Merry Member Mixer 2014

pyrxtc

<font color=deeppink>Married 10-5-02<br><font colo
Anyone have a clue when they will announce dates ? I need to plan my dining for Thanksgiving week next month and I want to be able to make sure that I am in Epcot on the right day so I can go. 2013 it was on a Monday and in 2012 it was on Tuesday's.

It is a holiday party that DVC puts on for it's members. It used to take place outside the parks so everyone could go but now you also have to be in Epcot to attend. It was great when you could take the day off of a park and go to the party at night.

What were the dates for last year? Beginning of December, by any chance?
I want to share with a friend who's got her finger on the button for booking a December stay for the first time :thumbsup2

2013 dates:
The Disney Vacation Club Member Merry Mixer returns to Epcot's World Showplace Pavilion beginning on Monday, November 25, 2013. The event continues on December 2, 9 and 16.

The doors open at 3:00 pm with the Mixers running through 5:00 pm. Additional details will be revealed as the event approaches.

The Member Merry Mixer is a holiday-themed get-together hosted by Disney Vacation Club exclusively for its owners. Highlights typically include complimentary refreshments, music and dancing, photo opportunities with Disney characters, exclusive merchandise sales, crafts and activities for the kids, and more.

Epcot theme park admission is required. There is no additional charge to attend the Mixer. Members should be prepared to show their Disney Vacation Club ID card at the door.

It's a nice event if you happen to be at WDW when it is held. I don't think that I would make a special trip just to attend. Also if you will be there anyway, you should attend it at least once.

The lines can get a little long for refreshments and it can be loud but the event is well done. FYI - it's paid for with our dues as all of the mixers/events are.

:earsboy: Bill

Please post party dates soon ! I need to make my dining reservations and I want to make sure we are in epcot that day.

I wish the Merry Mixer was not in a park. This trip we will be there on a day the Merry Mixer happens, but we are not park hopping this trip and that is our Magic Kingdom day! Too bad it's not in a resort and then we could drop in!

I wish the Merry Mixer was not in a park. This trip we will be there on a day the Merry Mixer happens, but we are not park hopping this trip and that is our Magic Kingdom day! Too bad it's not in a resort and then we could drop in!

It used to be outside the parks. But I guess having us pay to get in is more appealing to Disney.

I was able to change our days, and even got a reservation for the Candlelight Processional for the time we wanted. We also were not park hopping. Have you tried to change?

I think it's fun to attend. One year when it was held in the Contemporary Convention Center, I thought it was sheer chaos. If having it in a park keeps the crowd more manageable, it's worth it to me.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I was able to change our days, and even got a reservation for the Candlelight Processional for the time we wanted. We also were not park hopping. Have you tried to change?

I think it's fun to attend. One year when it was held in the Contemporary Convention Center, I thought it was sheer chaos. If having it in a park keeps the crowd more manageable, it's worth it to me.

Bobbi:goodvibes

That's completely understandable but then it is a Member Mixer and supposedly paid for by all members so it's kind of nice to have it in a place that allows people to take advantage of it without having to pay even more. It sounds like DVC just wasn't fully prepared.

But this is coming from someone who has yet to be able to take advantage of it. The one held at the CR was the one that we were going to attend but we had a CP package booked so skipped the mixer and headed to Epcot! :rotfl: Otherwise whenever I plan our stay so we could make one they change the day of the week - or like this year just don't have it the week we are there. :(

That's completely understandable but then it is a Member Mixer and supposedly paid for by all members so it's kind of nice to have it in a place that allows people to take advantage of it without having to pay even more. It sounds like DVC just wasn't fully prepared.

But this is coming from someone who has yet to be able to take advantage of it. The one held at the CR was the one that we were going to attend but we had a CP package booked so skipped the mixer and headed to Epcot! :rotfl: Otherwise whenever I plan our stay so we could make one they change the day of the week - or like this year just don't have it the week we are there. :(

Since we pay for the venue no matter where it's held, hopefully we get a discount for having to pay for park admission for the day.

:earsboy: Bill

We go to WDW every December and I have only attended 2 of them, and after the nice one we were at last year I thought it would be worth it for my friends to experience one. I do not object to them being held in EPCOT, but if there was another venue large enough to hold it I am fine with that. Before the 2005 Member Cruise there was a party for everyone, not just cruisers, at Pleasure Island, but that was in September. An outside place would not work in December.

Years ago, they held Mother's Day celebration, lunch. It was also held in EPCOT and required admission beyond the cost of the lunch, brunch. It is not only DVC that is inconvenienced like that.

We go to WDW every December and I have only attended 2 of them, and after the nice one we were at last year I thought it would be worth it for my friends to experience one. I do not object to them being held in EPCOT, but if there was another venue large enough to hold it I am fine with that. Before the 2005 Member Cruise there was a party for everyone, not just cruisers, at Pleasure Island, but that was in September. An outside place would not work in December.

Years ago, they held Mother's Day celebration, lunch. It was also held in EPCOT and required admission beyond the cost of the lunch, brunch. It is not only DVC that is inconvenienced like that.

If I've understood correctly the Mother's Day event was a Disney park event option - ie, not something held by DVC, correct? My gist about the Mixer is that it's coming from a pool that all DVC members fund so I can understand and would personally think that since everyone is already paying for it would be better to have it somewhere that additional admission isn't paid for. There are already a lot of members that can't take advantage simply because they don't go at that time of the year.

If it were from DVD Marketing budget then I'd say yes - where ever they want to hold it is up to them.

If I've understood correctly the Mother's Day event was a Disney park event option - ie, not something held by DVC, correct? My gist about the Mixer is that it's coming from a pool that all DVC members fund so I can understand and would personally think that since everyone is already paying for it would be better to have it somewhere that additional admission isn't paid for. There are already a lot of members that can't take advantage simply because they don't go at that time of the year.

If it were from DVD Marketing budget then I'd say yes - where ever they want to hold it is up to them.

The Mothers Day brunch was not DVC. I am just pointing out that not only DVC people have had to pay park admission to go to an event. In Mother's brunch case, that was a paid event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter