• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Menu changes and prices going up, up, up!!!!

Disney Davo

Got my Ears in 68
Just noticed they changed the menu at the Golden Horse Shoe and was very disappointed. Up until about 3 weeks ago you could get 4 Chicken Tenders and Fries for $7.99 now you get Chicken Nuggets and Fries for $8.99. Way less Chicken about 75% less and a lot more fries. You give us less and charge us more. I wouldn’t mind the price increase but wow they are sneaky. I know times are hard and even Disney feels the pain and makes the customer take it in the shorts. As an AP holder who goes about 20 times a year and usually drops big cash for food and Dole Whips, etc… I at least want to feel like I am getting a little bit of quality food, this was ridiculous. Disney keeps this up and my family will start brown bagging it to DL.

Anyone else notice other menus around the park changing for the worst?

Oh, that is not a happy thing to hear. I am going to have to take a look at AllEars and see if they have updated the menus lately. I hope it isn't some kind of park wide trend, maybe the Golden Horseshoe has been losing money and made some changes? Not that it would be a good thing, but at least isolated. :confused3

And speaking of Dole whips they raised the price to 3 bucks and were dishing out the smallest servings I have ever gotten this weekend. It is getting real close to not worth it to me.

it is a trend everywhere, due to the poor economy.Last weekend, I went to buy a cube of diet mtn dew,which was 24 cans for $4.98, now is 20 cans for $6.99!!!!! Ouch!

For us the more they skip on quality and raise prices the less we purchase in the parks.

Darn.... my son loved the chicken fingers there.. he got his chicken strips and then meets up with us at Rancho Zocalo..... now we will have to change our plans.... :(
Do they still have the mile high chocolate cake? That used to be a great deal for 2 - 3 people.

Oh no!! We loved the chicken strips meal there, we would get 1 chicken strip meal and 1 cheese stick meal and share between the 4 of us. :( We won't do that with chicken nuggets.

Rainforest Cafe kind of skimped a little bit on their breakfast servings the other day, and it was a bit of a let down. My friend's RFC plate even had more potatoes and eggs on it than mine and we ordered the exact same thing!

But, over at ESPN Zone, their chicken strips meal was great! The BBQ sauce was EXCELLENT (I don't know what they do to it but it tasted soooooo good) and each of their 'strips' (there are 6 to a basket) was about the size of a small chicken breast. It was so good. I tried their strawberry shake, and at first it tasted kind of odd, but I began to like it because it was very thick. For anyone who loves chicken strips, I highly recommend going to ESPN Zone. Also, we had great service despite how crazy noisy and busy it was!

But, over at ESPN Zone, their chicken strips meal was great! The BBQ sauce was EXCELLENT (I don't know what they do to it but it tasted soooooo good) and each of their 'strips' (there are 6 to a basket) was about the size of a small chicken breast.

We have never been to the ESPN Zone..... usually don't take a break from te parks but maybe tomorrow we will have to...If not,we will definatel try it soon...

We have never been to the ESPN Zone..... usually don't take a break from te parks but maybe tomorrow we will have to...If not,we will definatel try it soon...

Last week (Thursday night) was our first visit there. I didn't know what to expect, as I had heard that sometimes there are loud, drunk people watching games around. I didn't want to get hit with any flying beer bottles or anything! Also, ESPN was VERY busy and crowded, and from what I hear, making PS's for it is tricky, because Disneyland Dining handles some of the PS's for it for certain times of day, and then the ESPN MVP Club allows you to make PS's at other times of day - it is a little confusing. So we timidly poked our heads in, not sure what to expect. It was so crowded in there that if there were loud, drink folks around, they got lost in the shuffle! We had a really good server named Amy. She was extremely attentive and interested in explaining all of the really good food items on the menu. I was sorry I wasn't more hungry because she described them so well and they sounded wonderful. So I ordered the chicken strips (I think they were about $9.00 for six of them - I can't recall - and it is listed under Appetizers), and was surprised to see how large they were. And then when I dunked them in that tasty BBQ sauce, I knew I would have to come back and eat there again. My friend ordered a burger, and it was pretty thick and hearty! She said it was delicious. Again, I had to get used to the taste of the strawberry shake, but it grew on me because it was so thick.

The only thing I do NOT recommend at ESPN Zone is the lemonade - which basically tasted like water with a spritz of lemon. Not good at all, but plenty of refills if you want them!

And I was able to get a discount with my AP, too, so that was good!

Yikes. I get having to raise the prices some, but at least keep the quality the same.

It's true that I have noticed this with just about everything. Every package at the store is smaller portions, and several $$$ more.

But yeah I think that is just going to make it harder for DL to make money. People will just more and more eat outside the park, bring snacks ect... I mean I have to buy groceries and deal with that. We don't have to eat in the park.

From what I have heard/seen on the WDW dining boards, they did the exact same thing a few months ago in FL. All chicken tenders were replaced with chicken nuggets. Supposedly they are the exact same chicken (same breading,etc.) just smaller pieces.

When we ate at Storyteller's in Sept. they had chicken nuggets on the buffet and they tasted exactly the same to me as the chicken tenders I had the next day at Stage Door Cafe.

So, yes, I would agree that the value of what you are getting for your money is going down. But, for those of you who enjoyed the tenders, if I am right, the nuggets are exactly the same taste, just smaller pieces.

Same taste but only equal to one tender in size. It was our families favorite also; now I think I will be packing more food into the parks. I went last night and I bought Dole Whips too, they where very small and hollow, swirled the icecream and made it hollow inside. Also had a turkey leg for $7.

The only thing I do NOT recommend at ESPN Zone is the lemonade - which basically tasted like water with a spritz of lemon. Not good at all, but plenty of refills if you want them!

This made me giggle. It really sucks, but if you want more, it's yours! :rotfl2:

This made me giggle. It really sucks, but if you want more, it's yours! :rotfl2:

Hee hee! None of the lemonade throughout DLR is good anymore because it is all 'lite' now, but this stuff in ESPN Zone was particularly lite and flavorless. As I said, water with a spritz of lemon - that about says it all. But the refills came fast and furious! So if you just want to drink refreshing lemon water, you can have lots of it!:rotfl: I will forgive them because their other food was so good, though!

That is too bad about the price increase but I can't say that I am surprised.

And Sherry E that sucks about the lemonades...I usually order one but will def avoid it there. Thanks! :thumbsup2

That is too bad about the price increase but I can't say that I am surprised.

And Sherry E that sucks about the lemonades...I usually order one but will def avoid it there. Thanks! :thumbsup2

The waiter in Storytellers Cafe was at least honest about it. When he told me the available drinks, I recalled my ESPN Zone experience and asked him if ST served fresh-squeezed lemonade (or even close to it), or "lemon water." He admitted it was lemon water because it is all "lite" now throughout the parks. Possibly Wetzel's Pretzels has better lemonade because they are not Disney-owned. But everywhere else, blech. I guess the frozen lemonade is better because it is slushy, but just as a straight drink, no good. I was hoping that that DCA would have some good stuff there because of the agricultural sections of the park, but if they did, I didn't find it!

The old Tom Sawyer's Island (waaaaaay before Pirate's Lair) used to sell kick a** lemonade in their little snack area back in the '80s. Not anymore, I guess! Dole Whips are getting thinner and smaller, lemonade is getting weaker and chicken tenders are becoming nuggets! Madness! Madness, I tell you!:scared1:

Dole Whips are getting thinner and smaller, lemonade is getting weaker and chicken tenders are becoming nuggets! Madness! Madness, I tell you!:scared1:
I know, I know, this is awful...Next thing you know, churros will be 'cinnamon nuggets' and the corn dogs with be 'corn puppies.' I guess the Tigger Tails will become one sad marshmallow on a stick...:lmao:

I know, I know, this is awful...Next thing you know, churros will be 'cinnamon nuggets' and the corn dogs with be 'corn puppies.' I guess the Tigger Tails will become one sad marshmallow on a stick...:lmao:

If they mess with the corn dogs I will cry! :sad1:

I was going to try to fit in a 3night trip before Jan 09. But now I will save that money and go when times are better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter