• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Menehune Charm

ssusca

Earning My Ears
My Family and I just returned from an incredible vacation at Aulani. We were staying on rented DVC points. Unfortunately, the little menehune charm that was on the necklace the my daughter received when we arrived has fallen off and gotten lost. She is devastated by this. I've tried contacting Aulani to see if they would send out another one to us but I was told that they don't do that. The only way to get another one is to return (which I would love to do, however, since we live in Connecticut, it is really not in the budget for a little while). This seems very un-Disneylike to me. They are usually so incredibly accommodating when it comes to customer service.

I checked ebay and the only one I could find was selling for $50! That seems to be a little bit much. I was wondering if anybody knows any other way I may obtain one of these charms?

I have several! It's our home resort and we've already been twice and will certainly return. PM me and I have no problem popping one in the mail for you :)

PM sent. You are a life saver! I can't thank you enough. My daughter will be so pleased.

I have several! It's our home resort and we've already been twice and will certainly return. PM me and I have no problem popping one in the mail for you :)

That is so incredibly kind of you. To OP, glad that this worked out and the wonderful memories of Aulani aren't overshadowed by your daughter's sorrow over her lost momento.

No problem at all! I am happy I could help. These boards are so helpful for me I'm more than happy to pay forward the magic pixiedust: I'll have it in the mail in the next day or two, hopefully it doesn't take too long! Just tell her the menehuene sent it...they are magical after all!!

No problem at all! I am happy I could help. These boards are so helpful for me I'm more than happy to pay forward the magic pixiedust: I'll have it in the mail in the next day or two, hopefully it doesn't take too long! Just tell her the menehuene sent it...they are magical after all!!

Oh my goodness, so sweet of you! Off to google this charm, I want to see what it looks like!

I popped this in the mail on Monday, hoping you'll let me know when it makes its way to you :goodvibes

That is so sweet of you! if only everyone in the world was just as sweet and caring as you are :thumbsup2 then we would leave in a peaceful and wonderful world:hippie:

Do good get good as my dad always says.

That is so sweet of you! if only everyone in the world was just as sweet and caring as you are :thumbsup2 then we would leave in a peaceful and wonderful world:hippie:

Do good get good as my dad always says.

Thank you for the kind words, you made my day! :cloud9: I know what it's like to have a disappointed child so I am more than happy to help. Hoping it makes it safe and sound and quickly!

So this came back to me in the mail...it didn't occur to me that I would need to include a customs form :blush: I don't mail much to the US so I figured postage would do! It is back in the mail for round two!

I was wondering if it got lost in the mail or if there was some issue with it coming across the border. It seems a bit crazy to have to fill out a customs form for such a small thing. Thanks again!

And I'm sorry I didn't see the original post. I was there when this was first posted and I would have brought one back.....and I'm in in NY so it would have been easy...... I wasn't online much while I was there.....hmmmmm, I wonder why :-)

We received the menehune charm in the mail yesterday. I can't thank you enough for your generosity!. My daughter is thrilled. She now has a necklace she can wear to remind her of her wonderful vacation.

Thank you so much!

just wanted to say that is so nice of you to do Anek0618:goodvibes:goodvibes

We received the menehune charm in the mail yesterday. I can't thank you enough for your generosity!. My daughter is thrilled. She now has a necklace she can wear to remind her of her wonderful vacation.

Thank you so much!

Great! I'm so glad it made it there. Aulani is an unbelievable place and I'm glad your daughter now has something that will always remind her of it. We are lucky to live relatively close and be able to visit on a somewhat regular basis!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter