Merchandise Lament

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
What is it that I cannot find a decent, simple shirt in any of the parks? Every time I find something I like on the front, like a small logo or character, there has to be a billboard-sized picture of something else like a duck butt or giant Mickey head on the back? I can get all the "Sup, Bro?" shirts I want, which continue to infest WDW like a plague, but what about something less gaudy?

I agree and along with being less gaudy, they need to be available in all sizes. Yes we are one of those families that like to dress alike, and it's hard enough to find plus size shirts, like 3x or 4x but then it is almost impossible to find a size small for my son. I thought once he got out of the children sizes it would be easier for us, but it is still an issue. UGH. There are a few at the Disney Store, but they will have the plus size in one color and the regular size in another color.

I completely agree!!!! They can have the best logo designs in the front, nice and small and understated..then you turn the shirt over, and its all cartooney:confused3!

Once at Disneyland my daughter puked all over my pants on
Pirates. Try finding a pair of regular pants without a design across the bottom. Yikes! I ended up with tinker bell yoga pants! They are actually pretty cute and I still wear them as pjs 5 years later.

I agree and along with being less gaudy, they need to be available in all sizes. Yes we are one of those families that like to dress alike, and it's hard enough to find plus size shirts, like 3x or 4x but then it is almost impossible to find a size small for my son.

We haven't seen 4x, but we've found the occasional 3x over at GiftLand next to Waffle House near DTD. Each time we've seen one it has been the EXACT same shirt that we had seen at WDW, made by Disney. Not a knockoff. Disney's making these tees but they aren't selling them onsite and I just don't know why.

Agree, Disney needs a total merchandise makeover, many of the shirts are just plain tacky. We like to wear matching shirts for our first MK day, and they are next to impossible to find in all sizes. I have resorted to creating our own family shirts using the iron on transfers, but I'm no expert, and once they are washed they are not quite the same:rotfl:.

On our recent trip we came home with zero new t-shirts. On a typical trip we'd bring home a minimum of 3 each. The designs are awful. I was so bummed I couldn't even get a 2014 Vacation one because they are so loud.

TDS online usually has a men's golf shirt with a very small Mickey on the front, sometimes there's a women's version too.

I think much of the clothing is just awful, but I'm an old guy so I'm not the target consumer. However, I don't see anyone of any age wearing that stuff. It must be selling, or they'd quit making it. :confused3

We love t shirts, and they are one of my husbands favorite souvenirs (since if it is black he can wear it under his uniform)... but with more subtle designs.

It's so hard to find at Disney! I actually started making our own "souvenir" shirts for the trip before we go, in the exact color, cut and size we want. They are special to THAT trip, but can be worn after the fact as much (or more) than shirts we would get on vacay.

We still buy shirts for other places, but - as much as I love Disney - I haven't found shirts that are more... understated.

I completely agree with this!! My last trip I really wanted a souvenir tshirt or sweatshirt but I couldn't find one I didn't think was ugly. The busy/cartoony stuff is ok for the park, but I know I wouldn't wear it at home. Can't really justify the cost of it if I'll never wear it at home. I wish they would come out with more basic designs. Even the mugs and other souvenirs I found really tacky looking. I didn't end up buying anything. I wish they would hire someone to change the look of some of it (but still keep the busy cartoony stuff because I know some people like that)

I could not agree more. My husband wanted a t-shirt or sweatshirt and it was the same "oh that looks good" as you are turning it around you are hoping it is blank but no....huge Mickey or silly copy.

The retro sweatshirt they have are nice. My friend bought one for her impending trip this year. I still would love super understated.

They must be selling because I just keep seeing more and more of the stuff!

::MinnieMo::MinnieMo::MinnieMopooh:

..............................................................................................................

December/January 2000 Millenium Celebration at GF...Jan, 2010 at Wilderness Lodge..October 2013 POR...waiting for November 2014 at POR!

I found a much better selection at DL. They still had tacky stuff, but they have a more retro logo. So, they had items with that retro look to them.

I also love the retro Epcot tees. They seem less loud than the general parks or cartoon stuff.

I found a much better selection at DL. They still had tacky stuff, but they have a more retro logo. So, they had items with that retro look to them. I also love the retro Epcot tees. They seem less loud than the general parks or cartoon stuff.

The retro Epcot logo tee was the only piece of clothing I bought on this trip. Everything else was awful.

TDS online usually has a men's golf shirt with a very small Mickey on the front, sometimes there's a women's version too.

I think much of the clothing is just awful, but I'm an old guy so I'm not the target consumer. However, I don't see anyone of any age wearing that stuff. It must be selling, or they'd quit making it. :confused3

Can't speak to TDS, we tend to purchase Disney Golf/Polo shirts at the parks or the resorts. They usually have very small logos/characters on the left front. They cost a bit more than t-shirts, but last a lot longer & can be worn for any occasion. :rotfl2:

What is it that I cannot find a decent, simple shirt in any of the parks? Every time I find something I like on the front, like a small logo or character, there has to be a billboard-sized picture of something else like a duck butt or giant Mickey head on the back? I can get all the "Sup, Bro?" shirts I want, which continue to infest WDW like a plague, but what about something less gaudy?

AMEN!!!!

I really do not like most of the tshirts/sweatshirts as of late because of this.

Can't speak to TDS, we tend to purchase Disney Golf/Polo shirts at the parks or the resorts. They usually have very small logos/characters on the left front. They cost a bit more than t-shirts, but last a lot longer & can be worn for any occasion. :rotfl2:

THIS is exactly what we do. Got the best one for hubby at the Yacht Club gift shop last time. Simple navy-blue golf shirt with a tiny red mickey on the upper right chest area -- sorta where a pocket would be if it had one. Yes it cost more, but 5 years later it still looks like new :thumbsup2 I got a super cute one for myself at the POLY that is plain blue, fitted, with the castle and fireworks behind it in sparkly silver. Didn't cost much more than a regular shirt. This however, does NOT address the issue of wanting shirts that match, sorry gang.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter