Metro New Orleans DISers - check in!!! - 03/2010

Cara - I feel so bad for Logan - I used to get strep throat every year in middle and high school. It is nasty, nasty, nasty. One year I had it for Thanksgiving - that really sucked. :headache:

Bethany - stubborn sinuses - I can't say I'm surprised. Have they done a culture and sensitivity? Maybe you need a different antib. I'm sure there must be some resistance by now, since you've battled it so long. Also, I take it that Anabelle did ok with her boosters?

Kristina and Mary - :hug::grouphug:

Jezzie dumped water on my keyboard today and now the "O" key is sticking. So if I'm missing a few O's in the near future, just sprinkle some in for me.

My grandma called today and gave me the "I don't know how I let that slip, I guess I must be old." I wanted to say something. I wanted to say something really not nice...really bad. But I kept my mouth shut. She didn't like that I didn't say anything, but that was the best I could do.

Dad also called this morning saying he's worried a lot of people won't show up b/c mom doesn't make effort to go to other people's things and keep up connections. Um, duh. I told him that when he first said he wanted to have a party. I tried to make the analogy that it would be like trying to throw me a party in two weeks when my closest friends all live out of town, but he cut me off - saying he wouldn't try to throw me a party, b/c I don't like those kinds of things. :eek: :confused3 :sad1: Ummm, who doesn't like parties? No, I don't rock out at their social occassions and parties, b/c those are THEIR friends, and I'm only there to be polite and show up as the good daughter. But, really? Who IS this man and how can I be related to him? :confused3

hugs for Mary and her family and Jamie :grouphug:

miss you guys and need to get out soon... even if ya just want to come hang out here :)

Hey gals!

Mary- praying for your grandma and family

Cara- hope your baby is feeling better today

Bethany- you never know.............:laughing:

Ya'll I am gonna post this on FB but goodness! does it smell good down here right now. I think it is the orange blossoms, but just walking outside, mostly at night and early morning- wow- it hits you immediately. I went to pick up some of a new friends kids this morning(for her 1st day at Disney) this morning at 6:30 am and driving down 27(we live off of 27)-WOW! Tons of orange groves and strong smell of blossoms of something- so we're guessing it is orangr blossoms

Lori

Cara, how's Logan today? Poor little thing. I hope he feels better today.

Kristina,:hug: I wish this would get resolved peacefully for you. I can't believe he's putting you and your daughter through this.

Jamie, families can be fun, huh? All I can tell you is just remember this and when you have children, DON'T repeat this behavior. I'm sorry about some of your family:hug:, but I think in your mom's own way, she'll really appreciate what you are doing for her.

I will be going to the hospital a little later on this morning. Erica has today off and we will visit DH's grandmother. Thanks for the prayers.

Jamie- come to my house for that informal get together:goodvibes:laughing:. we had no family here yesterday, but all transplanted Floridians- and it was as close to family as it could be! I will be thinking of you in your planning and on the day of the party!:hug:

Lori

Lori, I saw your pictures on facebook. Your pool looks great! It looks like everyone had a great time.

I can't cross the CCC anymore because the for some reason the the overhead beams make me dizzy and I mean dizzy enough to almost pass out. So now I have to cross the bridge in Luling.

Now, that bridge scares the heck out of me. I'm so used to a bridge with a framework that makes me feel secure. The Luling bridge feels too open....I feel too exposed and vulnerable. Especially approaching the bridge from the River Road on the West Bank. That curved approach really freaks me out. I have to close my eyes until we get to the top and on the bridge......I'm not the one driving, of course.....hehe. And the dark color seems so ominous and stark. Can you tell that I REALLY don't like that bridge? :eek:

Hey y'all,

I'm sorry I am so far behind & lost.

Mary, Prayers being said!

Jaime, :hug:

Cara, I hope Logan is feeling better!

Lori, That sounds wonderful! Have fun today!

Jan, The Luling bridge scares me too!

We had a very nice Easter. The weather was great & the crawfish delicious!

Just getting back from hospital. They took Mimi (dh's grandmother) into surgery at 4pm. I had to get home and let the dogs out and get dinner ready for the kids. My mother-in-law said she would call when Mimi was out of surgery.

Thanks again to all of you for the prayers.

Just getting back from hospital. They took Mimi (dh's grandmother) into surgery at 4pm. I had to get home and let the dogs out and get dinner ready for the kids. My mother-in-law said she would call when Mimi was out of surgery.

I've been praying for her and all of you, please update us.:hug:

Now, that bridge scares the heck out of me. I'm so used to a bridge with a framework that makes me feel secure. The Luling bridge feels too open....I feel too exposed and vulnerable. Especially approaching the bridge from the River Road on the West Bank. That curved approach really freaks me out. I have to close my eyes until we get to the top and on the bridge......I'm not the one driving, of course.....hehe. And the dark color seems so ominous and stark. Can you tell that I REALLY don't like that bridge? :eek:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Thanks for that bit of information!

She continues to be in my prayers.

I am going to read back a few pages. I've noticed that I missed a lot.

DH's grandmother, who is 93 years old, broke her hip earlier today. She is in the hospital now and it looks like they will operate on her as early as tomorrow night. This is the grandmother who recently lost her husband after 71 years of marriage.:sad1: Please keep her in your prayers.

Prayers being said. Thanks for the update.

My friend's facebook status is "Rode an elephant yesterday..." :eek:

I guess that is what one does when they go to Laos and Cambodia for Spring Break. :confused3
:laughing: I have a friend who lives in Abu Dhabi and her status is "I rode a camel" Guess it is the season for friends riding exotic animals :confused3

Cara - I feel so bad for Logan - I used to get strep throat every year in middle and high school. It is nasty, nasty, nasty. One year I had it for Thanksgiving - that really sucked. :headache:

Jezzie dumped water on my keyboard today and now the "O" key is sticking. So if I'm missing a few O's in the near future, just sprinkle some in for me.

My grandma called today and gave me the "I don't know how I let that slip, I guess I must be old." I wanted to say something. I wanted to say something really not nice...really bad. But I kept my mouth shut. She didn't like that I didn't say anything, but that was the best I could do.

Dad also called this morning saying he's worried a lot of people won't show up b/c mom doesn't make effort to go to other people's things and keep up connections. Um, duh. I told him that when he first said he wanted to have a party. I tried to make the analogy that it would be like trying to throw me a party in two weeks when my closest friends all live out of town, but he cut me off - saying he wouldn't try to throw me a party, b/c I don't like those kinds of things. :eek: :confused3 :sad1: Ummm, who doesn't like parties? No, I don't rock out at their social occassions and parties, b/c those are THEIR friends, and I'm only there to be polite and show up as the good daughter. But, really? Who IS this man and how can I be related to him? :confused3
Here are some extra O's ooooooooo
I used to catch strep like crazy too... and always the day before we were leaving on a vacation. It does suck.
Sorry about you dad. Sean's mother is like that too... so thinks she knows him and what he is about, but so off the mark.

Cara, how's Logan today? Poor little thing. I hope he feels better today.

Kristina,:hug: I wish this would get resolved peacefully for you. I can't believe he's putting you and your daughter through this.

Jamie, families can be fun, huh? All I can tell you is just remember this and when you have children, DON'T repeat this behavior. I'm sorry about some of your family:hug:, but I think in your mom's own way, she'll really appreciate what you are doing for her.

I will be going to the hospital a little later on this morning. Erica has today off and we will visit DH's grandmother. Thanks for the prayers.

I wish I could report that Logan is doing better... but it doesn't seem to be the case. He struggled through school today. He can't get the shot since he is allergic to penicillian. He just got a Z-pack. I hate them as they rarely work, but my experience with them had only been with ear infections before. The doctor had told me to only give him 3 of the five pills, but so far, he has had three, so I think we will finish them. I am mostly worried about the muscle and joint pain, but he still won't eat anything so even though he isn't complaining about throat pain, I think it is still bothering him. I will be calling the doctor tomorrow to see if I can get him a note to limit PE and permission to ride the elevator until he is better.

There is one bridge I cross everyday (Woodland Bridge) that I don't think you would like either. I have never been on the Luling bridge, but I have seen it and not rushing to cross it anytime soon. The one bridge I hate, but do drive more than I would like is the Huey P. Long. That is a white knuckler for me.

I wish I could report that Logan is doing better... but it doesn't seem to be the case. He struggled through school today. He can't get the shot since he is allergic to penicillian. He just got a Z-pack. I hate them as they rarely work, but my experience with them had only been with ear infections before. The doctor had told me to only give him 3 of the five pills, but so far, he has had three, so I think we will finish them. I am mostly worried about the muscle and joint pain, but he still won't eat anything so even though he isn't complaining about throat pain, I think it is still bothering him. I will be calling the doctor tomorrow to see if I can get him a note to limit PE and permission to ride the elevator until he is better.

That poor boy, I feel for him and continue to pray for him.:hug:

Hugs and prayers for Logan and for you Cara:hug:.

That poor boy, I feel for him and continue to pray for him.:hug:

Hugs and prayers for Logan and for you Cara:hug:.

Thanks... we need them right now. He really has me worried right now, but it will teach me to google strep complications. I have never seen any of these things with any other strep infection. It is really weird. However, I had really bad skin after a nasty case of strep in middle school so I guess the apple didn't fall that far from the tree!

Thanks... we need them right now. He really has me worried right now, but it will teach me to google strep complications. I have never seen any of these things with any other strep infection. It is really weird. However, I had really bad skin after a nasty case of strep in middle school so I guess the apple didn't fall that far from the tree!

I'm sorry. I was hoping he would be doing better today.

Mimi came out of the surgery fine. She is in recovery and the dr. thinks he will have her walking by tomorrow. She is a tough lady for being 93 years old.

Mimi came out of the surgery fine. She is in recovery and the dr. thinks he will have her walking by tomorrow. She is a tough lady for being 93 years old.

Great news Mary!!!

Prayers answered.:hug:

Prayers being said. Thanks for the update.

:laughing: I have a friend who lives in Abu Dhabi and her status is "I rode a camel" Guess it is the season for friends riding exotic animals :confused3

Here are some extra O's ooooooooo
I used to catch strep like crazy too... and always the day before we were leaving on a vacation. It does suck.
Sorry about you dad. Sean's mother is like that too... so thinks she knows him and what he is about, but so off the mark.

There is one bridge I cross everyday (Woodland Bridge) that I don't think you would like either. I have never been on the Luling bridge, but I have seen it and not rushing to cross it anytime soon. The one bridge I hate, but do drive more than I would like is the Huey P. Long. That is a white knuckler for me.

Thanks for the O's. :)

:hug: for Logan. Ug, I HATE the Huey P. Fortunately I rarely have occassion to use it. Even when I lived in Jefferson and was close to it, I still went round to CCC. I did cross the Luling bridge quite a bit after Katrina when we were back and forth from Houma a lot. It wasn't too bad. Huey P. is just scary, especially when there's a train going too. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter