Merry TUBACHRISTMAS in Downtown Disney

WebmasterMike

When Yuba plays the Rumba on his Tuba...
For those at Disneyland during the holidays, keep an eye out for TUBACHRISTMAS. This is a free concert performed by area Tuba and Euphonium players and held in honor of the Great Grandfather of most Tuba Players, William Bell (My Tuba Teacher studied with Bill Bell)

Here is the information for the dates and locations:

ANAHEIM, DOWNTOWN DISNEY - SATURDAY, DECEMBER 19 - TIME: 12:00 noon

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/events.html#christmas

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...-has-something-for-every-holiday-celebration/

TUBACHRISTMAS has been held at Walt Disney World's Disney Springs in the past but, this year will be off-site.

This is a really fun event!! I have gone to our local events and some of the distant TubaChristmas events since I was in Jr High. 30 years later, it has become a great tradition that my DS(12) and I attend.

a little history...
2015 is the 42nd anniversary for TUBACHRISTMAS concerts/events which are presented throughout the world. TUBACHRISTMAS was conceived in 1974 by Harvey Phillips as a tribute to his teacher and mentor William J. Bell, born on Christmas Day, 1902. Through the legendary William J. Bell we reflect on our heritage and honor all great artists/teachers whose legacy has given us high performance standards, well structured pedagogy, professional integrity, personal values and a camaraderie envied by all other instrumentalists. The first TUBACHRISTMAS was conducted by Paul Lavalle in New York City's Rockefeller Plaza Ice Rink on Sunday, December 22, 1974. Traditional Christmas music performed at the first TUBACHRISTMAS was arranged by American composer Alec Wilder who ironically died on Christmas Eve, 1980. Wilder composed many solo and ensemble compositions for tuba and euphonium. He was a loyal supporter of every effort to improve the literature and public image of our chosen instruments. Through Alec Wilder we express our respect and gratitude to all composers who continue to embrace our instruments with their compositions and contribute to the ever growing solo and ensemble repertoire for tuba and euphonium.

11015196_619614874835987_8371849195825631068_n.jpg

664785_222945377836274_1170741252_o.jpg

Now this is some Heavy Metal...

One day, I will be in Florida or California Tuba Christmas. I just need to buy an extra seat on the plane for my Tuba.

We will be arriving at DLH shortly before noon on the 19th and were hoping to hit the parks from there -- looks like we will have quite the noisy mob to wade through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter