• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Message to select conceited DVC member(s)-somewhat long RANT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Demo

You took the words right out of my mouth. I have often wondered how hard this person has to work at their posts to come across sounding so pompous and arrogant.

I do disagree with people who advocate ignoring boorish people and their bullying behaviour. The best way to make that stop is to confront the behaviour head-on. [/B]

I think it depends on the situation. If one of my kids was being bullied I would probably advise them to try ignoring it at first, and if things did not improve I would become more proactive.

But as one poster has mentioned very often on boards such as these the "offending" poster actually gets enjoyment out of causing trouble. And since there is no real-life, in-person accountablity, my experience has been that confrontations rarely work in these circumstances. The person doing the offending behavior just smiles at the havoc he or she has caused.

Just like when I am in a chat room and someone is obnoxious--the ignore button works wonders! If everyone in th room puts the offensive peson on ignore before you know it that person leaves the room--off to find someone whose skin they can get under.

I think all of us who have been boycotting posting on this particular board (there are many, I've spoken to them) because of the attitudes of some who post here should voice our oppinions. There's a handful of posters on this board who are allowed to attack others and break DISboard rules like school yard bullies on a daily basis. And yes, we could ignore them I suppose, but why should we have to? Why do they continue to get away with it? It's a shame, but like someone said on another thread, this board has gotten a BAD reputation.

want to listen to anyone on this board all you have to do is put them on your ignore list.
Click on their name and at the bottom of the screen press the ignore button.
Hope this helps.

I cannot help but laugh as I read those posts that agree about this particular OKW DVC member and yet like to "work" in just how many points THEY have when in reality, nobody cares.

Also, anyone who thinks that the /ignore isn't the way to go in dealing with these idiots is basically a forum board "virgin". Trust me when I say that this is the only way to deal with them. Once they are ignored long enough, they will disappear to another forum board where they can cause greif, spam, and insult at will until that board figures out the /ignore trick.

I feel so bad for the route that that thread took. I am embarassed that I took part in it. As for my opinion (which probably nobody wants to hear, but here goes), I thought the OP (of the other thread) was just saying that the people on the DVC board were very careful with their money. More so than other boards. It had nothing to do with 'low lifes' and 'low class people'. It had more to do with how people spent their money- not how much money they had. And I agree with that thought. But it turned into something so ugly.

Believe me, high society we are not.

Frugal yes, high society, no.

I hope that all who read this thread will not assume that everyone feels that way about non-DVC owners. Or non-DVC boards for that matter. I get great tips on the budget board, that is why I visit there.

Originally posted by pmcpmc
want to listen to anyone on this board all you have to do is put them on your ignore list.
Click on their name and at the bottom of the screen press the ignore button.
Hope this helps.

Trust me, I've used that button many times but apparently this is not working. But there's another button that I feel should be used more often by all of us that are tired of these people...the "report this to a moderator" button. If everyone who sees someone attacking others would stop ignoring them and start reporting them *maybe* the mods will do something about it.

I believe we did a poll awhile back and there sure are a lot of us with fewer than 200 pts. We are frugal to say the least. Now, would I like to have more? Sure. But everytime I think about adding, I figure I can make do with what I have. After all, I don't want to live at WDW. Well, actually I do, but that's for when I retire and then I'll live in Orlando and work at WDW!! I try to just ignore those who tend to be somewhat 'holier than tho'. Just don't care about their opinions.

Originally posted by laceemouse
Hey Demo, we are neighbors at home and at BCV!!!! You do have a right to let off steam, just don't get tooooo upset about things.....

Lacee...where do u call home?

Sometimes you just have to vent. I think you did it respectfully.

I do have one poster on ignore. I find it works to my satisfaction and I never have to see any of the drivel. Every once in a while I used look, just to see if they have anything nice to say, but since they never did, I don't bother anymore. Makes my visits to the board much more pleasant.

I do not feel that confrontation is the way to go in a Community Board. It's just not my style.

Hi, this is actually MarkRG on the road on a flaky notebook, and don't want to fight relogging in again.

As a couple with 400 points I say, WELCOME HOME!

I don't care if you have 1 or 1 million points, if you're a member, you're a member, period :) And for those that unhappy with DVC, then I echo the above sentiment, WHY are you a member?

Don't let the wet blankets get to you, I don't :)

Is there an ignore button for the Boards, or is that just for chat? If we have one available, I sure want to know where it is.

I thought the OP (of the other thread) was just saying that the people on the DVC board were very careful with their money.

I didn't think this was all about that thread. If it was, then I got somebody else I want to ignore. So, please tell me where that darn button is.

Originally posted by RweTHEREyet
Is there an ignore button for the Boards, or is that just for chat? If we have one available, I sure want to know where it is.
pmcpmc posted the directions on the previous page of this thread. Here they are again:
want to listen to anyone on this board all you have to do is put them on your ignore list. Click on their name and at the bottom of the screen press the ignore button.
Hope this helps.

Actually, the instructions are more like this.

When you see an objctionable poster,click on the 'profile' button at the bottom of the post.

Then, click on the 'Add to my ignore list' at the bottom of their profile. You won't see their message, you'll instead get a placeholder that says'you have this user on your ignore list, click here to view the post'.

Hi Everyone

I agree that it shouldn't matter how many points someone has. All that should matter is what kind of person that someone is. I'd never presume to ask someone how much money they make nor should it matter how many DVC points they have.

I want to know you for who you are not for what you have.

I haven't been around here for very long but most seem very nice and so many are willing to take time to share their experiences and to pass on their knowledge.

I won't let a few bad apples ruin the very valuable knowledge I gain from reading these posts.

Originally posted by DemoBri1
Lacee...where do u call home?

me too!! another suburban Chi person.

. takes all kinds of people .. that's why there are 31 flavors of ice cream at baskin robbins... IMHO a member is a member is a member..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter