• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Merry Mixer-Question

Cinderella16

DIS Veteran
Is the line very long to get into the Merry Mixer? We will check in December 1. DH and I are sort of scarred for life after we waited nearly 3 hours to receive our DVC ornament one year when they still had the DVC Sales Center in Chicago...We will have DH's family with us and our original plan was to go to Earl of Sandwich for Lunch and then hop over to Magic Kingdom (we have our first FPs+ reserved for 4:40) then head over to the Poly for our 8:00 'Ohana reservation.

If the Mixer is worth it (and there are no crazy lines) then our plan would be to bus to Epcot for a later lunch, attend the Merry Mixer for a little bit, visit the Beach Club to see decorations, bus to MK (hoping I can get my 4:40 FP+ changed).

Is this doable? I feel bad/selfish dragging the family all over the place (especially since some have mobility issues) to wait in a long line mainly so we can get our 2014 ornament. In your experience what were the lines like to get into the mixer and would it be worth it for holiday fun? Thanks!

I would make the MM day your Epcot day.

The lines for drinks can be 20 people long but they move along.

You are given your dues paid ornament as you exit the venue so no line for that.

:earsboy: Bill

I think the Toy Soldier ornament from last year did not have a date on it. I am hoping this year the ornament is dated. Does anyone know?

The only lines we were in at last year's merry mixer was for the merchandise and for the photos. Maybe there was a wait to get in too, but that's not needed, since there isn't any type of opening presentation or whatever.

I'm not sure the Merry Mixer is worth an out of the way trip. We try to coordinate it with an Epcot day. We found it to be a little crowded and really not much to "do" but we like getting the ornament.

However, I would probably choose to do it over being at DTD with the construction going on.

Photos please??

61250a8c4bb5aaf605c00b9bca49a1c4.jpg

900d6c58fcbc8480b57aecbd30c8c29c.jpg

Thank you, delmar411! We had to cancel our December trip so I won't get to go to a mixer and I so wanted to see what this year's ornament looks like! :wave2:

I'm not sure the Merry Mixer is worth an out of the way trip. We try to coordinate it with an Epcot day. We found it to be a little crowded and really not much to "do" but we like getting the ornament. However, I would probably choose to do it over being at DTD with the construction going on.

It is good for those with kids. My daughter is slightly obsessed with trying to win the hula hoop game. LOL My kids spend the whole time dancing and playing the games. It is a good way to spend a couple hours.

The first time I went, the line to get in right before opening was about 2 blocks long. I came back a little while later and walked right in.

We went yesterday. The line reached all the way to the DVC sales area by Canada about 10 minutes after 3pm but it moved quickly. The music was too loud for us and the line for merchandise was very long but otherwise we enjoyed it. Had some snacks, took a picture with Mickey and Minnie and kids did some crafts. We left a bit after 4 and there was no line to get in at that point. If we go next year will go closer to 4 to avoid the bigger crowds. OP, it's a fun event to attend but not if you have to stress to make a reservation elsewhere. The ornament is very cute. I do wish they would tone down the music and maybe have a nice group of carolers or quieter instrumental Christmas music instead. It would certainly make it easier to talk and mingle.

Did anyone notice what merchandise was available? Is it one ornament per household or per membership number? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter