Metal Detectors & Coasters

FWIW, I emailed guest services a few days ago to tell them about our experience. They called me back today and assured me the current configuration is only temporary, and they'll be doing something to get EP users through separately, and speed up the process in general.

Glad they got back to you and acknowledged there IS a problem with this. We too are used to waiting less than 10 minutes, and most of the time in recent years it's been a walk on with EP.......

Thanks for the update :thumbsup2

I wonder how much the metal detectors have to do with grad nights and this time of year with all the school trips?

I think it's got far more to do with people bringing phones & go-pros on the ride to try to record it. On a separate note - two separate occasions on JP River adventure they stopped the ride and announced that all cameras must be put away - one time even calling out the perpetrator - "All cameras must be put away before the ride will continue. Would the person in the red shirt in row 3 please put away your camera." We were pretty annoyed about that one, since it was right before the final drop and screwed up the timing of the T-rex effect.

Ok so now I'm confused, so no bags and nothing in your pockets is allowed on the rides with metal detectors. like no cell phones, no tickets, no wallets????

I have to rent a locker for about $20 a day max and what if all the lockers are used?

Ok so now I'm confused, so no bags and nothing in your pockets is allowed on the rides with metal detectors. like no cell phones, no tickets, no wallets????

I have to rent a locker for about $20 a day max and what if all the lockers are used?

Yes, nothing on the three big coasters. No to renting, all three have free lockers.

You can bring your tickets & express passes. They let lanyards through, and they don't pat you down or anything, so a few credit card sized items in your pockets will pass.

I ordered HP lanyards for everyone in our party this time around, and got ziplock style id holders to replace the ones that came on them (ebay - from China - $4 for 12 - 3 wks to ship). That's for tix and ccs. Everything else goes in the free lockers at each of the rides that restrict items. For the ones that don't have metal detectors, we'll put all the electronics in my Bayliss hip pack or the boys' cargo pockets for the duration of the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter