Pork Roast, rice and gravy
English pea salad
Deviled eggs
asparagus

Blueberry snow (dessert)
Chocolate covered strawberries
Carrot Cake
lemon pie
Chocolate Yummy which is a pudding type thing lol.
Can you tell we like dessert LMAO ??

Unfortunately my dentist and I are seeing way too much of each other and there is no end in sight. I've been having sensitivity to heat and cold in a tooth for 5 days so I went in this afternoon. Turns out the tooth that I had crowned in February is the culprit, may need a root canal. He’s got me on an antibiotic and pain meds for a week and if that doesn’t work I’ll be getting another root canal. I guess the positive part is that I won’t be getting it while on vacation in WDW.:sad2:

We decided to stray from the normal Easter menu this year:

Deviled eggs
BBQ chicken
Mediterranean steak kabobs
Bobby Flay's southwest style potato salad
Prosciutto wrapped asparagus
Lemon cheesecake

Jenny - Your menu sounds awesome!!!!:thumbsup2

Unfortunately my dentist and I are seeing way too much of each other and there is no end in sight. I've been having sensitivity to heat and cold in a tooth for 5 days so I went in this afternoon. Turns out the tooth that I had crowned in February is the culprit, may need a root canal. He’s got me on an antibiotic and pain meds for a week and if that doesn’t work I’ll be getting another root canal. I guess the positive part is that I won’t be getting it while on vacation in WDW.:sad2:

Deviled eggs
BBQ chicken
Lemon cheesecake

You must post recipe for the steak kabobs, that sounds delish!!!

I know it is alot of desserts , I may drop the carrot cake, but it is Easter I simply must have it and I am dying to try to cook one from scratch.

Maybe I'll take off the chocolate yummy and do it for Mother's day.

Deviled eggs
BBQ chicken
Lemon cheesecake

lemon cheesecake????!!!! I must have the recipe! 2 of my favorite flavors together-yummmmmmmmmmmmm

Lori

Everyone's Easter menus look delish! We're going to my MIL's house. Since she's decided to move into a smaller place, this will be the last family Easter there. She's sitting down to figure out the menu tomorrow.

I've been in and out because I'm trying to organize my sewing room-ARGH!!!!!!

A local furniture store closed and the owner gave me all of the fabric samples because I like to make crazy quilts which was very nice of him. Now I have to figure out where to put them. Tomorrow, my housekeeper and her granddaughter are coming to help. I think that I'll put shelves as high up as I can across 4 walls and buy baskets for storage. I'll have to change the name of the room from the sewing room to the fabric room!

We'll be trekking to Slidell for Easter. I don't know what my uncle will be cooking, but it's usually something weird.

My dad is driving me crazy with this surprise party. He wants the invitations to go out, but we still don't know exactly where and when - he has to make sure it's ok to use my uncle's place. Nor will he give me a guest list. He wants me to work on a guest list - like I'm supposed to know. :confused3 Oh yeah, and mom's bday is Sunday, but he wants the party on Saturday night, so can I get off work? - um....NO. Do we really have to have the I-work-on-Saturdays discussion AGAIN? Oh, and can I pick up the catering that day? Obviously not. I don't even get to take lunch on Saturdays, but I'm supposed to be able to make a trip back to St. Bernard, before the place closes, get cleaned up, dressed up and over to Slidell to decorate and set up all before people start arriving at 5:30 when I'll be lucky to MAYBE leave work at 3.

Does he just not notice that I barely make it on time to Saturday night events? Or does he just not care? B/c, please, let's just make this "party" as aggravating and stressful as humanly possible.

To top it all off, while I was over there for dinner tonight he backed into my car and broke the headlight and dented the hood. :headache:

....And Jezzie just knocked coke all over my keyboard....I am so in no mental state to handle this. :guilty:

Lori - I haven't tried this yet so not sure how it is but here's a link to the recipe:

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/lemon-pudding-cheesecake-62491.aspx

Thank you!
I just may make this for Easter. Ya'll are gonna laugh at our menu, b/c we have a New Yorker, a Ohio girl, a Louisiana family, a California family, and a possible Florida family.
The Ohio girl says nothing "traditional" comes from Ohio,so she makes Disney dishes, the New York girl doesn't like her foods MIXED or touching(ex: gumbo has food mixed AND touching) so she is bring peas and carrots(seperately), California family has gluten and other allergies(they are bringing thier own food).

SOooo, I am making a ham and gumbo, Ohio girl is making some type of potato casserole from Crystal Palace, we are all bringing some kind of dessert. I think I am gonna make sweet potato casserole for my hubby per my MIL's request. And I am gonna make a big salad and my mango poppyseed vinaigrette from the Poly.

It oughta be interesting!

Lori
We are also doing an egg hunt for the kids and that should be fun.

hey ya'll - found our new place :) lot going on but glad found new place :)

Looks like everyone has their Easter plans all worked out. Easter is always a very quiet holiday for us, thankfully. We are cooking a turkey, given to us at Christmas time and we want to eat it before it goes bad. It has been in the deep freezer all this time. Haven't decided what else.

So Spencer, that dear sweet child of mine, broke our TV. He was pretend fighting some cartoon and got carried away. Sean's punishment, amongst other things is NO CHOCOLATE FOR A MONTH, a week before Easter... that just made the bunnies job a little harder. Guess no chocolate easter bunny in his basket... :sad2: The TV still works kind of, we just have a great rainbow of stripes across one side. He expected us to just replace it, but we aren't going to anytime soon.

I don't know what happened, but when I woke up Sunday morning, I have terrible back pain. It hurts to lay down, stand up, sit down. Tonight it is a little better as I am sitting at the computer to type this... but if it isn't better by tomorrow, I guess I am gonna go to the doctor. The pain isn't shooting down my legs this time, but I know he is just gonna say it is sciatitca. I personally feel it is muscular in nature since I have had this before and a shot of muscle relaxers always clears it right up.

Sorry to just post and whine....

Jamie, sorry your dad is putting so much on you. But if he wants it on a Saturday, he is gonna have to delegate better than that.

We'll be trekking to Slidell for Easter. I don't know what my uncle will be cooking, but it's usually something weird.

My dad is driving me crazy with this surprise party. He wants the invitations to go out, but we still don't know exactly where and when - he has to make sure it's ok to use my uncle's place. Nor will he give me a guest list. He wants me to work on a guest list - like I'm supposed to know. :confused3 Oh yeah, and mom's bday is Sunday, but he wants the party on Saturday night, so can I get off work? - um....NO. Do we really have to have the I-work-on-Saturdays discussion AGAIN? Oh, and can I pick up the catering that day? Obviously not. I don't even get to take lunch on Saturdays, but I'm supposed to be able to make a trip back to St. Bernard, before the place closes, get cleaned up, dressed up and over to Slidell to decorate and set up all before people start arriving at 5:30 when I'll be lucky to MAYBE leave work at 3.

Does he just not notice that I barely make it on time to Saturday night events? Or does he just not care? B/c, please, let's just make this "party" as aggravating and stressful as humanly possible.

To top it all off, while I was over there for dinner tonight he backed into my car and broke the headlight and dented the hood. :headache:

....And Jezzie just knocked coke all over my keyboard....I am so in no mental state to handle this. :guilty:

:hug: Your dad is being unfair to you. Maybe inviting a few of her friends to a restaurant would be a better idea.

Looks like everyone has their Easter plans all worked out. Easter is always a very quiet holiday for us, thankfully. We are cooking a turkey, given to us at Christmas time and we want to eat it before it goes bad. It has been in the deep freezer all this time. Haven't decided what else.

So Spencer, that dear sweet child of mine, broke our TV. He was pretend fighting some cartoon and got carried away. Sean's punishment, amongst other things is NO CHOCOLATE FOR A MONTH, a week before Easter... that just made the bunnies job a little harder. Guess no chocolate easter bunny in his basket... :sad2: The TV still works kind of, we just have a great rainbow of stripes across one side. He expected us to just replace it, but we aren't going to anytime soon.

I don't know what happened, but when I woke up Sunday morning, I have terrible back pain. It hurts to lay down, stand up, sit down. Tonight it is a little better as I am sitting at the computer to type this... but if it isn't better by tomorrow, I guess I am gonna go to the doctor. The pain isn't shooting down my legs this time, but I know he is just gonna say it is sciatitca. I personally feel it is muscular in nature since I have had this before and a shot of muscle relaxers always clears it right up.

Sorry to just post and whine....

Jamie, sorry your dad is putting so much on you. But if he wants it on a Saturday, he is gonna have to delegate better than that.

:hug:Hope your back feels better. When mine goes out, I'm useless.

Jamie - Your Dad is expecting way too much from you and like Julie said that is very unfair.:hug:

Cara - I hope your back is better today, if not, call your doctor.:hug:

Morning all...

I'm definately dragging again today. It feels like a Monday. :rolleyes1

Well we're going to BR to my sister again this year for Easter. Still don't know what we're eating yet; my sis and I will talk today. I may just get a ham and she can make the fixings. I know I want my pineapple/cocunut cake. We are also having a egg hunt...it doesn't matter how old the kids are they always ask to do this. The oldest is 15!!! :rotfl:

Ok how do you guys make your deviled eggs?

Yes Jamie your dad needs to chill out and back off of you. :hug:

Cara - Yes please go to the doctor today. That Spencer is a handful; poor baby. ;)

Have a good day all.

Mornin' y'all!

Wow, seems like I missed a lot!

Sheryl- I hope Bob feels better soon! Sorry about the van issues. :hug:

Cara- Broken TV?! Oh no! DH would just keel over on the spot...:rotfl: We better get used to destruction now that we have a boy around. I think that no chocolate during Easter is a fitting punishment- certainly painful, but so is a messed up TV.

Jamie- I'm sorry too that your dad is being a pain. I dealt with the "I work on weekends" things for years with my family- they never did get it, so I definitely feel your pain. I hope it all works out as painless as possible.

Love everyone's Easter menus! I have no idea what we are having yet. DH is off this year, the first time in years (since before Sienna was born), and we are stumped as to what to do...:confused3 Maybe grill somethng?

Well DD is officially enrolled as a student next year at Metairie Ridge Presbyterian. (So does that make us Presbyterians now? j/k...) The school had everything I was looking for, and tuition is fairly reasonable, so I am relieved it all worked out. Now I just have to work on not freaking out that first day of school...(and while buying school supplies- I have a feeling that is going to be hard too :sad1:).

Have a great day y'all! :flower3:

Well DD is officially enrolled as a student next year at Metairie Ridge Presbyterian. (So does that make us Presbyterians now? j/k...) The school had everything I was looking for, and tuition is fairly reasonable, so I am relieved it all worked out. Now I just have to work on not freaking out that first day of school...(and while buying school supplies- I have a feeling that is going to be hard too :sad1:).

:dance3::dance3::dance3: Awesome news Lori! See this was meant to be. I'm so happy that you found which has all that you're looking for. :) Yes the first day will be hard. I still remember Aly's. :sad1:

Jamie, just tell your dad nicely "Dad, I'll help, but I can't do it all". Don't give yourself an ulcer over this. He needs to help too!

Lorie, shopping for school supplies can be fun. She will probably enjoy going with you to pick out her supplies.:)

Sheryl, hope Bob is feeling better.

Cara, sorry about the TV. I tell my kids a lot that they are lucky I love them so much, cause sometimes they can REALLY test you.

Everyone's Easter menu sounds wonderful.

Lorie, I'm glad you found something that will work for this year. Is this school just a Pre-K or does it go higher? I know your goal is to have her in a good public school at some point.

Cara, Spencer broke the tv in your living room? :scared1: You know I have a old tv that works fine with a converter box sitting here on my living room floor. It's been sitting on the living room floor since we got a new tv the night we played the Patriots. Please come "borrow" it. :rotfl: And I hope your back feels better! Back pain is so frustrating.

Rie'smom- Did you get your scrapbooking stuff? What'd you get?

Jamie - :hug: Since he made you in charge, doesn't that give you the authority to delegate some tasks to other people? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter