• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Merchandise locations

Pure_Imagination

CP Spring 2010?
For those of you who have done the CP, where were some of the locations you were placed? What did you think about that location? Do you know anyone who requested a location for merchandise and got it?

My 2 DDs and I all did merch CPs. Oldest was at the Confectionary on Main Street, 2nd was at Once Upon a Toy, then WoD before moving to BBB, and I was in Dinoland at DAK. During my interview, I was asked which park was my favorite and I made it clear that I wanted to work at DAK, so I think that played into my placement. I think first round, you won't have much say, but it never hurts to preference. I do know when I applied for my extension in a different LOB (which I wound up not taking as I got a PI), I was told I could get specific with a location request.

When I did merchandise, I was mostly at Fantasyland in the Magic Kingdom (though I also spent 2 weeks in Liberty Square, and 2 weeks in Adventureland). I loved my location.

I am working at World of Disney right now and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Its busy pretty much all the time and there are sooo many different things you can learn. We also get deployed two or three times to help out other locations. I've worked Tower merchandise and Mickeys Groove (West side DTD) and I absolutely HATED it because it was so slow. Merchandise can be a really awesome role if you get the right location. For CP's the bus to DTD is awesome and the ride is nice and short. There are many different things you can ask to train for including the BBB, Watches and Jewerly and the info desk.
HTH!

My 2 DDs and I all did merch CPs. Oldest was at the Confectionary on Main Street, 2nd was at Once Upon a Toy, then WoD before moving to BBB, and I was in Dinoland at DAK. During my interview, I was asked which park was my favorite and I made it clear that I wanted to work at DAK, so I think that played into my placement. I think first round, you won't have much say, but it never hurts to preference. I do know when I applied for my extension in a different LOB (which I wound up not taking as I got a PI), I was told I could get specific with a location request.

I work at Once upon a toy who is your DD?

But it is ANY store!

2 of my roommates did merchandise. one was in MK on mainstreet all over the place (only the side with the confectionery) and the other was in MK in tomorrowland...i've heard mainstreet was a lot of fun (u get to see parades and tooons of ppl everyday) but my roommate in Tomorrowland hated it.. (but then again she was kinda a sour sally about everything) lol

I'm currently doing my program and I work in DAK Main Entrance Merch, aka Strollers. Trust me, that was depressing when I first found out. I wanted the Confectionary, the Emporium, a ride gift store, any "real" store as I called it. BUT! Strollers at DAK is wonderful. I've been deployed and picked up Extra Hour Hotline shifts at different places and I prefer DAK strollers so much better- the leaders are so much better and the full-time people are just so friendly. It's not just strollers, it's also all of the shops up front of the park in the Oasis. That's the thing about Merch, it's pretty rare to be in ONE location. Unless you're in a megashop like the Emporium or in a resort, you're probably going to be in an area and rotating around different shops and carts throughout the day. For example, Liberty Square Merch is the Christmas shop, Heritage House (Hall of Pres shop), Christmas cart, Yankee Trader (right between Lib Square and Fantasyland), and Haunted Mansion cart. I hit all of those locations in 6 hours when I picked up a shift there.

Does Merchandise let you pick up shifts in different parks since the trainning is the same or is it hard to pick up shifts in different parks?

I am currently working at the Polynesian Resort in Merchandise. I love it. Yes, you can work at other locations. Once you know Mantra you have lots of opportunities.

When I apply for Fall '10 mech is my 4th choice. So I'm going to request a resort if I get in. Am I able to request a specific resort or do I just tell them that I want to work in the resorts rather than the park merchandise?

I'm currently doing my program and I work in DAK Main Entrance Merch, aka Strollers. Trust me, that was depressing when I first found out. I wanted the Confectionary, the Emporium, a ride gift store, any "real" store as I called it. BUT! Strollers at DAK is wonderful. I've been deployed and picked up Extra Hour Hotline shifts at different places and I prefer DAK strollers so much better- the leaders are so much better and the full-time people are just so friendly. It's not just strollers, it's also all of the shops up front of the park in the Oasis. That's the thing about Merch, it's pretty rare to be in ONE location. Unless you're in a megashop like the Emporium or in a resort, you're probably going to be in an area and rotating around different shops and carts throughout the day. For example, Liberty Square Merch is the Christmas shop, Heritage House (Hall of Pres shop), Christmas cart, Yankee Trader (right between Lib Square and Fantasyland), and Haunted Mansion cart. I hit all of those locations in 6 hours when I picked up a shift there.

How often do you get to work at other shops?

I currently work in Merchandise and we've got an ICP (from Brazil) with us in The Pirates League.

I am currently working at the Polynesian Resort in Merchandise. I love it. Yes, you can work at other locations. Once you know Mantra you have lots of opportunities.

I feel sorry for you, Christina Phillips is your manager lol, she finally left my store:banana:

2 of my roommates did merchandise. one was in MK on mainstreet all over the place (only the side with the confectionery) and the other was in MK in tomorrowland...i've heard mainstreet was a lot of fun (u get to see parades and tooons of ppl everyday)

What other shops are on the side with the confectionery?

What other shops are on the side with the confectionery?

Expo Hall, the hat store, the store that sells the crystal pieces, a store that sells kitchen items, and an outdoor cart across from the tip board.

what about working in resorts?? Is it funner to work in a resort near one of the parks or to work in the actual park itself.

My Dad works with a guy who used to be in charge of finance at Disney and he said Downtown Disney makes the most money by far. I hadn't even thought about being placed there. I think I'd still prefers the parks though.

My Merch CP Roommate worked at World of Disney (WOD) which is in DTD. She worked tons and banked a lot of OT. Seemed like a lot of other people who worked there were also CPs.

In other news, TPL is training 3 new Merch CPs in January... maybe it'll be someone on the boards!!

i probably should know this but im not good with the whole initials thing so what is TPL??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter