• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Men, please.........

So... why is this only a problem with men, exactly?

Oh no, sure, it is women too, but, for me, it seemed like the stinky men outnumbered the women this trip. :lmao:

This has never happened- the numbers are growing for the men and we may have found the culprit- Axe! :teacher:

I agree that AXE is more than a small problem. And the worst of it: now other brands (like Old Spice) have gotten on board. I believe it is a problem - not just in Disney World, but in everyday life....try going to a middle or high school....I don't know how those poor teachers breathe.

Perfumes and Colognes should only be smellable by someone right on top of you in close proximity, not noticable by anyone in a 20 foot radius. Dab, don't bath. Some (many) people are very allergic to certain strong scents and they can cause severe medical responses. Have some concern for your fellow man/woman.

Perfume and cologne smells can induce asthma attacks in people. Time for Disney to ban (or put them in a special place) like they did the smokers. It's just as, if not MORE offensive, than the smoke.

Perfume and cologne smells can induce asthma attacks in people. Time for Disney to ban (or put them in a special place) like they did the smokers. It's just as, if not MORE offensive, than the smoke.

:lmao: I am sorry- I just got this mental image of all the people wearing cologne and perfume congregated in one small area like the smokers......but they are not doing anything, just standing there. Now what? :laughing:

People should lighten up on the cologne, but I don't think there is a way to stop it. Maybe they can have a special line, like the bag security check, except security can sniff you. If they don't like the scent, down the trap door you go! :laughing:

Please consider those of us who are physically affected by your cologne/perfume. I get migraines from strong scents and I would rather not spend my day vomiting from your need to bathe in the stuff. I agree, antiperspirant/deodorant and a shower is all you really need. Please don't ruin my vacation with your smellyness.

:lmao: I am sorry- I just got this mental image of all the people wearing cologne and perfume congregated in one small area like the smokers......but they are not doing anything, just standing there. Now what? :laughing:

People should lighten up on the cologne, but I don't think there is a way to stop it. Maybe they can have a special line, like the bag security check, except security can sniff you. If they don't like the scent, down the trap door you go! :laughing:

:rotfl2: I know, I thought of that after I typed it!! Maybe designated showering areas??? :rotfl: Or you could go through a nuetralizing tunnel and come out smelling like nothing. Now that would be great! No BO, No cologne - just sweet nothing :yay:

Personally, I think perfumes and colognes should be subtle. If a person walks by and the scent smacks you in the face, it's too much. The scent should leave bystanders with a pleasant feeling, and maybe the feeling of wanting another sniff - not knock them over. You don't want people thinking your perfume smells good - they should be thinking that YOU smell good. Too much of a good thing is very often a bad thing.

Also, if you plan to use a perfume or cologne, please make sure your other toiletries are unscented. The problem is magnified if there are several scents fighting for dominance.

I couln't have said it better. I have been trying to tell my DH this for years. My DMIL has been bathing in the stuff for years. DH and I have been married for 26 now. As she has been getting older her sense of smell has been getting worse. So naturally she puts more on and I have been getting sick from it from the begining. So of course DH like strong perfumes and wears them himself. He has been getting better though. It must be because then I go in the other direction. If you want bad the last time the in-laws came to visit was the worst. I was still upstairs getting reddy. They came in the house while I was getting out of the shower. I could smell her from a different floor of the house. I started coughing as soon as I came down the stairs. I ran back up the stairs and thought I was going to be sick. We were all supposed to be going to a big family gathering. I told DH I wasn't going it was to much and I didn't want to be ill the whole time. He didn't want to say anything, how would it look. My response is either he does or I will tell her to take a shower and we are going in seperate cars. Now he wants to invite them on our trip this spring. I informed him only if they have a seperate room.

I agree. No one should aim to smell like a Hollister store. I've actually seen the associates at the one near us spraying down the flippin' mannequins, as if the fog wasn't already permeating the mall enough.

I've had problems with both sexes in WDW. There's nothing worse than being stuck on the bus or monorail with someone who bathed in cologne. Ugh. It kind of makes me sick to my stomach or gives me a headache if I'm stuck around someone like that. Now that I think about it, being seated beside someone in a restaurant reeking of cologne is the worst. I can't even enjoy my food.

I think maybe women used to be worse than men, but now men are just as bad but I won't go as far as to say worse. I the users get used to the smell and start using more and more. Plus a lot of these smelly soaps and body sprays are almost as strong as colonge.

My mom used to work in an office that was mostly women. They finally had to ban cologne and perfume in the workplace.

I am so glad I am not the only one that thinks people bathe in their perfume. I have asthma and because of places using bleach and people using such high doses of perfume , I now have to wear a medic alert bracelet to warn the EMTS if I should happen to be unconscious and can't tell them that those 2 things can cause me a real bad asthma attack. Its so bad if I cannot get into fresh air , its not a pretty site and the attacks are getting worse. In fact the hospital where I use to work now uses bleach and I have suffered 4 asthma attacks while there visiting. People need to understand that there are people like me out there having to smell your perfume could have deadly results. Alittle dab will do it , not bathe in it. :headache:

I prefer their cologne to stench.

Men - keep wearing your cologne - as long as it is not Old Spice... :rotfl:

I prefer their cologne to stench.

Men - keep wearing your cologne - as long as it is not Old Spice... :rotfl:

I actually like the smell of Old Spice, it was my crutch when my fiance was deployed to Afghanistan. I'd spray it on pillows and such just to get me out of my rut. But I do admit, that large amounts of Old Spice does make me gag. But AXE is the worst, their commercials are teaching young boys and older men..the "double pitted chesty" something or another where they basically make an X of this aerosol can full of manhood across their chest.

I am so glad I am not the only one that thinks people bathe in their perfume. I have asthma and because of places using bleach and people using such high doses of perfume , I now have to wear a medic alert bracelet to warn the EMTS if I should happen to be unconscious and can't tell them that those 2 things can cause me a real bad asthma attack. Its so bad if I cannot get into fresh air , its not a pretty site and the attacks are getting worse. In fact the hospital where I use to work now uses bleach and I have suffered 4 asthma attacks while there visiting. People need to understand that there are people like me out there having to smell your perfume could have deadly results. Alittle dab will do it , not bathe in it. :headache:

sounds as though you should wear a mask when out in public. I am not sure it is reasonable or even realistic to expect the general public to adjust to your particularly severe sensitivities.

I agree. No one should aim to smell like a Hollister store. I've actually seen the associates at the one near us spraying down the flippin' mannequins, as if the fog wasn't already permeating the mall enough.

Oh my! How about the perfume store in Epcot/France?!!!:eek: The stores in the UK and Norway are OK- but France, forget about it! Who wants to smell like that?! Not only smell like that- but spend all that money to do so! :scared1:

Please consider those of us who are physically affected by your cologne/perfume. I get migraines from strong scents and I would rather not spend my day vomiting from your need to bathe in the stuff. I agree, antiperspirant/deodorant and a shower is all you really need. Please don't ruin my vacation with your smellyness.

Me too! Only I don't get the headache, I get vertigo. I still vomit though :sick:

Oh my! How about the perfume store in Epcot/France?!!!:eek: The stores in the UK and Norway are OK- but France, forget about it! Who wants to smell like that?! Not only smell like that- but spend all that money to do so! :scared1:

What I hate is that the store in Norway is part of the exit for the Maelstrom ride and you have to go through it to escape the trolls. They once had a door before the perfume part of the store, but now it's just an emergency exit or something.

I'm one of those people with fragrance related migraine issues and it sucks to find yourself sort of trapped like that. And it doesn't help matters when some guy thinks it'd be funny to squirt a sample on his buddy just as you're trying to make your charge through the crowd. I got hit in the face and my eyes went blurry and bloodshot (I'm sure that poster who suggested a face mask for another person will suggest goggles for me). I spent the rest of the day dealing with the eye issues and a migraine while doing laundry (after a long shower). I'd love to be someone who didn't have to deal with this sort of thing, but, unfortunately, I'm not.

SO bought me some new shaving cream that is so fragranced it gives me a headache and lingers for hours when i use it (only when i run out of my regular)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter