• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Menu changes in 2016 ??

Matrix21

Mouseketeer
Hi folks,

Our wedding cruise is 30 days away and i was wandering if they are going to change the menus since it's a new year.

Do you have any idea ?

They don't change the menus, outside of some tweaks here and there, very often. I believe it has been awhile since the last refresh but you don't really know it's going to happen until someone reports back from the one of the ships that it has happened.

I was just told the room service menu has changed, but I just got on the Dream and haven't had time to study it.

I was just told the room service menu has changed, but I just got on the Dream and haven't had time to study it.
Yeah, no more All Hands on Deck cheese plate.

Just got off the Wonder today, and yes, the room service menu changed. I called room service, using the menu on the DCL app, and was told it changed. We wanted the margherita pizza, but it wasn't available. We found the menu in the book, but I didn't study it very closely to note the changes. I couldn't get a crispy rice treat either. Maybe somebody could post pictures soon.

Just got off the Wonder today, and yes, the room service menu changed. I called room service, using the menu on the DCL app, and was told it changed. We wanted the margherita pizza, but it wasn't available. We found the menu in the book, but I didn't study it very closely to note the changes. I couldn't get a crispy rice treat either. Maybe somebody could post pictures soon.
I wasn't aware that rice krispy treats were available through room service. The only ones I've ever seen were in the shops (for purchase), or at the Gold/Platinum CC reception (free).

Were the cheeses good at least ? nice selection ?

I saw a picture in another thread and the plate look simple and small for 38$USD...they must be joking....

I wasn't aware that rice krispy treats were available through room service. The only ones I've ever seen were in the shops (for purchase), or at the Gold/Platinum CC reception (free).

You're right. A friend said she got one, and we must not have communicate well. I thought she meant through room service. She probably meant she ordered the chocolate chip cookie and bought a crispy rice treat in Mickey's Mates. If I remember correctly, the key lime pie for dessert through room service isn't available any more.

Were the cheeses good at least ? nice selection ?

I saw a picture in another thread and the plate look simple and small for 38$USD...they must be joking....

The picture I saw in another thread was of the discontinued "All Hands On Deck" plate, not the new one that costs $38.

We have sailed 6 times since 2011 and the menu hasn't changed at all. One of my biggest complaints with DCL. They could change at least every 2 years, couldn't they????

We were on the wonder a month ago. The only thing that was new to us was the freezing the night away menu, which was completely new and surprisingly good. It was a 7 night cruise.

someone got the wrong info according to the page margharita pizza and key lime pie are both on the menu. and you could get mickey bars but not rice crispy treats. i have only gotten rice crispy treats once and that was in our welcome back gift.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter