Men's Warehouse Heads Up

MsEsty

DIS Veteran
If you are planning on using Men's Warehouse in FL to have your tuxes delivered, they are losing their distribution center as of Monday. What this means is if you have your tuxes delivered to your hotel and there are any issues, you are out of luck. They can still deliver the tuxes to your room but you are taking the chance on everything being perfect.

We are really getting screwed. Now the guys need to go to their local MW’s to pick up the tuxes, but they won’t be ready until 12/2 – two days before we leave. We were told for the guys to “get there early” so they can overnight any changes.

I’ll be calling Carolyn Allen’s in the morning to see if they can help us.

That's a bummer. We ordered our tuxes already. I wonder if we can cancel them. We really wanted to use MW because we'll get a free suit out of it, but I don't want to be a nervous wreck wondering if the tuxes will all be correct. If we were to pick up the tuxes at our local branch it would be four days before the wedding and they wouldn't be able to be returned until almost a week later. I'll have to call to see what they'd charge us to do that. Thanks for posting!

That's a bummer. We ordered our tuxes already. I wonder if we can cancel them. We really wanted to use MW because we'll get a free suit out of it, but I don't want to be a nervous wreck wondering if the tuxes will all be correct. If we were to pick up the tuxes at our local branch it would be four days before the wedding and they wouldn't be able to be returned until almost a week later. I'll have to call to see what they'd charge us to do that. Thanks for posting!

At least in our case, our "drop off" is a full week (if not more) after we originally get them and the Fl store is still picking them up. They knew that even though our wedding is on a Tuesday, our photoshoot is not until Friday so the tuxes would not be available until Friday at noon and we are not being charged extra (it looks like Caroline Allen's charges $30 a day). While I feel bad for Julie and her staff because it sounds as if this DC closing was just dropped on them, this is causing a lot of people to scramble. I have a feeling that they are going to fight me on getting our money back and now that we are less than a month away, just don't feel like fighting right now :headache:

Not to be Debbie Downer, but this can happen to you with Carolyn Allen's too because their distribution center is in Georgia and is closed over the weekend. So when we discovered at a Friday fitting that the Best Man's tux was too big, they were not able to replace it in time for our Monday wedding.

Fortunately, Carolyn Allen's keeps some of the more popular tux styles on hand in multiple sizes (and you would think MW Tux would do it too). But I guess our peak-lapel tuxedos were not popular enough to be among them. :confused3

Also, we were not charged $30/day by Carolyn Allen to keep the groom's tux extra days for the MK Shoot. You might see if they'll waive the fee—especially when they find out what a bind MW Tux put you in! Good luck! :goodvibes

Oh No :eek: This is not good! I guess well need to think of another plan! I hope it all works our for you...Please keep us posted! THANKS and GOOD LUCK! :wizard:

I'm confused. We were planning on picking up the tuxes from the Winter Garden location on a Saturday, with the wedding on Tuesday...with the thinking that if something is wrong we will know then and there. If we do this and something is wrong, are we out of luck because the DC is gone? (As in, it makes no difference if they are delivering them to the hotel room or we physically go to pick them up at the Winter Garden location.) :confused3 Just making sure I'm following this correctly before I start making phone calls.

Help I am confused our tuxes were supposed to be delivered on Monday for our Tuesday Wedding. Does this mean if something is wrong it cannot be corrected?

I'm confused also. We are having our tuxes delivered on a Wednesday from MW for our Friday wedding. Does this mean that if it doesn't fit then we are stuck with it?
Did MW call you with the information? Should I call them?

I'm confused. We were planning on picking up the tuxes from the Winter Garden location on a Saturday, with the wedding on Tuesday...with the thinking that if something is wrong we will know then and there. If we do this and something is wrong, are we out of luck because the DC is gone? (As in, it makes no difference if they are delivering them to the hotel room or we physically go to pick them up at the Winter Garden location.) :confused3 Just making sure I'm following this correctly before I start making phone calls.

Help I am confused our tuxes were supposed to be delivered on Monday for our Tuesday Wedding. Does this mean if something is wrong it cannot be corrected?

I'm confused also. We are having our tuxes delivered on a Wednesday from MW for our Friday wedding. Does this mean that if it doesn't fit then we are stuck with it?
Did MW call you with the information? Should I call them?

To try to answer all the questions at once (as best I can)

The Winter Garden store is now a basic store. Julie, the store manager called me and my fiance. If there is a problem, they can do minor alterations but if something is completely wrong, and it is over a weekend, you are going to be out of luck.

Our situation is similar to Sparkle's. We were arriving on Saturday, going to have a "try on" day on Sunday and go to the store/DC on monday for any changes. At that time, it would be too late to have something overnighted from Georgia for our Tuesday wedding.

Dream, as I understand it, if your tuxes are being delivered on Monday and there is a problem, I don't know if they could guarentee a delivery for the next day - it would all depend on the time you try it on and your wedding.

Deb, you *might* be okay, since you have the Thursday to have changes sent.

I would definitely call and check. Due to the fact that I already paid, I have a feeling I would lose a deposit or the entire payment already so we're left waiting to see if they can "hopefully" move up the delivery date for the guys.

If it makes you all feel any better, keep in mind that this situation is only a problem if there is a big fit discrepancy for the tuxes that requires a completely different-size piece—like they accidentally brought a 42 L and he's a 32 S or something.

If you read through trip reports of people who have used this service from Carolyn Allen or MW Tux, you'll see that the majority of the time all they need to do is hem the pants or sleeves differently to perfect the fit—rarely do pieces need to be exchanged. :thumbsup2

To try to answer all the questions at once (as best I can)

The Winter Garden store is now a basic store. Julie, the store manager called me and my fiance. If there is a problem, they can do minor alterations but if something is completely wrong, and it is over a weekend, you are going to be out of luck.

Our situation is similar to Sparkle's. We were arriving on Saturday, going to have a "try on" day on Sunday and go to the store/DC on monday for any changes. At that time, it would be too late to have something overnighted from Georgia for our Tuesday wedding.

I would definitely call and check. Due to the fact that I already paid, I have a feeling I would lose a deposit or the entire payment already so we're left waiting to see if they can "hopefully" move up the delivery date for the guys.

That's what I thought...of course this would happen! :headache: I hope things work out for you. I would be so stressed out this close to the date. We've already paid as well. Thanks so much for posting for the rest of us. It's so irritating having made plans for any issues, just to find out you planned for nothing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter