• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Meteor Shower Tonight

Thanks for posting! I usually keep tabs on the showers, but forgot about this one. The weather will be perfect here :thumbsup2

I actually found out about tonight's meteor shower in a beginning photography class I took today. How is that for totally random timing of events???:cool1:

The class instructor ended the class with hints on how to take meteor pictures!

It's cloudy here right now but it looks like it might clear off soon, I hope!!

I actually found out about tonight's meteor shower in a beginning photography class I took today. How is that for totally random timing of events???:cool1:

The class instructor ended the class with hints on how to take meteor pictures!

Would love to see your pictures!

I just came back in. Saw 16 meteors in a little less than an hour, most of which were very fast moving and faint...a bit disappointing. :sad1:I know I was out a little early, but work beckons at 8 am! :scared:

Just saw lots of small and dim ones but 3 or 4 BRILLIANTLY :cool2: white ones with long trailings. I would have stayed longer but it is 41 degrees here and I am NOT a fan of cold weather :furious::furious:

I went out about midnight, and saw absolutely nothing. Pretty disappointing. But - I did get to play with my camera settings like I knew what I was doing...:thumbsup2

Spent about an hour around 1am in my friend's car parked out where there weren't any lights and saw 7 of them. He only saw two because he kept blinking and falling asleep. First ones I've ever seen, it was pretty cool. Fiddled with my camera, but ended up not trying when it got too cold.

We were on a Cub Scout pack campout last night and out of our den all the adults and a few kids stayed up past midnight to watch. But at about 11pm the clouds rolled in and we didn't get to see anything so we turned in. One kid woke up at 2 and saw a few shotting stars. Oh well, we all would have loved to have seen it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter