Menu Changes at GF Cafe

Deb & Bill

DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
I was looking at the menu for GF Café since we will be staying there for a few night next year and it looks like they have changed the breakfast menu. Eggs Benedict are not really on the menu and they just call it The Benedict.
The Benedict
Two Poached Organic Eggs, Toasted English Muffin, Applewood-smoked Bacon, Hollandaise, and Marinated Tomato Salad

How disappointing. No asparagus and no Canadian Bacon. I guess I'll have to get my Eggs Benedict at The Wave instead.

I was pretty disappointed in their eggs benedict so maybe this one will be better.

I think I could force myself to give "The Benedict" a shot. Two words: Applewood bacon.

Sounds good to me....although I wish you guys would use real British style bacon
http://www.thepauperedchef.com/2010...s-and-how-to-make-proper-british-rashers.html
Me too:tongue: My wife visited her BIL and family 3 years ago in England, came home telling me about the bacon, so I returned with her back in Aug and agree.
Love GFC though breakfast we havent had yet. Deb, The Wave is def. a great choice for breakfast. My favorite on property, dare I say, like it better than Kona:tilt:

Me too:tongue: My wife visited her BIL and family 3 years ago in England, came home telling me about the bacon, so I returned with her back in Aug and agree.
Love GFC though breakfast we havent had yet. Deb, The Wave is def. a great choice for breakfast. My favorite on property, dare I say, like it better than Kona:tilt:
Yeah, Jimmy. We've eaten at The Wave for breakfast and it was good - I had Egg Benedict (of course) and Bill got the buffet (which had Eggs Benedict on it).

But if they really wanted to make authentic Eggs Benedict, they would use Holland Rusk instead of English Muffins. I've had the real stuff in New Orleans at Brennan's back in the old days. That was what got me hooked on Eggs Benedict. Putting Applewood smoked bacon on Eggs Benedict is like substituting shrimp for lobster. Close, but no cigar.

Had the worst Eggs Benedict at Kona when it first opened way back when. Loved Eggs Benedict at The Concourse Steakhouse. When that closed, found it at GFCafe. I may have to try some of the offsite restaurants. I see they have them at Trails End for breakfast, so we might have to go there, too.

The applewood bacon was actually really good on the eggs benedict. However, I was just disappointed because they had removed the lobster benedict, but WDW still had it on the online menu. The manager said that they had requested that it be updated a couple weeks before, but it hadn't happened yet.

And all the prices went up on their menus, too.

1) It is that tie of year.
2) Menu pricing can go up (and menu items changed) when the new DDP reimbursement contracts are signed.
. . . Disney-owned eateries = October
. . . non-Disney-owned eateries = December

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter