Meredith & Matt's PJ-June 19th, 2011 Germany/LSS - Completed TR and Blog Feature!

I'm glad you had a good time and found dresses! I really like them! I agree with you about the belt though, I think something else would look better, I'm sure they will find something great!

Wow, that's really pretty! :lovestruc

Thanks!

I like the BM dress. The belt is a good touch.

Thanks!

I'm glad you had a good time and found dresses! I really like them! I agree with you about the belt though, I think something else would look better, I'm sure they will find something great!

Thanks! My bridesmaid has been shopping a bit online looking for things. I'm sure she'll find something awesome :)

I haven't update on here for about a month and figured I should check back. When people ask about my plans, I tell them things are moving along and just pretty much waiting for the PS. The conversation always end with them telling me time will fly and the wedding will be here before I know it. All I can think in my head at that point is "WHEN" when is time going to start to fly? I feel like these months have just been crawling by and I'm really not doing anything. Oh well, I should just be ecstatic that I'm engaged and getting married in Disney!

Anyway, now for an actual update. I ordered flowers for the wedding party and parents. They are going to be fake and I had ordered some samples prior to ordering the package and I really liked them. The flowers are going to be purple orchids and white plumerias. Every person that I show pictures from the website to think they look real until I tell them they're fake. As long as they look great in pictures isn't that what really counts? And this way I'll be able to use them for our DHS shoot 2 days after the wedding without having to worry about a refresh. The amount of money I'm saving on flowers is pretty much paying for the DHS shoot too! :banana::banana::banana: They should be in by the beginning of December, and I will post pics as soon as I get them.

I got the website from searching the boards and found a bride who went with the same lady for her flowers. The bride's picture is actually on the website and her flowers looked beautiful. It didn't seem like she had any complaints about her flowers so I went with it. The website is

http://www.plumeriasweddingflowerboutique.com/

That's another nationality gap that we have problems with :laughing: I was sitting here thinking "I wonder what plumerias are?" So I looked at the website, they're called Frangipanis here! What we call David Austin Roses here, are called Garden Roses there... Who knows how many other differences there are! :rotfl:

I completely understand how you feel about it feeling like time was moving so slow, this is how I felt for like the past 10 months, but now that our PS is in 4 weeks, I feel like time is moving too quick and I have nothing done! So maybe it will eventually happen to you too like everyone keeps telling you! Oh and by the way I love the theme you have decided to go with that you mentioned a while back.

That's another nationality gap that we have problems with :laughing: I was sitting here thinking "I wonder what plumerias are?" So I looked at the website, they're called Frangipanis here! What we call David Austin Roses here, are called Garden Roses there... Who knows how many other differences there are! :rotfl:

That's so funny...Frangipanis sounds like something that would be in Harry Potter! I didn't realize there was so much of a difference. :rotfl2:

I completely understand how you feel about it feeling like time was moving so slow, this is how I felt for like the past 10 months, but now that our PS is in 4 weeks, I feel like time is moving too quick and I have nothing done! So maybe it will eventually happen to you too like everyone keeps telling you! Oh and by the way I love the theme you have decided to go with that you mentioned a while back.

Well I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one that thinks time moves really slow. Maybe once the holidays are over things will start to speed up. Although, I thought holidays were suppose to move fast!! I'm still trying to get the theme well rounded. My friend is working on the final sketches for the invitations so next up will be the welcome folders!

I've been stressing about our room reservations all weekend and my family isn't really much of a help since they really have no idea how Disney works. So where else to get better advice than from the boards!! I'm going to try to not make this confusing but right now my thoughts are all jumbled together. :confused3:confused3

So more of our families are booking for the wedding and even more talking about booking. The surprising part is they're ALL booking Caribbean Beach. I really thought they were all going to go for the cheapest option and book All-Star but they're all really excited about Caribbean Beach. So this totally throws a wrench in our room reservations.

We are booked at All-Star the first night we're down there and then the girls and I are moving over the Beach club while Matt stays at All-Star the night before the wedding. I thought that Matt would be there with the rest of our families to get ready for the wedding but it's seems like he'll pretty much be there by himself! Now my thought is to book our rooms at Caribbean Beach with everyone else. I was excited about getting ready for the wedding at the Beach Club, but the more I think about it I think it'll be more inconvenient. Reasons being....

- my mom is staying at CB but needs her hair and makeup done...it'll be annoying to get her over to the Beach Club so early in the morning since the wedding is at 9

- Transportation for the whole wedding party will be easier if we're all at CB the morning of

- Everyone getting ready in the same place less of a chance of forgetting things

I guess I just feel like I need more encouragement that it's a better idea to get ready with everyone at CB and I won't be missing too much by not getting ready at the Beach Club. I'm talking with Jessica, my reservation person, today about changing our rooms.

Do you like the look of CB for photos? Remember you'll probably get a few taken there.

Other then that, I'd probably move over to the same resort too, it would be less hassle, and it would mean DF isn't all by himself the night before the wedding.

Think CB looks nice and I'd be happy with some pics there. I think I'm willing to make it all work just for the convenience of having everyone there.

We went ahead and changed our reservations so we'll all be at CB. I actually feel like there's a huge burden off my shoulders and I'm much more relaxed about the whole room situation. I just booked my parents for 3 nights at CB. They're all set and Matt's parents are planning on booking before the new year! Things are moving along...I'm just waiting for time to move faster!:yay:

My flowers are in!! I'm in love with them. :banana::banana: I got them from the Plumerias Boutique online and I'll have to ship them down to FL when the time comes. For now they're sitting in vases and ziploc bags in an extra room to keep the dust away. I got flowers for the whole bridal party and parents. The bridesmaid bouquets are just a smaller version of mine. With a flash the flowers look much more purple but without they're more fuschia I guess. I think they look awesome either way :yay:

ry%3D400

this is my bouquet, groom's corsage and mothers' corsage

ry%3D400

top view

I love them! Are they like freeze dried flowers? I am making all my own floral and am trying to decide what the best way to go about doing this is.

I love them! Are they like freeze dried flowers? I am making all my own floral and am trying to decide what the best way to go about doing this is.

They're actually some type of polyester material and they're "real touch". I got them from the Plumerias Boutique online. The women makes the all the arrangements. There are a lot of choices on her website....http://www.plumeriasweddingflowerboutique.com/

BEAUTIFUL Flowers!!!

I love your flowers!

Wow, they are nice!

Thanks everyone!!!:yay:

Thanks everyone!!!

We now officially have 6 months to go until the wedding!!:banana::banana::woohoo::woohoo:

We are sitting in the San Francisco airport on a lay over. We're coming back from our friend's wedding. It was so beautiful and I miss her already. At the end of her wedding we were joking about how six months from now we'll be drinking around the world!!

So I booked our ADR's for our honeymoon and I got the major ones we really wanted to do.:woohoo::woohoo: This is the first time I've booked for the whole length of a vacation and I hope I've planned our days somewhat well. So we have...

Monday: open...I think we'll head to the Brewery Works on the Boardwalk. They don't take reservations and we love trying micro brew beer

Tuesday: La Hacienda for dinner

Wednesday: Le Cellier for dinner

Thursday: Whispering Canyon for lunch

Friday: California Grill for dinner

Saturday: Biergarten for dinner

Sunday: Sci-fi cafe for lunch

Monday: O'Hana for breakfast

I booked a lot of dinners at Epcot since we love Epcot so much and it's within walking distance of our resort. We plan on getting up to visit the parks in the morning and then take a break in the afternoon. I booked early dinners for after our break to take advantage of the AC longer and then go out to the parks again after dinner. We have from free days in there to do whatever and those of pretty much the days we'll be eating at Epcot. I may cancel the O'Hana breakfast because we're going during our PS and I don't think I'm going to want to get up early on our last day, checkout and then head over to the Poly from the Beach Club for breakfast. I may change that res to Cape May Cafe and just do whatever that morning.

All the ADR's sound great! Many of them are on my "must-so" list for our wedding trip too!

I've been following along on your PJ and I think your engagements pics turned out awesome! I feel like there's just not enough time to hit all the restaurants we would like, but we go the must-do's on the list at least :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter