm disappointed for Kyle, but glad it's not a serious injury. Have the doctors indicated this is just a temporary thing and not indicative of something more serious? Praying that he gets his rest (and fills up on Mom's great cooking!) and is back to fighting form quickly!

Had to take the back roads in this a.m. because of frozen elevated roads on I10. The trip home should be interesting now that it's starting to rain/ sleet.

Y'all be careful out there! Stay cozy!

Morning Monique !!!

Girl join f.b. LOL , don't worry about adding anyone but us on it. You can even put it private private private so no one can find your name, just we will have it ! You don't have to put up pics or post any info.

I have a friend driving in from Houston today , well maybe , we shall see if she makes it. I tried to discourage her a bit , but knowing her she will still drive in. She is a stuntwoman , she tends to do risky things all the time. lol

Well, not wanting to be selfish, but I'll take the blame for this not dying!

I completely understand if it takes any of you a while to check in.

Aw, I'm disappointed for Kyle, but glad it's not a serious injury. Have the doctors indicated this is just a temporary thing and not indicative of something more serious? Praying that he gets his rest (and fills up on Mom's great cooking!) and is back to fighting form quickly!

Had to take the back roads in this a.m. because of frozen elevated roads on I10. The trip home should be interesting now that it's starting to rain/ sleet.

Y'all be careful out there! Stay cozy!

I'm thinking the coaches, trainers and doc don't feel this is as serious as we thought, however, as a mom I won't rest until I know for sure. Thanks for the prayers.:hug:

Morning Monique !!!

Girl join f.b. LOL , don't worry about adding anyone but us on it. You can even put it private private private so no one can find your name, just we will have it ! You don't have to put up pics or post any info.

I have a friend driving in from Houston today , well maybe , we shall see if she makes it. I tried to discourage her a bit , but knowing her she will still drive in. She is a stuntwoman , she tends to do risky things all the time. lol

Monique - PLEASE take Jen's advice and join fb, we REALLY want you there and it can be done privately.:goodvibes

Please PLEASE Please Monique. Join facebook. Even if it is just to stay with us.

I am enjoying this superbowl game. It is nice not being on pins and needles the whole time. I think even if our boys in black and gold were playing it would be a let down because it couldn't live up to last year anyhow. The only sucky thing is I gotta work tomorrow.

resurrecting this thread to check in on my WB pals...

I worry about y'all in severe weather, but when your neigborhoods make the NATIONAL news I get more than concerned! Then, WWL's reporting hail, tornadic winds, 3-5 inches of rain overnight in Marrero / Harvey / Lapalco @ Manhattan + street flooding...I knew I needed to see how all of you fared!

Hope no one had any significant damage - tree limbs or hail! Granted, we needed the rain. It just makes me sad that the beautiful blooming azaleas are going to be shredded. Everything was sooo pretty!

So...everybody OK???

It was a very scary night. I've never heard a hail storm like that in my life. The worst part was that Kyle was on his way home from UNO and ended up stalling in flood water. Luckily there was someone to help him push his car to a parking lot. When the storm eased up and the water receded the car wouldn't start but Johnny got him home thank God. I was terrified knowing he was stranded out in that storm. We have a lot of flooded streets and downed power lines but we are all safe.

Thanks for checking in on us.:hug:

The early a.m. shift guys on WWL said the hail coverage was pretty widespread. Glad to hear K made it home safely. Poor kid - I hate to hear he stalled trying to drive through flash flood areas! That was always a fear of mine when I worked uptown.

We had a big t-storm blow up early yesterday afternoon, but no hail. Similar weather woke me up @ 3am - lots of lightning. Hope everybody else out there is OK!

OHH - Just noticed your ticker! How long will y'all be there in May? We might be there at the same time!

Hi! I'm fine! We didn't get a lot of hail or very high winds in my immediate area. (I'm in Algiers.) The only "damage" I have is the garage took in a little water and some boxes of paper, notebooks, and folders got soaked. So, very minor issue and I am grateful for that.

Belle Chasse has some wind damage, and the water on the side of the road is quite high. Thanks for thinking about us! :grouphug:

Glad you guys are ok! I really need to watch the news! How are you Monique?

The early a.m. shift guys on WWL said the hail coverage was pretty widespread. Glad to hear K made it home safely. Poor kid - I hate to hear he stalled trying to drive through flash flood areas! That was always a fear of mine when I worked uptown.

We had a big t-storm blow up early yesterday afternoon, but no hail. Similar weather woke me up @ 3am - lots of lightning. Hope everybody else out there is OK!

OHH - Just noticed your ticker! How long will y'all be there in May? We might be there at the same time!

The scariest part for Kyle was when the four "strangers" were running up to his car to help him he thought they were going to assault him.

We'll be at BWV 5/20-5/28. Will y'all be there then??????

Bethany, I was worried about you & Cara as well since I know some of the main roads y'all travel regularly take on water so easily. Y'all be careful!

It's sad that Kyle was worried about his Good Samaritans, but I'm glad he was wary. I know of too many college-aged kids who wouldn't dream of that as a possibility.

Cool! We'll be at POFQ for a week, arriving on the 23rd! Does that mean I'll have to go all the way to Orlando to finally catch up with you again? ;)

Hey Julie! Were your ears burning this weekend? DH needed to make his monthly "donation" to Steve's in LaPlace for aquarium supplies. Apparently your DH's project came up in the course of conversation about filters & skimmers. How is the aquarium going? Hope all is well now that Mardi Gras madness is over.

The scariest part for Kyle was when the four "strangers" were running up to his car to help him he thought they were going to assault him.

We'll be at BWV 5/20-5/28. Will y'all be there then??????

That would be scary! It reminds me of a similar experience.

Bethany, I was worried about you & Cara as well since I know some of the main roads y'all travel regularly take on water so easily. Y'all be careful!

Awww, you're so sweet! :hug: I moved from an area that was notorious for street flooding to actually living on a slight slope. Now, all the water just goes past me down the street. I have no idea where it all ends up, but I'm glad it's not in front of my apartment like the last place! The river road does have a few spots to watch out for, but traffic was light so I just went around them.

Kristina was in Belle Chasse last night and had to go to Marrero. She called me to ask me where the water sits. It was, as expected, in all the usual spots! :rolleyes:

We are on the Westbank where a lot of damage occurred. My son is out of school(Belle Chasse Academy), so I guess he didn't mind the storm too much. Wal Mart on Manhattan is damaged so I guess I'll have to go to the one on Lapalco and Barataria. Glad everyone is ok.

Hey Julie! Were your ears burning this weekend? DH needed to make his monthly "donation" to Steve's in LaPlace for aquarium supplies. Apparently your DH's project came up in the course of conversation about filters & skimmers. How is the aquarium going? Hope all is well now that Mardi Gras madness is over.

The tank is great! We bought some LEDs that Tim has to install when he has time. It was my Christmas present but it has become a joint hobby- goodie! Tim cannot fuss at me for spending money because he spends more than I do! There's a nice saltwater shop in Matthews across from Wal Mart called Coral Fever. Seth and Angelle have a huge assortment of corals and some beautiful fish. Whenever Tim has some time he says, "I'm going to ask Seth about the tank." then he always comes home with some kind of new fish or coral :rotfl:. Y'all check it out when you go home to visit.

Seth & Angelle have a shop?! Oh, my! I've seen pics of some of their stuff, so I bet their shop is great (but don't tell DH I've said that)! Let's see how long it takes DH to suggest heading "home"...:rolleyes1 Actually, he was in the area yesterday. I'm surprised he didn't take a detour and come home with a frag or two!

Hope all you Westbankers have dried out today! Wasn't expecting this cool blast to accompany those storms. Glad to hear the power's back on around Manhattan - that must've been one heck of a mess!

Sheryl - Less than a month left to BabyWatch, right? Do know I've got y'all in my prayers. Sad I missed you last Saturday.

Cool! We'll be at POFQ for a week, arriving on the 23rd! Does that mean I'll have to go all the way to Orlando to finally catch up with you again? ;)

I'll e-mail you a copy of our itinerary and we'll see if we can plan a hook-up! I can't believe how many folks I'm going to see on this trip. 6 meets and counting!!:cool1:

We are on the Westbank where a lot of damage occurred. My son is out of school(Belle Chasse Academy), so I guess he didn't mind the storm too much. Wal Mart on Manhattan is damaged so I guess I'll have to go to the one on Lapalco and Barataria. Glad everyone is ok.

Hi! Glad to hear you made out OK!

Seth & Angelle have a shop?! Oh, my! I've seen pics of some of their stuff, so I bet their shop is great (but don't tell DH I've said that)! Let's see how long it takes DH to suggest heading "home"...:rolleyes1 Actually, he was in the area yesterday. I'm surprised he didn't take a detour and come home with a frag or two!

Hope all you Westbankers have dried out today! Wasn't expecting this cool blast to accompany those storms. Glad to hear the power's back on around Manhattan - that must've been one heck of a mess!

Sheryl - Less than a month left to BabyWatch, right? Do know I've got y'all in my prayers. Sad I missed you last Saturday.

Their shop is small as far as sq ft but there is a long shallow tank filled with corals and other livestock. Then there are tanks with fish. I have to quit posting about it because it's making me want to take a ride down the bayou.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter