Mentioned it would be our anniversary.....

dudspizza

I married in to a Disney crazy family... now I hav
I meantioned to the CM today when paying off our bill that DW and I would be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary while at WDW.... the CM said hang on a minute and I could hear her typing. She then came back on and said something special would be waiting for us when we arrived, but said she wouldn't tell me what......

Anyone have a clue what it might be? I am not going to count on anything, but she went out of her way to type the info in..... caught me off guard.

Duds

Sometimes it will be an autographed photo of the Characters with an Anniversary wish, sometimes a balloon. Sometimes CM at Reservations say this and nothing is there.

Don't plan on anything and you won't be disappointed. Thousands of guests every day celebrate a special occassion at Disney. Many get overlooked.

Maybe you will get something and it will be a nice surprise.

Dudspizza, congratulations on your upcoming anniversary.

Sammie is absolutely correct in that you shouldn't count on receiving anything during your upcoming vacation. It sounds lilke you already know that from what you mentioned.

I have spent many anniversaries in Walt Disney World. I have always planned my own special ways of celebrating, and because I did so, I was never disappointed. We have celebrated with group dinners at the Luau, the Hoop-Dee-Doo, Victoria & Albert's, and even some private events. Once or twice we did unexpectedly receive a card & balloon arrangement from our resort. Those items were just icing on an already wonderful anniversary celebration.

Since 10 years is worth celebrating, do consider contacting the Disney Florist (click here) for a special floral arrangement or a basket of goodies. Nothing is more fun than surprising your spouse with something a little unexpected (take it from me, the sneaky one in my marriage ;)).

Or how 'bout surprising your spouse with a special golf lesson for the two of you (click here)? I don't golf but have taken a few lessons in WDW and they have been an absolute hoot.

Or how 'bout considering any number of fun recreational activities (click here)? Do something that you don't normally do, like a guided fishing excursion (I don't fish due to seafood allergies but have a ball on the excursions with my family), a couple of rounds of miniature golf, a lunchtime cruise on a pontoon boat, or a horseback ride. The possibilities are endless.

Doing something unique on your vacation will make your anniversary even more memorable than it will be. And if you happen to get an autographed photo of Mickey & Minnie, it will just add to your magical memories. Happy anniversary!

We received an autograph picture of Mickey and Minnie with a balloon for our 30th. My DH ordered flowers for me. They were in a large crystal vase with the castle etched on it. They were lovely.

For our 10th anniversary we stayed at the Contemporary. The first day there was a box with balloons attached to it and inside was a small snow globe (the castle with Mickey inside the globe and Mickey heads as the snow) an autograph book and pen. The second Day when we returned to the room there was an small photo album (2001 even though it was 2002. I didn't care though it was nice) and a card.

For my 40th birthday my husband told the front desk we were celebrating my 40th. We were upgraded to a water view room at the Boardwalk and later housekeeping came to the door with an autograph picture card and balloons attached. Also for my sons birthday at the Contemporary he was sent an autographed card with balloons attached.

We never expected anything. So it was very nice to have that little extra magic.

Take Care
Jamie

We stayed at OKW for our 10th wedding aniversary. Since DSIL and BIL were staying with us for a few days of the trip we let them stay in our room with our then 2 year old DD and went to AKL for one night. (with AP rate.)

We were upgraded to a Savana view and in our room was a picture of minnie and mickey and a little box with his and hers purfume made of fake ivory. It was very nice and I was very touched. It was extra special since it was our 1st night alone since she was born. (and last since then.) :teeth:

I agree Disney Florist is a great idea. For my sons 6th birthday we ate at Chef Mickey's We ordered a cake from Chef Mickey's and a balloon bouquet attached to a stuffed Goofy from Disney Florist. They delivered the bouquet to Chef Mickey's that day and it was on the table when we arrived.

Added note about Disney going the extra mile....

While we were at dinner there was a little girl next to us celebrating her birthday too. My son wanted to give her one of his balloons. So as I tried to untie the baboons the whole bouquet slipped out of my hand and ended up high on the ceiling. My son was very sad and I was on the verge of tears. A couple of CM's tried to reach them by standing on a chair but that didn't work. They told me not to worry they were gonna get them down. Before long a maintenance man arrived with a few polls and a hanger top taped to one poll. He connected the polls and was able to hook onto the stings and pull it down. That certainly made my day and is yet one of the many reasons we return to Disney so often :)

Take Care
Jamie

dudspizza said:
I meantioned to the CM today when paying off our bill that DW and I would be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary while at WDW.... the CM said hang on a minute and I could hear her typing. She then came back on and said something special would be waiting for us when we arrived, but said she wouldn't tell me what.....
Duds

It was our DD and DSIL's first wedding anniversary during our stay at AKL last year. Right after we got into our rooms a knock came to our door with a CM looking for them. He had an autographed photo of the charactors and a balloon for them. Our DD was touched and then another knock came to the door. This time it was a CM with a lovely anniversary card from the girl at CRO who made our reservations for us. My DH had mentioned that it was going to be our daughters' anniversary during our stay. That one really surprised us.

Last year my husband mentioned to a CM at PoR that it was our 11th anniversary. When we came back from the parks we found a signed card from mickey and Minnie in our room. They were in their wedding attire. Very cute!!

2 years ago, we stayed at the Poly, and I mentioned in my fax to the room assigner that we were celebrating our anniversary during our stay, and the second day we were there, we arrived back at our room to a gift basket full of goodies, a balloon, and a rose.

Also during the same trip, we had dinner at CRT adn when making the PS I mentioned we were celebrating our anniversary that night, and after dinner, our waiter brought us a set of etched glass champagne glasses with CRT emblem in them and he wished us a happy anniversary.

StrwLady said:
I agree Disney Florist is a great idea. For my sons 6th birthday we ate at Chef Mickey's We ordered a cake from Chef Mickey's and a balloon bouquet attached to a stuffed Goofy from Disney Florist. They delivered the bouquet to Chef Mickey's that day and it was on the table when we arrived.

Added note about Disney going the extra mile....

While we were at dinner there was a little girl next to us celebrating her birthday too. My son wanted to give her one of his balloons. So as I tried to untie the baboons the whole bouquet slipped out of my hand and ended up high on the ceiling. My son was very sad and I was on the verge of tears. A couple of CM's tried to reach them by standing on a chair but that didn't work. They told me not to worry they were gonna get them down. Before long a maintenance man arrived with a few polls and a hanger top taped to one poll. He connected the polls and was able to hook onto the stings and pull it down. That certainly made my day and is yet one of the many reasons we return to Disney so often :)

Take Care
Jamie

Awwww....that was very sweet!!!! Just made me ..... :goodvibes

Please don't wait for something to arrive... If the CM made a request, she's put notes in to the front desk to acknowledge your anniversary, if it goes thru, it's quite probable that you will get a Magical Moments Certificate... or an autographed piccy of Mickey.

We Honeymooned in Disney and booked it as that, told the front desk when we checked in, etc. received nothing from DW. My dh though took multiple buses for over an hour and came back to the room with a vase full of red roses!

We also had an anniversary there and the same thing, nothing from DW, and this time my dh knew how and where to get the roses!! :love2:

When we made our ressies for CSR in 2000 my DW mentioned it would be our anniversary. We were given a coupon for a free glass of champagne in the lounge. We were also given a free upgrade in the Ranchos but I don't know if that was because of our anniversary.

When we made our reservations we told them it was our honeymoon. We stayed at the CSR. While there, we got an autographed card w/ balloons (Minnie and Mickey) and a voucher for a champagne toast. When we went this year we were there for our 1 year anniversary. We mentioed it to the bell hop as he was bringing in our luggage. When we came back from the parks the next day there was another champagne toast voucher :)

I don't know about other places, but the CSR treats their folks SAAAWEEEETT! :)

We've received "gifts" from the resort that ranged from a bottle of champagne on ice in our room when we arrived from the parks before going out for dinner (Wilderness Lodge) to a Christmas decoration and a complimentary waterview upgrade (Beach Club) to a chocolate photograph of and from the Yacht Club to nothing (from the GF). All in all, we're very appreciative and grateful for all Disney has done to make our anniversay great. We're going to be there for our anniverary again this year (two weeks after) and will be bringing our 6 year old son to help celebrate.

When dh made the reservation for our trip to AKL last fall, he noted that we would be celebrating our anniversary. No promises of "gifts" were made, and none were received. We were wished a happy anniversary upon check-in and at each of our sit-down meals. However, when I booked our upcoming May trip, the CM told me to call our resort (AKL again) 2 weeks before our visit and again note that we would be celebrating our 2ds' birthdays during our stay. She also said that the resort CMs would provide an autographed photo of the characters. She said that most of the resorts also provide balloons, but she wasn't sure what would be offered at AKL (remember: no balloons allowed at this resort.). I'm not expecting anything, but it sure would be a treat for my kids.

Just go with the attitude that you won't be receiving anything. Many on the DIS have been promised something when they made their reservations only to get nothing when they got to WDW.

Many many people are celebrating special occasions and they can't do it for everyone.

safetymom said:
Just go with the attitude that you won't be receiving anything. Many on the DIS have been promised something when they made their reservations only to get nothing when they got to WDW.

Many many people are celebrating special occasions and they can't do it for everyone.

I am not expecting anything at all. After all, I am at WDW, but if something comes..... a nice, unexpected bonus.

Duds

When we stayed at the BC concierge we returned after our anniversary dinner to find a white chocolate Mickey surrounded by chocolate covered strawberries in tuxedos. We also recieved an BC anniversary pin and a card signed by Mickey. It was a total shocker because we didn't expect anything - but it was a great surprise and truly made the day even more magical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter