Menu Question

PrincessJewel

Living our happily ever after...
We have been looking at the plated dinner packages and probably will go with the Cinderella glass slipper one. We are having 2 problems though. We don't seem to like any of the appetizers offered (i.e. shrimp cocktail not the pre-reception platters) and none of the salads really exicte me. When we asked our planner she said that we can request whatever we want that is not on the menu. The problem is we don't know what to request when we were given no options. Has anyone had items not listed in the menu packet or have ideas for us to get a starting point. Thanks!

Basically, you can ask for anything you've seen or heard of....we looked at first going with one of the prereception items as an appetizer but when we went for our tasting, we did something we saw on the Food Network special, penne ala vodka, as well as something I read about on a board, which was the goat cheese ravioli in marinara, which is the one we ended up serving. As for salad, same thing...we love the salad at Ohana's which we had them make and we were going to add some stuff, like baked sunflower seeds, etc. but when we changed our rehearsal dinner to Ohanas, we went with the ceaser salad which is sooooo good, though not exciting

We are getting the Cindy's plated dinner package. I forget what we took out...but we added the blue cheese meatballs. They are VERY yummy! I actually don't think they taste anything like bleu cheese :) Other then that we stuck to the basic menu. Everything tasted excellent when we went for our menu tasting.

Basically, you can ask for anything you've seen or heard of....we looked at first going with one of the prereception items as an appetizer but when we went for our tasting, we did something we saw on the Food Network special, penne ala vodka, as well as something I read about on a board, which was the goat cheese ravioli in marinara, which is the one we ended up serving. As for salad, same thing...we love the salad at Ohana's which we had them make and we were going to add some stuff, like baked sunflower seeds, etc. but when we changed our rehearsal dinner to Ohanas, we went with the ceaser salad which is sooooo good, though not exciting

We are having the penne alla vodka as well. I loved it!!! I didn't want the shrimp cocktail when I heard it was only 3-4 shrimp, I thought that was cheesy even if they were big shrimp, plus we both love the pasta!!!!! I can't wait to eat it again on our wedding day!!! mmmmmmm.:thumbsup2

I really tore apart the orginal menu they gave me for our Boardwalk wedding to make one that was perfect for us. Durring our planning session we spread out all the menus and highlighted what we wanted on each one. They even let me take out a few of the componets of certain things I didn't like, like goat cheese in the risotto. Then they sent it to the chefs and got it priced for me. It also turned out to be alot cheaper than I expected!

Thanks so much you guys for some advice/ideas. We will really start thinking about some great options for our perfect dinner. Yet another reason Disney is such a great place for a wedding...they really do cater to whatever you wish. :)

we are trying gnocchi in vodka sauce and goat cheese ravioli with garlic cream sauce at our tasting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter