-if I wanted to try this dish:

Seared Beef Filet and Tanglewood Farm French-cut Chicken Breast and a
Blackberry Demi, Yukon Gold Mashed Potatoes, and Seasonal Vegetables
(from the "Cinderella" menu)

Would that count as one entree selection for the tasting, or two
entrees and two sides?

-I have also heard that you can choose selections from any of the
Disney restaurant menus...is this true?

Also...if anyone has any suggestions for a dinner menu I would love to hear them! Anything your guests loved/ hated?

Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone!

I have to return my Menu Tasting Form in a few days and had a few questions:

- I am not sure if I want to do a buffet or plated menu...am I only
supposed to fill out the Plated Menu form OR Buffet Menu form....or
can I fill out both?

-if I wanted to try this dish:

Would that count as one entree selection for the tasting, or two
entrees and two sides?

Also...if anyone has any suggestions for a dinner menu I would love to hear them! Anything your guests loved/ hated?

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure about whether you can fill out both, but we are having a duo plated meal and each of the proteins came out as separate entrees during our tasting session. We decided to try different combinations of protein, veggies, sauces and starches with each of the entrees and then pieced together the combination we liked best. You can pick off of the menus or suggest your own. We also told our planner what we were looking for and that we were open to suggestions. So the chief came up with a couple surprises that I wouldn't have thought of like the truffle risotto (which was our favorite :cloud9:).

My review is in my PJ here.

I LOVED the Yukon Gold potatoes at my menu tasting (they weren't mashed but still just as good)

We want the Mac and cheese from Artist Point at the WL? Is this obtainable?

The chef at the resort that will be creating your wedding meal can approximate any dish, whether it's on a Disney menu or it's an old family recipe. It can be a good idea to try this at your tasting, though, because it will not be made by the restaurant kitchen like the dish you're used to, so you'll want to see how good a job they do.

For example, we asked Disney's Hollywood Studios to re-create the white cheddar mac and cheese from Jiko for our anniversary dinner, and it was nothing like Jiko's. On the other hand, Le Cellier's cheddar soup seems to be pretty easy for most kitchens to replicate.

I think they do plate it separately. I would do maybe the chicken with one sauce and then a beef with another. This way you can try both sauces and get an idea of the meat and how it will be cooked.

You can definitely choose dishes from the restaurants, just let them know where it's from. We had them make Jiko's filet with mac-n-cheese and I think it was better than we ever had it at Jiko! But definitely with dishes like that you want to try it first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter