• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Memory Maker?

It's really too late because I already purchased it, will it be worth it?
We found that Memory Maker was definitely worth it on our vacation in August last year. It is especially worth it if you are riding the attractions with photos, planning on making full use of Disney's PhotoPass, and also meeting characters. We only rode the attractions and used PhotoPass, and from our 2 week vacation, we got over 200 photos. Since then, there has been the introduction of videos and magic-shots, which are both great additions. Definitely worth it in my opinion - will certainly be buying for our next vacation to WDW!

We found that Memory Maker was definitely worth it on our vacation in August last year. It is especially worth it if you are riding the attractions with photos, planning on making full use of Disney's PhotoPass, and also meeting characters. We only rode the attractions and used PhotoPass, and from our 2 week vacation, we got over 200 photos. Since then, there has been the introduction of videos and magic-shots, which are both great additions. Definitely worth it in my opinion - will certainly be buying for our next vacation to WDW!
I did it mainly for the pictures on the rides, I always love those. Do you have to tell them before you get on the ride that you have Memory Maker? And what do you mean by Disney's PhotoPass, is that the pictures that the Disney Photographers take in front of the Castle and stuff like that?

I did it mainly for the pictures on the rides, I always love those. Do you have to tell them before you get on the ride that you have Memory Maker? And what do you mean by Disney's PhotoPass, is that the pictures that the Disney Photographers take in front of the Castle and stuff like that?
Ride photos are always a wonderful memory from your vacation. No, you won't need to tell them - if you have a MagicBand, then your photos *should* automatically link. If you do not, then you can now tap your card at touchpoints at the photo viewing location on the exit of the attraction.

Yes - PhotoPass is any Disney photographer around the parks - like the ones in front of the castle, but there are many many more - We always like the PhotoPass photos from the water parks! :D

Ride photos are always a wonderful memory from your vacation. No, you won't need to tell them - if you have a MagicBand, then your photos *should* automatically link. If you do not, then you can now tap your card at touchpoints at the photo viewing location on the exit of the attraction.

Yes - PhotoPass is any Disney photographer around the parks - like the ones in front of the castle, but there are many many more - We always like the PhotoPass photos from the water parks! :D
Thanks for the info!

I did it mainly for the pictures on the rides, I always love those.

1. Do you have to tell them before you get on the ride that you have Memory Maker?

2. And what do you mean by Disney's PhotoPass, is that the pictures that the Disney Photographers take in front of the Castle and stuff like that?

1. No, your Magic Band will be detected by a sensor where the picture is taken and the picture will automatically be added to your account.

2. PhotoPass is the name of the photo-taking service. And yes, PhotoPass photographers are in front of the castle (as well as the icons at the other parks) and at other locations around the parks, including meet and greets.

I think it will be. Do not forget to ask photographers if they have any magical enhancements.

These are called Magic Shots, by the way.

My normally camera shy teenagers are so excited for the Magic Shots! I may finally get some pictures of my kids with them smiling!!
I'm also excited to finally be in the group pictures with my family. I'm usually the one taking them, and never have good luck with timer settings or letting other people use my camera.

I loved it. I wasn't sure when we bought it, but I am so glad we did. We have fantastic pictures - from photopass photographer stops and from the shows. My kids were in the Jedi Training show and my older boy was in the pirate show - we have all of the pictures from those shows and the photographer got some great shots.

Trying to understand the Memory Maker.. Do you all mean that the ride will know that I have a Memory Maker pass and automatically upload without me even having to stop at a photo kiosk to load it or do I still need to stop at the photo kiosk and have them upload it for me :)

Trying to understand the Memory Maker.. Do you all mean that the ride will know that I have a Memory Maker pass and automatically upload without me even having to stop at a photo kiosk to load it or do I still need to stop at the photo kiosk and have them upload it for me :)

It's not that it knows that you have Memory Maker, it detects your Magic Band - this will work even if you don't have Memory Maker. So, no, you don't need to stop at the photo kiosk.

how much is a photo w/o memory maker?

I think photos without MM are about $15ish each. Memory Maker was the best value of our trip. We had nearly 500 photos from our trip, and I love them. Not all of them are amazing, but some are HILARIOUS and I wouldn't trade them for the world :)

I am glad we did it, but wish we would have been more deliberate in having our photos made. Love all the ride photos and we did Hoop Dee Doo this time so got those which was great. We just didn't do a lot of stopping for the photographer and that would have given us more "bang for our buck".

I love having it on our first trip. I haven't had it on the additional trips.... I will get it when we take youngest DD down for her birthday.

The rides will automatically detect and aquire your photos via your magic band. Make sure your My memory maker is linked to your MDE and make sure all traveling with you are linked to your account. Memory maker will detect thier bands and capture thier photos / videos even if you are not with them on the ride. Log into MyDisneyPhotopass site with same info used in MDE to view your photos. Check this often to make sure all photos are captured. Sometimes the automatic process isn't so automatic. If you have photos that do not show up in your account, go to or call Disney Photo Pass services they are pretty good about finding photos.

Are there lots of photographers around in the parks?

We are going Oct 4th thru 11th and I want to maximize the emabrassment, I mean, opportunity for my teenagers. My youngest loves ride pictures, and we have to get them on any and all rides she goes on. I'm thinking it will pretty much pay for itself on that alone, but since I've got it I want to have fun with it.

it's great, especially if you are willing to stop and take lots of pictures! it's good for the character meals where they take your picture when you enter and for rides - there are even some video clips of the rides. it's fun to decorate your pictures. we just got back and had almost 500 pictures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter