• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Merida - how's the line/ wait time

Any updates on the lines, we will be ther Friday! Just wondering if we need to head straight to Merida or not. Thanks!

pooh4evr said:
Any updates on the lines, we will be ther Friday! Just wondering if we need to head straight to Merida or not. Thanks!

Not a bad idea. Rapunzel was once the priority, but now that you can FP her not so much.

ugh, haven't seen the movie yet, haven't paid much attention to previews, have not seen any merchandising but read through these posts... i am one of the few (i guess) that do not like to know anything about movies beforehand. :(

i guess i will have to switch my first RD strategy from rapunzel to merida - by the time i get there i bet her line is 4 hours long! lol

Oh my goodness. Thanks for TRYING to get everyone back on-topic. I, too, was searching the boards to get information on recent Merida wait times. Instead, I got 5 pages of snarky comments about "spoiling" movies (seriously, it sounded like a bunch of middle school girls were fighting). This happens WAY too often on this board. I guess I will have to get my information elsewhere.

it sounded like a bunch of middle school girls were fighting

I seriously don't understand the flared tempers over often trivial things. So I ignore it. If people with a flair for drama want to pick fights over their honor on the internet, I don't want to get involved. All this he-said-she-said-I-said nonsense is ridiculous and takes up so much space.

Also, Merida lines have been pretty darn short for me (at least, compared to Rapunzel's). Later on in the day, they are not bad at all. My friends and I were able to hop in a Merida line and get to Merida in like 20-30 minutes max on a weekend day.

Thanks for the info!! We're going in a couple of weeks, and it's good to know that Merida lines don't seem to be as crazy as the Rapunzel lines were.

We were there last week at rope drop and hustled to line up for Merida. I was first in line. I did run and used the spike by Cosmic Rays and made it there about 30 seconds before the 2nd in line showed up and she went through the castle. The line filled up for the first set by 9:05 and we were let in at 9:15 to help call out the bears!

I think the PP meant "spoke"--the wide straight pathway between the Hub and Mad Tea Party, which passes by Cosmic Ray's.

Oh great, thanks for ruining my trip! I didn't want to know where those spokes led until I got there! Some people just have to spoil everything... ;)

After reading this page, i went back and read through the other pages of posts...i was literally lmao. It amazes me what gets some adults upset... and it amazes me that this type of bickering occurs on the Dis all the time.
So even though i aready knew what the "big spoiler" was, I was FINALLY able to get to the movies yesterday with my 4 children and see Brave. I thought it was very good and funny and my kids' can't wait to meet Merida in August!!!!!!!

I will be visiting in November. I have not been paying too close attention to this Meet & Greet. I would like to know how is the line organized? Is it just a regular line (first In, first Out)? Or is it like the Meet & Greet for Rapunzel where they took 25-30 people at a time for 20 minutes? Approximately how long is the wait in line? Any type of detailed description for what I can expect in November would be great. Thanks.

I will be visiting in November. I have not been paying too close attention to this Meet & Greet. I would like to know how is the line organized? Is it just a regular line (first In, first Out)? Or is it like the Meet & Greet for Rapunzel where they took 25-30 people at a time for 20 minutes? Approximately how long is the wait in line? Any type of detailed description for what I can expect in November would be great. Thanks.

Like Rapunzel, they take groups of people at a time into the main M&G area. Unlike Rapunzel, waits are relatively manageable, not usually exceeding 45 minutes or so--and often less.

The three bears you may notice in some photos of the area are no longer there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter