Merida At Rope Drop?

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
With all the hubbub about A & E is it still necessary to get to Merida at rope drop, or have her wait times dropped enough to see her later in the day?

i've met merida at various times throughout the day and i'd say the longest i've ever waited was 45 minutes. personally, i don't think rope drop makes it necessary, but if it's a must-do for yourself or anyone else in your party, it would be a fun thing to do as the park opens! :goodvibes

i've met merida at various times throughout the day and i'd say the longest i've ever waited was 45 minutes. personally, i don't think rope drop makes it necessary, but if it's a must-do for yourself or anyone else in your party, it would be a fun thing to do as the park opens! :goodvibes

Does she still start at 915am instead of 9am like everyone else? If so, why?

I will say hitting the characters at rope drop makes it easy to zip through a bunch.

We went two weeks ago and got to MK at open and went right to Merida and were second in line to see her when she came out at 9:15. Then over to Tiana for a very short wait to see her when she came out at 9:30. Next past the Castle where our longest wait was for the Fairy Godmother (probably about ten minutes) and then into the Princess Hall for Rapunzel and Cinderella (2-3 minutes wait). Finished with Ariel (ten minutes), did the Ariel ride and were at Enchanted Tales of Belle for our first FP of the day at 10:25...so if characters and short waits work for you I think we did pretty well.

Saw a couple of other characters later in the day with longer waits (Jessie and Woody) and then Anna and Elsa with FPs at night.

Liz

Where exactly is Merida's Meet and Greet now?

Its in the same area where Rapunzel & Flynn used to meet. I believe it used to be Storytime with Belle before the Fantasyland expansion.

"Brave Meet & Greet" Fairytale Garden-

MK-FantLd-BE-N_062012.gif

I will say hitting the characters at rope drop makes it easy to zip through a bunch.

We went two weeks ago and got to MK at open and went right to Merida and were second in line to see her when she came out at 9:15. Then over to Tiana for a very short wait to see her when she came out at 9:30. Next past the Castle where our longest wait was for the Fairy Godmother (probably about ten minutes) and then into the Princess Hall for Rapunzel and Cinderella (2-3 minutes wait). Finished with Ariel (ten minutes), did the Ariel ride and were at Enchanted Tales of Belle for our first FP of the day at 10:25...so if characters and short waits work for you I think we did pretty well.

Saw a couple of other characters later in the day with longer waits (Jessie and Woody) and then Anna and Elsa with FPs at night.

Liz

Thanks for this tip! These are all characters my daughter wants to see!!

One more question.....do Tiana and Merida meet during the FOF parade? I assume Fairytale Hall stays open....is there a way to find the schedule for the week online before you get there??

One more question…..

1- do Tiana and Merida meet during the FOF parade?

2- I assume Fairytale Hall stays open….

3- is there a way to find the schedule for the week online before you get there??

1- Nope.

2- Yes.

3- HERE.

If I had an ADR at Crystal Palace for the morning we wanted to see Merida, could I get in line before 9am or will there a rope and smiling CM's in my way?

If I had an ADR at Crystal Palace for the morning we wanted to see Merida, could I get in line before 9am or will there a rope and smiling CM's in my way?

If (IF) they don't HOLD you at/near the restaurant (unlikely,)
you can go over to the bridge nearest to Fairytale Garden
and wait at the rope (if any that day.)

MK-FantLd-BE-N_062012.gif

Use the map below to see a wider shot of the HUB. You want the "Bridge to Fantasyland."
Hub-Parade-WishesNoMove_122113_zps77227077.jpg

I'm so worried about not knowing where I'm going. Even with a map, I'm not the best navigator. :confused: I have 4 princesses counting on me and one special red head who loves Merida!

We plan to head there are rope drop. If for no reason other than we can FP the other rides that build lines but not her, so she's our first stop. She's one of my favorites to meet. She's just a hoot

I'm so worried about not knowing where I'm going. Even with a map, I'm not the best navigator. :confused: I have 4 princesses counting on me and one special red head who loves Merida!

Walk around the castle (even the worse navigator in the world can find that, I promise) to the right, as close to it as the paths allow. You will find her.

I went to Merida at Rope Drop in February kind of by accident - we meandered by and saw there was pretty much no line and jumped on. We were the third guests in line. By the time we were done, it looked like there was already a 20 minute wait or so. If Merida is a must see, I'd go first thing. Wouldn't wait more than 10 minutes, but that's me.

I will say that there might be more pressing things you want to do with RD time, like run to Splash or Space or Seven Dwarves or BTMR. I was with a five year old and used my RD time for Fantasyland and characters with no lines. A group of adults or adults/older kids probably wouldn't use this time the same way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter