Metro New Orleans DISers - check in!!! - 03/2010

:laughing: I have a friend who lives in Abu Dhabi and her status is "I rode a camel" Guess it is the season for friends riding exotic animals :confused3

There is one bridge I cross everyday (Woodland Bridge) that I don't think you would like either. I have never been on the Luling bridge, but I have seen it and not rushing to cross it anytime soon. The one bridge I hate, but do drive more than I would like is the Huey P. Long. That is a white knuckler for me.

:laughing: on the camel.

Ugh Woodland Bridge. I love the view from the top but the bridge itself is a little :scared:. The Huey P. has been okay for me so far, but I haven't been on it with a train going by.

I've never seen this Luling Bridge y'all are talking about. Methinks it's time for a road trip.

I used to get strep throat as an annual event growing up also. I got it on a trip once too. Made for a miserable time.

Mimi came out of the surgery fine. She is in recovery and the dr. thinks he will have her walking by tomorrow. She is a tough lady for being 93 years old.

:hug: That is great news! I'm so glad! :cheer2:

Goats!!! I miss a few weeks and all sorts of things happen.

I arrived in nola last night - 4 months after I left in December. My car started. The first thing I did was to go visit my dear friend who lives at Woldenberg. She has been to ER and almost died twice in the past 6 weeks but thankfully was doing well today.

I almost killed myself getting on that bridge to get back to the city. I don't have a toll tag so I had to cross over about 5 lanes of traffic (going very fast) to get to one where I could pay.

I really don't like bridges. I hated back when the Causeway was two lanes. I used to go home with my boyfriend (McComb) for a lot of weekends, and I would just freak out on the bridge part of the trip.

Sorry for the illnesses. The good thing with the kids is that they may be building up some immunity for when they are older. I used to get strep or bronchitis every single fall for decades - but now I never do.

Hope Mimi is recovering well Mary.

I had to laugh about the cartoons. When my sister was in high school she used to spend the night with her best friend whose father was the president of our local university (Little Rock University). My sister and her friend's dad - the college president - watched Pink Panther cartoons together.

My lip still hurts a lot from the dog bite - but it doesn't look too bad. It's the little dog on the left that bit me. He was startled and snapped. He was almost as traumatized as me. For two weeks he sat in the corner and just shook like a leaf.

tricia

Mary- glad things went so well

Cara-hugs for you and Logan- I was also hoping to hear better things for him today

I posted a video on Fb that you all would crack up at. Every time my kids go under water or jump off the edge, the dogs go nuts. I videoed it today- I thought it was funny.

Had an EARLY day, the kids were VERY productive and momma wasn't so productive. I am just not a morning gal!

Tricia- glad to see you are back and hoping you heal up just perfectly. Both you and your pup muct have been spooked by the whole thing!

Lori

There is one bridge I cross everyday (Woodland Bridge) that I don't think you would like either. I have never been on the Luling bridge, but I have seen it and not rushing to cross it anytime soon. The one bridge I hate, but do drive more than I would like is the Huey P. Long. That is a white knuckler for me.

You ought to try backing down it! Many years ago, when I was still a spring chicken and not that experienced a driver, there was an accident on the Huey P. involving an 18-wheeler. I was near the top of the bridge, crossing from the WB to EB....you know how it curves all the way up? After sitting there for an endless period of time, I was approached by a policeman who was telling all the drivers that the truck was leaking gasoline down the bridge and we would all have to back down to the bottom. WHAT???? I was almost crying I was so nervous. I hugged the side so closely that my tires kept scraping the curb. I had a terrible crick in my neck by the time I got down and was shaking like a leaf. If it ever happens again, I plan to just abandon the car and turn the keys over to the policeman....hehe.

Back then (early 1970's) I lived in Westwego and worked in Harahan so I spent a lot of time on the Huey P. Narrow. Did you know that when you are stopped completely on the bridge but traffic is flowing on the other side, that the whole darn thing bounces? Just like a ride at WDW. :laughing:

My lip still hurts a lot from the dog bite - but it doesn't look too bad. It's the little dog on the left that bit me. He was startled and snapped. He was almost as traumatized as me. For two weeks he sat in the corner and just shook like a leaf.

tricia

Poor little guy, hope you heal quickly.:hug:

I posted a video on Fb that you all would crack up at. Every time my kids go under water or jump off the edge, the dogs go nuts. I videoed it today- I thought it was funny.

Just went to see it, too funny!!!!!!!:laughing:

Thanks Kathy, it was funny that it never got any better, no matter how much consoling we did.

I used to cross the Huey P a lot myself. I lived in River Ridge growing up and babysat my cousin's baby at her home in Westwego 2 times a week.
I am not a fan of it, although I am not scared, and it is VERY freaky to be stopped or on it when a train goes by- the thought of plummetting into the Mississippi from that height.....:eek::sad2: Now Haley has crossed it once with me, and she all but unplugged her seatbelt to be close to me, she was completely freaked out!

I went walking this morning before Paul left for work. I need to lose weight. Now I am in Florida, I gotta have the body, right??? hahaaaaa:lmao:that'll never happen without surgery, but at least I can try to look like a better me. I really wanna go to the beach without wanting a moomoo to cover myself up.:rolleyes: My biggest thing is coke and all this darn Easter Candy. A coke a day is my coffee; my sugar and caffiene. I do not like coffee, and I REFUSE to do aspartame(diet drinks), although every so often I throw one of those drink packets into my water bottle and some of those have aspartame. I have tried the stevia cabonated drinks- some are ok. But soo expensive. I want COKE brand with stevia by Whole Foods. Wonder how that would be? Am I being too demanding?
My hubby has a worse issue with coke and so not having it around could be good for us.
I am not the biggest fan of a plain water, so I may be trying the old bed and breakfast water-cucumbers and lime in the water-yummmmm

Have a wonderful hump day!

Lori

Hey y'all,

Mary, That is great news about Mimi! :goodvibes I hope her recovery is an easy one, she sounds like quite a lady!

Tricia, Happy to see you back here! We've missed you.:hug: I'm glad your lip is doing better.

I don't know if it's my age, or since the invention of humongous suv's but Huey P scares me now. Years back I didn't bother me a bit. Even had to drive across it for my 1st driving test. I think it's that my car is wider & passing big suv's & trucks it really doesn't seem like enough room.

p.s. Pool decisions are made!! Thank the Good Lord for that, I was going nuts. We're going with a blue brown tile, it's kind of old world rustic, then taupe brick coping & the stamped concrete will be in an ashlar slate pattern in colors to mimic travertine. I'm just glad that's over.

Hey y'all,

Mary, That is great news about Mimi! :goodvibes I hope her recovery is an easy one, she sounds like quite a lady!

Tricia, Happy to see you back here! We've missed you.:hug: I'm glad your lip is doing better.

I don't know if it's my age, or since the invention of humongous suv's but Huey P scares me now. Years back I didn't bother me a bit. Even had to drive across it for my 1st driving test. I think it's that my car is wider & passing big suv's & trucks it really doesn't seem like enough room.

p.s. Pool decisions are made!! Thank the Good Lord for that, I was going nuts. We're going with a blue brown tile, it's kind of old world rustic, then taupe brick coping & the stamped concrete will be in an ashlar slate pattern in colors to mimic travertine. I'm just glad that's over.

Ok, your last paragraph describing the pool area is all like another language to me-BUT I cannot wait to see it done! it sounds pretty and I think blue/brown tile sounds gorgeous- the rest eludes me!

How long will it take?

Lori

Ok, your last paragraph describing the pool area is all like another language to me-BUT I cannot wait to see it done! it sounds pretty and I think blue/brown tile sounds gorgeous- the rest eludes me!

How long will it take?

Lori

Lori, I went look at your pool pic again. On your pool the coping & the deck seem to be all of the same material & I can't tell what that is made of. The deck is the area you walk on, the coping is the deck area that surrounds the pool edge & around the top of the spa. Like the edge around your planter area.

Sounds beautiful! I can't wait to see pictures.

Thanks! Julie it's only 2 1/2 weeks until your vacation! :cool1:

I just posted a pic on FB with the tiles. Also put up some Easter pics.

We hope! We're supposed to find out early next week if Rie is finishing her program by our scheduled vacation date of April 26th. Because we're not sure of the exact dates, I scheduled trips from the end of April through the 3rd week in May. I cannot wait to see her again!!! They are returning today from a week long canoe trip on the Suwanee River.

Sheryl, it is all cement- just really clean bright white cement. The pool has these cool fishy and crabby tiles and blue tiles around edge like on planter.

I need to make a ticker...........be right back!

Lori

Thanks Kathy, it was funny that it never got any better, no matter how much consoling we did.

I miss my Sammie so much, I love looking at anything with doggies, makes me smile.:goodvibes

We hope! We're supposed to find out early next week if Rie is finishing her program by our scheduled vacation date of April 26th. Because we're not sure of the exact dates, I scheduled trips from the end of April through the 3rd week in May. I cannot wait to see her again!!! They are returning today from a week long canoe trip on the Suwanee River.

I can only imagine how much you miss your girl, what a reunion that will be.:hug:

Sheryl - I'm glad the decisions are all made, now the fun part is that much closer.:thumbsup2

like my tickers????:goodvibes

I am with Kathy, riesmom, I bet you are just so happy about your upcoming vacation and I hope it all works out perfectly for you!

Lori

I miss my Sammie so much, I love looking at anything with doggies, makes me smile.:goodvibes

I can only imagine how much you miss your girl, what a reunion that will be.:hug:

:hug: It's hard when our furry family members die.

I start crying when I think about hugging her again. It will be fabulous!!!!

like my tickers????:goodvibes

I am with Kathy, riesmom, I bet you are just so happy about your upcoming vacation and I hope it all works out perfectly for you!

Lori

Thanks sugar!

If we're not in Alabama or FL when you come in, maybe we could have a DIS meet and I could see everybody!!!:yay:

Good morning.

Cara, how is Logan today? I hope he is doing better.

Lori, my dog Jackson does the same thing when the kids go under the water. I think he gets nervous because the kids go under water and doesn't understand where they went:confused3 One day the kids were in the pool for most of the day, and Jackson kept running around the pool continously. The running and piveting made his paws bleed and I had to take him to the vet to get his front two paws bandaged up and a "cone of shame" put on him to stop him from getting to his paws.

Tricia, good to hear from you. I am glad your lip is healing, but sorry its still hurting.

Sheryl, I am excited for you with the pool plans.

Yesterday, Mimi sat up in a chair in her hospital room. She is in pain, though. Its going to be a long road for her.

Happy Thursday guys. All is well with me; I've been laying low this week. Thank goodness this is my last work day of the week. :thumbsup2

Mary glad to hear Mimi is on the mend. I hope the pain subsides soon.

Cara please update us on Logan.

Sheryl I like the colors you've chosen for your pool.

Yes Lori I love your tickers. :)

:hug: to Kathy and Jenny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter